AJs Nice Cars

AJs Nice Cars

2438 W. Division, Arlington, TX 76012

Used 888-801-6381

AJ really has nice cars!

by from Fort Worth Texas |

I have bought several cars from AJs. Every time my kids turn 16 and need a good, reliable car for not too much money we go see Ronny at AJs. We get a fair deal on a good car. He has many many makes and models to choose. We always find a good car for the money and no problems ever.

Window shopping for a small pickup

by from Midlothian,Tx |

I was just checking the computer for a Toyota Tacoma and saw AJ's ad. I dropped and was met by a nice person who showed me the truck..Although I did not buy it at the time, I was impressed by the friendly guy that met me on the lot and showed the truck to me. If I was buying at the time, I would have certainly considered the Tacoma, it was exactly as advertised..

Not satisfied

by from Arlington, Texas |

The vehicle's description was not at all like what came with the vehicle. A bunch of lies. Sorry service, not professional at all. Don't buy anything from this guy.

Horrible Customer Service

by from Seagoville, Tx |

I sent in for an info request on a vehicle, and instead of getting a decent response, I only received a single word regarding the vehicle. "sold". I will not deal with a dealership that feels like this is an appropriate response to a prospective customer. Lost a customer for life with that 1 word.

March 6, 2014

We would never respond bluntly with only sold. We say sorry this car is sold and if we can recommend a similar vehicle in our inventory. Cases with secretary answering when she has another caller on the other line might have been the case. We love the opportunity to earn all businesses and apologize for the short response. My name is Ronnie AJ (owner) please call me to make it good for you.

Going Down Hill

by from Dallas, TX |

Bought my first car there back in 2011 and it was very simple and hassle free to purchase a vehicle. Had no issues and I was on my way. Made my payments and if an issue came up no problem. Paid it off early and figured why not purchase another one. I found out that the salesperson that initially sold me the car moved on and was no longer there. No biggie I thought. I dealt with other salesperson who was friendly (at first) and went for a test run. Really just down the street and back. How is this really a test drive? Spoke to him about the minor cosmetic issues and he told me that they don't mess with the cosmetics. Ok fine, no biggie. I ended up purchasing the vehicle and explained I needed my payment on this certain due date and he advised no problems. I myself went that day and bought the parts and the wife and I made the minor cosmetic repairs. A day or so later I noticed the transmission was acting up. Called them up and was told no problems bring it in, write up a repair order and set up a day to drop it off. Awesome, they are going to take care of it (non-cosmetic). Well we don't live in the area and the wife had to fight traffic before arriving a little late to drop it off. The person at the maintenance shop gave her an attitude and acted like we couldn't drop it off and had to reschedule because she was 45 minutes late. Really? Dropped it anyways. Got the call to pick it up and its going to be $ for the repairs. WHAT!! This should have been taken care of before I bought it. Only had it a few days and you are charging me. Yes and you can't pick up the car unless you pay for the repairs. Owner was out of the country and the Salesperson (owner son) will not work with you. Fortunately, another person there worked with me and ate up some of the cost and I appreciated that. He hasn't been there since, bummer. A few days later, same issue with the tranny. Called them back and of course they tell me, schedule another appt or take it to your own mechanic. So I paid for a service that didn't correct the issue. You pay to have a car FIXED not "worked on." Months down the road, we mailed a payment and I guess it never made it. There may have been two phone calls within a week and a half after the due date (still wrong date), that we didn't receive the message. Their word against ours right? Well, they picked up my car for 10 days past due. Really? I paid off a previous car and always pay my note and if I ever have any issues we inform them. That should have rang a bell. I guess they don't really know their customers or they would have known it was out of our character. So they next day I make a trip down there and pay everything that is due. No problems. The lady that works there (this time) is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place because she gets the brunt of all the disgruntled customers. She did update my due date and information. I guess the salesperson was too lazy and didn't complete the information correctly. While I was there picking up my car I overheard a couple telling them that when they purchased their vehicle the power steering was acting up and the tranny also went out. I get home and realize the back bumper is flapping off. I think people get to know their car well after owning it a while. I called to get the number for their towing company. It falls on the tow company right, not them? Well, the owner gets on the phone and gives me attitude. It could have happened last night while it was parked in your driveway? Really, thats the answer you are going to give me? We could go back and forth with this what if, could of, stuff. They really just aren't like it was on my first experience. Repeat business is what they are suppose to strive for but I guess not. Of course I rated the buying process high because that's when they are your friend. It has gone downhill from there. I will not purchase another vehicle nor will I recommend to anyone. Thanks for listening (venting victim).

