Silver Auto Sales Inc.

Used 888-693-9191

LOW PRICING THROUGH OUR "BUY-IT-DIRECT" PRICING CONCEPT

Honesty, Open and Direct - Clarity w/Car Shopping

by from Chicago, Illinois |

After a 4 month search between a Nissan Murano, (mid) and Land Rover LR3 (mid-high) - I was exhausted! I wanted an affordable high end car that had a fair price and gave me good gas mileage. A dream right - Go figure! LOL... So, I ventured to cars.com scanning hundreds of cars online, and even visiting many minimally genuine dealerships. After researching, I happened upon Silver Auto Sales and Service. I researched the company to discover they were Wholesalers - previously selling only to Dealers. I was surprised to see they sold to the public. I found 2 Murano's in stock so I called to check if they were available. Right on the spot, Aaron (Finance) checked and informed me both vehicles were in stock. He invited me to speak with Steve Smith but instead, I drove to Frankford and upon walking in the door, was greeted by my name by Steve Smith. Steve was awesome! He was open, honest and very informative about the business; its history and the philosophy about the vehicles they sold. I not only test drove the 2 Murano's, but saw other vehicles - all clean, free Car Facts available for each, and even privately test drove about 5 cars alone (no tag along)! Wow... it didn't take long before I sat down with Steve who went over my budget, made recommendations regarding what would work for my lifestyle in terms of use, and what I REALLY wanted in a car. The prices are fair and direct. I found my dream vehicle ? one that was an affordable high end car, with had a fair price that could provide good gas mileage. I drove off with a 2006 Lexus RX400h (hybrid)! Far cry from that Murano at the same price, and a Land Rover L3 with historical maintenance drama (no offense). My new car fits me perfectly, and having had all the available resources and information on the vehicle right there - without haggling, wheeling and dealing, I was able to make an informed decision. Being a University Professor with affords me the knowledge to know when I am 'being taken' - students are very savvy. Suffice it to say, clarity was achieved during car shopping! At no point, did I feel pressured, out slicked or tricked - however the opposite - I had a clear opportunity to deal with honest, open and direct salesman (Steve and Aaron), who were courteous, patient and very refreshing. So far, I am pleased with my choice of vehicle and warranty provided (on site) - especially my choice of dealer. I highly recommend if you like no frills, no overhead and direct sales. I?ll be sending my son and a dear family friend there for their consideration as well. Thanks Silver Auto Sales - and Steve/Aaron.

great service

by from chicago, il |

We called ahead about the car and when we got they they had everything ready for us. Everyone there was nice and friendly.

Satified Customer

by from Harvey,Il |

I just purchased a 2008 Ford Focus that was advertised on the internet and I was suprised that the car was there. Some dealerships don't have the car your looking for. Silver Auto Sales did and the sales man was nice and I will recommend my friends and family to them.

You have to sift through the lemons...

by from Fowler, IN |

The vehicles that we were shown were pretty much junk. We had spoken with a salesman prior to coming and told him the cars we were interested in, and when we got there one of the 3 vehicles was out on a loan (this is one he supposedly put a hold on), so we weren't even able to see it. We saw a red Toyota Corolla that they had pulled up, but when we shut it off and tried to restart it, it failed to start. We also saw a black Honda Civic that had horribly pulsating brakes, and the salesman did not even mention the brakes, not even as a warning when we took it for a test drive! The cars looked great in the pictures, but in person they are really dirty, scratched and scuffed and we saw one with a huge crack in the front windshield (black Civic). When the crack was mentioned with the salesperson, he said if we were concerned with the scratches, cracks and such we should raise our price point. Oh yeah, and they will not wheel and deal (aka...negotiate). While we were waiting we also heard a different salesman complaining about a woman calling in about her vehicle that was getting fixed. He said that they thought the carburetor was flooded to the customer over the phone, but we heard them continuously trying to start a car (I am talking like minutes at a time, trying to crank this thing). It was more than likely an electrical problem, but they just kept doing the same thing and outright lied to the customer. They also sold a vehicle to a gentleman and when the customer mentioned the wear on the tires, the salesman said, "well, when you buy a used car you should figure on having to buy a new set of tires". We will not be returning to look at any of their vehicles.

It was ok.

by from Tinley Park, Il |

Customer service was average. But the finance lady was terrible. She added extra charges onto contract that we didnt agree upon. After I discovered it, she got really upset and it seem like she didnt want to write the deal up anymore. Once she finally wrote it up and we were done, she didnt say anything to me but sign here. No congrats on your purchase..no thank you..no nothing. Sales customer service - B Finances department - F+

Great place

by from Elk Grove Village |

Bought a Gmc truck with 188k back in march of 2013. Truck still runs like new, they are pretty trustworthy people. My sales guy was marty, he did a good job answering any question i had.

Great Experience

by from Lindenhurst, Il |

I am an educated consumer who had done my research. Silver Auto and Mike Carroll my salesman was wonderful. A satisfying experience. Gladly recommend.

A good deal for a knowledgeable buyer

by from Chicago, IL |

Silver offers great prices on cars and the reason is because they let you determine what, if any prep, you want done on your car. I just bought a 2006 Lexus ES 330 from them. The price was way less than any other dealers. The car hadn't been prepped, but was in solid mechanical condition (I had a 3rd party shop check it out before I bought it- which Silver was fine with). After I bought it I had my local car wash do $450 in dent removal for some minor dings, a full detail and wax, and I put in a new battery. Sure I put some money into the car post purchase, but I also saved about 3 grand from what other dealers were charging for the same car/year/mileage. If you don't care about price and you want a shiny used car with fresh tires and wax, this likely isn't your dealer. If you shop on price and don't mind taking care of some freshening up on your own, at least check these guys out. As for the sales team, I found the transaction very straightforward. They did what they said they would, with no hidden charges or games. My only complaint might be that they are pretty busy, and I had to wait a bit to sign paperwork.

18 year old buying his first car.

by from Wheatfield, IN |

I'm an 18 year who was looking for a reliable vehicle for a reasonable price. They took care of all the mechanical issues I noticed with speed and efficiency. My vehicle is in incredible shape inside and out.

Don't buy a car from that place!

by from Chicago, IL |

I bought my car in December 2012 . The staff was great and the experience was pleasant. Then I got that shinny pice of junk home. I had three major repairs in six months. I have spent over 3 thousands dollars on that car. And went to start it yesterday and it would not start. I only drive it to the train station and back everyday. Car is not dependable. Now I have to look for another car. I promise you I will never go back to silver auto again. I can't wait to get rid of that car!

Bad bad

by from Taylorville il |

I cant say anything more than don't buy any car from them