Acura of Orange Park

(1.7) 8 Reviews

7200 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244

Used 904-777-5600

The worst car dealership ever!!

by from Jacksonville, FL |

I can't believe these people are still in business but I will do whatever I can to let people know/ warn you to never buy a vehicle from them EVER! Although, Acura's in my opinion are the best vehicles buying one from this dealership will make you regret ever stepping on their lot.... So please go ANYWHERE else to buy a car!! I hope you listen, if not I feel sorry for you in advance...

Scammed with Spot on Delivery Scam

by from Jacksonville, Fl |

Leased a car 48 hours ago. Filled out all the paperwork including the closed end lease agreement, have a plate and registration and we purchased insurance. Got a call this morning that we needed to bring the car back as the lease deal fell through with Honda Finance. We asked if we could try a finance with a different bank and they would not consider it nor even a co-signer. Left us no other option except to return the car. We are pretty sure there is some sort of issue with this car and not that could or could not get us financed. The only had 2 TL's on the lot and we think this one was probably being worked up already with another buyer who they were going to make more money off of. Never had a dealership not willing to do anything to salvage a deal. Unfortunately, we have had to contact a consumer lawyer who specializes in spot on delivery and yo yo financing fraud. Sadly, we purchased 2 other vehicles from them and had 4 total American Honda loans before. We more than qualify for their loyalty program. We are being scammed. Be very very careful. If they are willing to screw previous customers like this, they will take advantage of anyone. We will do everything and stop at nothing to make sure this is a buyer beware dealership.

Watch the Financing Details (2)

by from St Johns FL |

Judge for yourself: I agreed with the sales manager to purchase a vehicle at given price (with trade in - in writing). It was made absolutely clear multiple times that this was the final "out the door" price. AFTER I had signed the title on my trade in over to the dealership the finance officer tried to add extra charges. When I pointed out to him that I had made a deal for the agreed upon price he said that the deals negotiated by the sales staff were not the "real" deal and that essentially he could add charges at the end (how dumb does he think I am?). In my opinion he then made every attempt to "strong arm" me into paying the extra charges. Only when I threatened to walk out did he relent and sell me the car at the originally agreed upon price. I filed a complaint with Acura USA. They answered the phone immediately (no holding at all) and took the complaint very courteously. Excellent service from them. Sales staff were all very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Not acting like a "luxury dealership" when you get to the finance room.

I can't even begin to explain how AWFUL ...

by from Jacksonville, FL |

Interesting that I didn't see the last review from December 2013 before my experience; wish I had! On January 3, 2014 I called asking about an Acura TSX I'd seen online. A sales rep asked if he could call me back because he needed to verify that the car was still in stock; he called back in less than 10 minutes confirming the car was still available. After speak with him, and two other senior sales representatives during the negotiation process, I gave a deposit for the vehicle on January 5, 2014 and altered my work travel schedule to travel to pick up the vehicle January 11th. When I arrived January 11th, bank check and license plate in hand, I was met with another vehicle (not the one I'd secured) and an excuse that the car had been inadvertently sold on January 4th. Now how is it that a car was sold on the 4th and it wasn't until 7 days later that the information was communicated to me is just BAFFLING! And just as the other reviewer mentioned, the sales reps spent the next few hours trying to convince me to purchase one of the other vehicles they had on-site "at a great deal". This was my first car buying experience and I had done quite a bit of research on Acura. I will still probably purchase an Acura but not from here and I've written a lengthy letter to Acura headquarters to make sure they are aware of the lame customer service that is being associated with their brand at this location. This is a Jack Hanania dealership....he owns multiple Acura dealerships in the Florida area, so BEWARE!!!

Stay Far Away From These Guys

by from Rockledge, FL |

It's a pity that the lowest rating is one star, as zero would be more appropriate. I did not purchase a vehicle form this unscrupulous dealer, however I feel comfortable in warning anyone interested to go someplace else if you are looking for an Acura. My experience revealed the following: They are advertising vehicles on Cars.com that do not exist (commonly referred to as bait and switch). As of this writing, they have no less than SEVENTEEN Acura TSX Sportwagons listed on Cars.com. When I inquired about one of them (used) I was told it was no longer available and that they only a had THREE TSX wagons in stock. I was then asked if I would be interested in purchasing a new TSX wagon instead. I inquired as to the year and price and was told it was a 2012 model. Obtaining pricing information was like pulling teeth and when I finally got a number that didn't make sense (given the age of this "new" vehicle) I learned that these people apparently load up all of their cars with $2,000 of unwanted "accessories" and re-label the car as a "Premium" TSX Sportwagon. Thee so-called accessories were described to me as "the usual add-ons" and include aftermarket rubbish such as mud flaps, body side molding, trunk liners, etc. I have been driving Hondas and Acuras for over twenty years and have never experienced such disreputable business practices. There are no "usual add-ons" for Honda products, which is one of the attributes that separate them from other manufacturers (namely Toyota and all American cars). If at all possible, avoid these shysters. There are plenty of other Acura dealers with which to do business.

BMW 2013 Internet sales experience

by from Andover, MN |

I called from MN to purchase a 2013 BMW 135 used car.with 1340 miles. I was told it was for sale, then a day later they indicated it was sold to a private party. I then received a call that it was available, it did not sell at the auction. I asked what condition was the car and the sales associate said perfect, showroom condition. He indicated he would have it cleaned and detailed and would go around the car again. He sent me a text, sent me an e mail, and phoned me that he reviewed it and the car was perfect. I called him just prior to booking airfare and he again indicated that it was showroom. I flew in and looked at the car before the sales dept opened. It was dirty, and had scratches on the trunk. I talked to the people cleaning the cars and he indicated that he could not resolve the one scratch completely. The car was Black and it also had swirls or fine scratches. The GM said 50% of black new cars on his lot had the swirls because of cleaning twice a week. He may want to establish some process controls. I had no problem getting my initial deposit and the GM said there were other people interested. I had asked the salesman if there were scratches, dents, swirls, interior condition etc. He never even had the car detailed and yet he was able to see through the dirt that it was perfect. He had the car on July 30th ( Texted me) and I did not visit until Aug 3rd. That lesson learned cost me $900 in airfare and car rental, but more then that it again demonstrated that it is difficult to trust a person with a vested interest.. Buyer Beware!

No follow-up from the sales associate

by from Jacksonville, FL |

I visited the dealership in October 2012 to look at several pre-owned and new Acura TSXs to replace my TSX that was totaled in an accident. Being a previous Acura owner, I appreciated the time the sales associate spent with us showing us the features that were different from the one I owned. We left there leaning towards another TSX, but a follow-up email sent to the sales associate with a request for a list of their inventory meeting my needs was never answered. As a result, I settled on another make/model and purchased from another dealership. If you don't respond to your interested customers, you won't make the sale. I still love Acura and their cars and hope to own one again someday.

Watch the financing details, otherwise pretty good

by from Central Florida |

Negotiated purchase of a CPO Acura with a trade via email with Gigi. She was excellent. Process was quite smooth, but after the test drive it was more like working with a mid-line dealer than a luxury dealer. The fees are on the high side (which were disclosed during negotiation)and they push pretty hard to sell you all the service contract add-ons. My biggest complaint is I requested Acura promotional financing (for which I was qualified) and ended up with Wells Fargo Dealer Services (at essentially the same rate) with a prepayment penalty clause. I discovered this when the letter from Wells Fargo came in the mail. I wouldn't have cared if they had told me when we were doing the paperwork, but I felt blindsided. I have also not seen a prepayment penalty in any of the car loans I have had in the last 20+ years. However, its my fault for not reading the fine print...