March 6, 2014

WAAAW ! After numerous calls reminding him of his payment passed due with no response his car was repossessed, we are not a transmission repair facility and car drove great at time of purchase that is why he bought it. We financed him with minimum down payment and very bad credit because he was a repeat customer. Under $4000 cars might have cosmetic issues. Can not make some cars over 12 years old brand new again. This are car had over 130,0000 miles on it. We do our utmost effort to make sure that our cars are well serviced/inspected/detailed and presented to the best of our abilities. However we are not driving the cars after the sale, we do not know how and whom is driving them and how they have been taking care of. This was a happy customer that is why he came back ! We got him in a car where no one else would. Sorry attitude unfortunately because he got repossessed when he failed to full fill his responsibility and pay his note. would have been fair to state make model and mileage on vehicle in question to let the pubblic judge us accordingly. Still willing to help and work with all customers to the maximum of our abilities. Ronnie AJ 817 312-8877

No Customer Service

by from Plano, TX |

I normally don't review bad service, but I just had to after my experience with this dealership. While looking the car over the salesman totally ignored us, and took a phone call. He seemed like he didn't want to assist us. I asked if I could test drive it, and he asked me, "If we do are we going to deal?" I found this inappropriate, but said if we agree on a price. The car ran good, but needed to repaint the front and back end, and needed to replace the drop top. Other than that the car ran pretty good. The car is advertised as a Roush. I researched this car to see if it really was one and found out it wasn't. I asked him if he knew this, and he said it isn't priced like a Roush, but their advertisement says it is. Can be deceiving for someone that doesn't know about Mustangs, and how to see if they are real. Was just a bad experience overall. I will never go back.

March 7, 2014

If we list a Rouch then it is one backed by the VIN # and free car fax provided. We can not allow any one to go on a test drive when they show bad attitude, wanting to discount the price below cost especially on a high performance sport car. We value all customers and expect the same level of respect that we strive to always offer. Just a sorry person tarnishing our reputation because we did not allow to test drive and could not sell for the ridiculous low offer.

Too defensive!

by from Fort Worth, TX |

Checked out a Toyota there. Nice condition with a few problems but listed $2,000 over KBB retail value. When I asked the guy about it he got defensive and "educated" me about how KBB can't be used or he would make no money and challenged me to bring him cars for this price. I never even said I was insisting on this price. I just asked about the difference. Seems reasonable. As a consumer how am I supposed to know what a car is worth other than checking some sources. Maybe a better approach would be to explain it in a nicer way instead of getting defensive and to also offer to negotiate instead of throwing up a brick wall from the beginning. He just lost a customer.

March 7, 2014

Before checking the car or driving it he is wanting to buy at KBB price. With all respect to whom ever KBB is ? I did get offended by his $2000 less offer and explained that the price is determined on condition and services rendered to cars before the sale. Our cars get new brakes, new timing belts, scratches and dents removed, etc etc. When we price vehicles at our dealership we have to calculate cost + small profit. Then here comes mr KBB customer ! I just asked him to go buy from Mr KBB instead. Lot of times KBB/NADA and other book values are irrelevant pricing tools, depending on vehicles condition you are shopping for. Sorry but I do not needs customers like this. There are some cars that are way over priced by KBB and some way under priced. The market demand and the condition of the car is what determinate the price. The KBB brick was arrogantly thrown at me from the get go instead. His offer was insulting. When they don't get what they want they unjustly throw a negative feed back at you !

