OC Nissan Irvine

(2.7) 7 Reviews

32 Auto Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618

Thought I bought a new car

by from Mission viejo, ca |

Thought I Was Buying a New Car I have had the worst experience with Nissan and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on how to deal with it? I purchased what I thought was a new car but have come to realize that before I purchased the car it was damaged in ways I was unable to detect and also had multiple mechanical defects. My car has been in and out of the shop multiple times and has spent over 25 nights in total at the shop. One week was at a collision center since the dealership was unable to take care of the leaking roof which was caused before I received my supposedly new car. The last time my car was in the shop it was apparent that I did not get what I paid for and called Nissan. The person was helpful and processed the request to buy back the defective car but I just received word that the request was denied. I was shocked to say the least. The service department admitted they have never seen anything like this with a new car. The car was clearly tampered with before my purchasing it and I finally picked it back up and the door locks kept trying to engage every time I slowed down then sped up again. I went to take it in the next day again but of course it was not doing it today. I can't believe Nissan is satisfied letting someone think this is acceptable. I am now forced to work with the Better Business Bureau to try to get my money back for a car I won?t truly feel safe driving ever. Mostly I am shocked and dismayed that Nissan is requiring me show that legally they have to pay me back for the car instead of simply doing what they know is the right thing to do. I expected more from the company since I previously owned a Nissan for 13 years that luckily had almost no issues since neither the dealership nor corporate will buy back a car they know is not what any reasonable person would consider a reliable new car. If someone who can resolve this at Nissan is willing to contact me directly I have much more detailed information on each thing that has gone wrong with my car since the day I purchased it. In the meantime, since I don?t in good conscience feel I can let this go, will continue seeking a solution through the Better Business Bureau as well as through online forums which may have suggestions or tips on how to rectify this situation.

Go Somewhere else. This Place is Horrible

by from Lake Forest, CA |

Won't be coming back here again and I recommend to everyone to go somewhere else if you are servicing your car. This place is over priced and the customer service at a McDonalds could give this place a run for its money. Fist of all, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE for your wallets sake. These people are thieves. Here's how much Brake Fluid Exchange costs at this place $119.95 I went to V.Tech Automotive in Lake Forest and paid $45. Pep Boys also does it for $69.99 Cooling System Fluid Exchange at OC Nissan $129.95 PepBoys does it for $59.99 Power Steering Fluid Exchange at OC Nissan $119.95 PepBoys does it for $69.99 Now for the Customer Service. I honestly believe that Denise Lewis isn't even qualified to be the Service manager. She is very rude and has NO clue how to treat a customer. I went there for an oil change, tire rotation and their complimentary "car wash". They told me to wait about 60-90 minutes. 2 and a half hours later I ask my service provider "Angel" if my car is ready yet and he tells me that it's being washed. I go outside and I find my car sitting in their back parking lot. I stand by the wall where I can see my car for 20 minutes. This is after Angel told me that my car is currently being washed. After 20 minutes one of the technicians asks me what I was doing there. When I told them that I've been standing here for 20 minutes because my service provider told me that my car which was being washed would be ready in 5 minutes. The technician jumps in my car and takes it for the car wash. When its time to pay I ask the cashier to call their manager before I pay them. I tell her the story and she tells me that it is my fault for not making an appointment and that she apologizes on behalf of Angel for setting my expectations too high. She clearly stated that there was a miscommunication between the technicians and the car wash guys; what does this have to do with me not making an appointment? So If I go to a restaurant without a reservation, wait for an hour to be seated, then wait another hour and a half for my food to arrive, I shouldn't complain because it is my fault because I didnt make a reservation not their fault for taking an hour and a half to make my food. Go somewhere else. This place is way overpriced and

GREAT EXPERIENCE

by from Moreno Valley, Ca. |

From the moment I got there I was treated with respect, I purposely dressed down, didn't shave, worn shorts and a not so great t-shirt. They were attentive, polite, nobody pushed. This is not my first dealer purchase and not my first Nissan dealer either, but they are, by far, the BEST DEALERSHIP I've ever been to. Jeff is GREAT

