J & M Automotive

Used 877-272-1487

Quality Preowned Automobiles at Affordable Prices

Happy customer

by from Wallingford, ct |

Just picked up my new vehicle from J&M. My sales man Brad was very helpful and answered all my questions and the finance guy Steve was great too. Will recommend these guys to everyone. We have not been to Naugatuck in a while and their new facility is beautiful

Excellent for a USED CAR dealership

by from Durham, CT |

Some of these reviews haven't put into consideration that this is a USED CAR DEALERSHIP. As soon as you walk in, they have complimentary coffee, a nice lounge, and private offices to personally talk to your dealer. My mother and I came here to purchase a car. Although this car dealership may not have the CHEAPEST deals, it still has quality service and professional attitude. I'm seventeen and heading off for college soon so we purchased a practical 2010 Honda Civic with only 20,000 miles. We took it for a test drive and the engine sounded amazing. Unlike other car dealerships, these people give you the carfax for the vin number right there on the spot. If you're looking to pay $3000 for a car, don't go here. Don't waste your time because J&M has good quality used cars. You can't expect to buy a cheap, great quality, low milage, and new car from almost ...well anywhere really. Even though these prices may not be as low, they're still a bargain. Please DO NOT go to A Better Way Wholesale. They charge $800 for service fee, but they do absolutely nothing! My mom bought a hybrid there, and they said they checked everything but there was a huge crack in the window when we took it home. Compared to other used car dealerships, this place is actually really nice.

great service!

by from seymour, ct |

Brad is a good listener and friendly. I was impressed with his familiarity of the cars on the lots. I felt I my needs were important to him and he put them first. It was nice to talk with someone who could sell his product without talking at me or down to me. We will recommend him to others gladly.

J&M Automotive Review

by from New Britain, CT |

I thought that they were very professional from the beginning. I already knew what car I wanted, so there was no selling involved. I just took the 2005 Acura TL for a test drive, and when I returned, the salesman asked what I thought. I proceeded to sit down with him to get the paper work started after checking over the car. It was not too long before I was on my way. When I came back to pick up the car, everything was ready for me. I just had to sign some papers. The car looked new, and was in perfect condition. The dealership was outstanding. Great furniture, and showroom. They even had a rock wall on the side. Very clean and welcoming.

Bad buying experience.

by from New Haven, CT |

Bought a car from them (Toyota MR2) the car didn't even make the drive home. They did patch job repairs so it would run for 30 days to make it out of warranty. The car was burning a quart of oil every 200 miles, would never buy here again even if the prices seem good. BUYER BEWARE.

Great car buying experience

by from Naug, ct |

I just went to look at a used, low mileage suv. I found the sales staff to be very helpful, and friendly. They had the car listed at a very good price. I had been to other dealerships in the past week, and this experience was the most comfortable for me.

Not a nice dealership

by from westport, ct |

I emailed to find out why they wont give a free Carfax report like most other dealerships and they said because we're free to go buy one ourselves. I asked about one of the cars and how the preview from Carfax said it had dozens of records and the guy said obviously it wasn't the car I was looking for and asked if it was worth typing all that. I recommend going anywhere else. They obviously have something to hide and don't care about selling cars.

Pay for repairs, then buy the car?

by from Canton, CT |

The prices seemed good and I drove about 75 miles to get there. Service very slow and it was midday tuesday. Drove 2 models. Both obviously needed repair -- front end work AND brakes. Was told I had to pay $300 up front for repairs. One car stunk of cigarette smoke and had a yellowed ceiling. Uh huh. I am going to pay for repairs that cost more than $300 prior to buying a car & hope they're made? Every week I meet a lower form of life, but they made the record for at least a month.

Worth a visit

by from Cheshire,CT |

Drove about 10 miles to see 2 specific cars. Once there, I realized one of the cars was on one lot and the other on the main lot. SO MANY CARS! They had a huge selection, most with reasonable sticker prices. Had absolutely no problem getting one the the cars for a test drive and the other just getting inside. Very nice, casual atmosphere in the upscale lobby. Didn't buy a car, but will consider them for the future

Not a Friendly Place

by from Middletown, CT |

2 lots. Lots of cars. Only four salesmen. Manager ignores everyone entering the office. Waited 40 minutes to be helped. Finally got an older salesman who was too lazy to locate the 3 cars I drove 30 miles to see. It seems all 3 were at the other lot about a 1/4 mile down the road. I wanted to pay cash. The salesman biggest concern was how much of his time it would take to connect me with the cars I came to see. A very frustrating experience. I left.