J & M Automotive

J & M Automotive

756/820 New Haven Road, Naugatuck, CT 06770

Used 877-272-1487

Quality Preowned Automobiles at Affordable Prices

Great service, clean cars and facilities

by from Naugatuck, CT |

Love my new Jeep! Great and friendly service. Reliable sales people and a great environment.

great selection great quality used cars

by from North Branford . Ct |

I was impressed over the large selection of Quality cars, the non pressure sales approach, and the fast response from the service department to address any warranty repairs, Sue Janelli our sales person was A pleasure to work with.When I was waiting for my car in the service department several employees that walked by asked if I had been helped.that was impressive I would recommend this dealership to my friends and will be visiting them again for my next purchase.

Best used car experience!

by from Terryville, CT |

My wife and I have purchased 4 used cars from J&M Automotive. Each and every time has been a pleasure. Service is fantastic and the vehicles have always been a pleasure to own. Make this one of your stops while shopping for cars You won't be disappointed.

Quality service for quality automobiles

by from Darien CT |

Not only did I find that J&M Automotive has wide variety of quality vehicles for more than fair prices, but they also have a friendly and helpful staff that is both professional and down to earth. Mike Lombardi sold me my 2009 Honda Element over 2 months ago and I still couldn't be happier with it! I will definitely be buying any future used vehicles from J&M and recommending them to anyone and everyone that is looking to buy a car. Their huge selection is sure to have something for everyone.

J&M Automotive did an excellent job

by from Rhode Island |

From the response to my internet query, to the facilities, to registering the car in RI, to the financing, and even a repair covered by the 60 day warranty, J&M Automotive did a great job. No complaints! Compared to the used car I bought from a large VW dealership in Mystic, dealing with J&M was a breath of fresh, helpful air!

A fantastic car buying experience!

by from Essex, CT |

I recently bought 2 cars here and my experience was fantastic! I first made contact via the internet with Kyle who was extremely helpful and patient with my questions. I then worked with Bruce whom was a delightful fellow and went over both cars in great detail with me. We worked on the numbers and we reached an agreement that was mutually acceptable. Then I was off to see Ken the finance wizard who put everything together, explained all my options and warranties available in explicit detail. I should also mention that Bruce and I agreed on a few details with each car that I wanted either repaired, replaced or at least looked into, this is important, they never hesitated, everything was made right no questions asked, no fight no argument. This is the way every Car dealer should operate! I would recommend them to anyone and I most certainly will be back for my next vehicle! Hats off to J&M! Thank you all for an excellent car buying experience!

Tough experience.

by from Newport, RI |

This was my 8th car buying experience. I tend to do a lot of internet shopping to find a reasonably priced car with a fair price and pay in cash (6 of 8 cars have been purchased outright). J and M Automotive has an abundance of vehicles and a good internet presence. I contacted them via email through cars.com and was happy with their quick response. I planned to pay cash for the vehicle, and to drive 2.5 hours away to get the car from them after a quick look at the car to verify that it had all of the things that I saw on the internet. I called in the morning prior to my departure to make sure that the vehicle was still in their inventory. They said it was. I asked if they'd be willing to hold it. They said that they did not hold cars. I asked if they'd hold it with a deposit from me, feeling fairly confident that it was the car I wanted (after having shopped extensively on the internet to verify that decision). The representative told me that he'd hold the keys in his office and give me a call if someone else was interested. Upon arrival at the dealership after 2.5 hours of driving with a wife and four kids in the car (a circumstance that I had described to their representative in the aforementioned paragraph), he acted surprised that I'd arrived so quickly despite the face that I'd arrived almost exactly when I said I would. I also asked them (prior to arrival via email) if they would accept a personal check. They would not. I asked for a reference to a local bank that would be able to take a check and give me the cashier's check that they required. The bank that I was referred to, was not willing to take a check. I had actually planned to finance the car with the dealership and pay it off completely at the first monthly payment if I needed to, or to see if they would allow me to pay with a debit card, but it didn't get to that point. He looked for the keys on his desk, and could not locate them. He then discovered that they were in one of his associate's offices. Apparently, one of the other sales reps had shown the vehicle to another customer who was buying the car. In fairness, they told me that they would not hold the vehicle and I'm sure that they have had people say they'd be right over who did not arrive. Also, they were generally kind agents who I believe were generally remorseful of the situation. They do not offer to make second keys if they do not have two. They do not offer to provide, or pay for, car mats if the vehicle didn't have them. They offer a half tank of gas upon purchasing one of their vehicles. Their facility is nice. Their waiting area is nice. Of note: I went to Watertown Honda (15 minutes from J and M) who was advertising a similar vehicle for a slightly higher price which had previously been my second choice. They held the vehicle for an hour and a half while my family ate pizza nearby prior to arrival. Interestingly, we were seated one booth over from the person who had purchased the vehicle that I drove 2.5 hours to buy. In addition to holding the vehicle for me, they: Provide a second key if they don't already have one. Provide car mats if needed. Accept personal checks. Have an equally nice waiting room. Have similarly large selection. And sold me a really nice car. After it was all said and done, I feel that I was blessed to have had a car not held for me by J and M Automotive.

Outstanding Dealership

by from Saratoga, New York |

Excellent dealership. Not only was I able to buy an outstanding car but my wife and I had an extremely enjoyable experience in doing so. Vinny the salesperson that handle my transaction is a true professional in every sense of the word. He went the extra mile, did everything possible to insure we were satisfied, and treated us with the utmost respect. I drove over 150 miles to purchase my car here and will not hesitate to do it again in the future.

AWESOME!

by from Ansonia, CT |

Sales staff was very friendly, and not pushy! Vehicles are in great condition. It's a friendly and clean environment. Dave was my salesman, and I would recommend him to anyone!

Very nice place for a car

by from Albany, NY |

We traveled to J&M because of the large selection. Very nice experience all the way through. Ken did a great job getting me financed. After a month I had a small problem they repaired quickly. I highly recommend J&M and will do business there again.