Does not stand by car description

by from Fairfield, Iowa |

Aj's advertised the car the car I bought from them as a Prius Touring with no significant body blemishes. They listed the features to include cruise control and a tonneau cover for the trunk. I had the car checked by a mechanic to test its engine and mechanical features. It checked out. Before I bought the car I tried to ask them about specific features, but they would not go through the feature list, instead telling me that whatever was in the advertisement was what the car had. I had the car shipped to me and when I received the car I found that it was not a Prius Touring, but a Prius Base. This is at least a $1,000 difference according to multiple car appraisal sites (Kelly's Blue Book, Edmund's, etc.). The rear bumper has a 2 foot crack in it and there are 4 noticeable scratches, 1 significant. The car does not have cruise control or a tonneau cover. I contacted AJ's and asked them to compensate me $600 for all the differences. I sent them pictures to show them what I was talking about. They refused saying they are not responsible for VIN decoding errors. In fact the difference between Prius Touring and Base cannot be found from the VIN. They then said they are not responsible for the accuracy of the ad and I had gotten a good enough deal on the car. They refused to offer any compensation. They did say they would take the car back, but it is obvious that that is not a practical solution as I paid $500 to have the car shipped to me. AJ's does not stand by their description of the car so if you buy from them be sure you have all the features checked as well as the cosmetics. They were easy to deal with before and during the sale, but I would not buy from them again because you can't know what you are getting from the advert. and their basic response is tough luck.

March 8, 2014

Worked very hard to please this customer. Took car my self and had it inspected by his own mechanic that he knew for years before purchase. I spent 1/2 a day to do just that for him. We also assisted in shipping to his state and saved him money with our central dispatch membership. We can not be responsible for what happens on the way from Texas to Iowa ! This is a used car with close to 100 K miles on it and over 7 years old. He knew it had no cruise control and his mechanic told him so. Bought our car all the way from Iowa because he could not find a better deal. Never responded nor would ever say tough luck to a customer. Just an old man lying !

Just got my 3rd car from this dealer

by from Dallas, TX |

I have bought three of my cars from AJ's and will continue to shop them first for all of my future needs. They have never sold me a lemon and I have never done a major repair to any of the three vehicles. Great deals, great service, great people.

March 7, 2014

Thank you very much. By all means, we always look forward to assist.

BUYER BEWARE!

by from Hurst, TX |

BEWARE!!! First car we bought here in 2009 was fine; so we bought another in 2011. The second car was at a premium... their "carfax" report indicated it had not had a reported wreck. We were told lies by this dealer, that the car had an alarm, that their "professional mechanic staff' had checked it out, and more. After we bought it, we took it to our mechanic; The car had been wrecked, and also needed over $2,300 in standard maintenance repairs, as well as two new front tires. The dealer owner yelled at me when I tried to speak to him about these issues. We'll NEVER go back, and will do our best to warn others.

March 8, 2014

This is merely a scam. If so what year/make and model is the car purchased ? and how much paid? If true and a car fax history report does not show an accident, How and what kind of an accident their mechanic did find ?! If true why did you not have your trusted mechanic check out the car as we encourage 3rd party inspections. If needed 2 front tires and this is an issue why did you buy AS IS in the 1st place. The $2300 standard repairs should be questioned, and for what ?!

exellent cars at reasonable prices

by from fort worth, texas |

let me say this about ajs nice cars, they have top notch cars at almost any price you want i bought a 1998 nissan pathfinder from them in 08 they had a good one in great shape had it for 2.5 years no major mechanical issues it got totalled last year and i was almost not willing to part with it but gas forced me to let them tow it to a junk yard ajs customer service, let me say this, you need to talk to them if intrested in a car they are middle eastern and i think this is the reason for this issue, cultural differances, but they were nice and friendly and had great cars i will buy from them again in the future

March 7, 2014

We very much appreciate your repeat business and look forward to help in your future auto needs.