Poor Customer Service, Lies and Deception

by from Lake Forest, CA |

Sam the GM quoted me a price over the phone and then confirmed it via e-mail. I waited a week, asked for a price on a different car, and couldn't get them, via e-mail, to confirm whether that was the pre-tax or post-tax/out the door cost. When they finally confirmed it was the pre-tax cost, I sent an e-mail saying i felt misled and told them what I'd buy the car for. Sam called me within minutes, and whenever I started talking, he interrupted. I asked if I could finish speaking, he said no and then proceeded to yell at me as I hung up on him. Fast forward to later when I see an Ad in the paper for the car I wanted, so I called the internet sales manager I had earlier worked with and told him I'd buy it as long as when I came down, nobody tried to play games with me. I get to the dealer and after looking at the car to make sure I want it, they required me to fill out a credit application. I explained to them that I have already secured a loan and that I did not need to fill out a credit application. They insisted that I only needed to fill it out so that they had my contact information. I said that I'd give them my name, address, phone #, and e-mail (which they already had) on a separate form that didn't say it was a credit application. I was told that they needed it on that form but that they wouldn't pull my credit. I fought back with them and they kept insisting that I needed to fill out their form. I said I'd do it if I can write "No credit pulls authorized" on the form. The sales manager who was "helping" me then told me that he didn't want to sell me a car and walked away. I assume he was trying to call my bluff, but I wasn't bluffing. There are plenty of other dealers who are more honest and don't play games that I can shop at.

OC Nissan Irvine responded to this review

March 5, 2013

Whenever any dealer gives quotes through email it never includes tax and fees unless it is stated that it includes tax and fees. We as a dealer uses term let "net" and it means after applicable rebates and incentives, if you took it as net with tax and fees it was a misunderstanding. As far as us needing your social security number when you were here, we need to run an OFAC on all customers that we sell any vehicle. It's our government responsibility to ward off terrorist and fraudulent activity. OFAC stands for "Office of Foreign Asset Control". Regarding our phone conversation when we got into an argument, I am sorry I was just sticking up for my salesperson who I felt made it clear in the email's that tax and fees weren't quoted. You came in to do business with us because we had a good price. I am still willing to honor that price if you haven?t purchased anything yet and have you do all the paperwork without taking delivery until you bring in all the funds. I am under the contention that we did nothing wrong other than have a misunderstanding of terms of the deal.

Simply Wonderful

by from Victorville, CA |

When I do inquiry, I expect some bitterness on the reply. Hey this is a car buying process. Every other dealership that I quoted on, simply gave me some 'number' and keep bugging me about coming to the dealership for a test drive. Though I kept saying I live pretty far. Marie Goodrow took the time to send me email back and forth, and it all started with a proper question and sense of humor. When I got the reply, I was stunned of how detail it was. We didn't agree on the numbers in the beginning, but I still give them a try (90 miles drive from home to this dealer). When I get there, I feel that I am getting a special treatment. Ron Moussavi show me the car that I was quoted on, worked on the numbers, still didn't come close to where I wanted it. What surprises me is that there is NO PRESSURE AT ALL. Friendliness is the key. I still kept in touch with Marie, the response quality doesn't drop. By this time it's probably 2-3 weeks already. Fortunately Nissan came up with the bonus cash early in the month, and that is where I wanted it to be. I immediately called Marie and tell her about this. Long story short, we made the deal the same day. Jeff Kyte, another salesperson, even hid the car just for me. If you want to experience an excellent car buying process, this is the place to be.

Nice Prices - Great Service

by from Costa Mesa |

I had been to other Nissan stores shopping for an Maxima but I can honestly say that OC Nissan had the best customer service. They were able to work out a good deal. I was expecting to spend the entire day to purchase the car but the buying process was quick.

OC Nissan Irvine responded to this review

October 10, 2012

Thank you very much, this means a lot to our employees. When our customers give us high praise, it makes us feel like our efforts are appreciated. Sam, Sam the Nissan Man Sam Klein General Manger

Had the worst experience of my life

by from Laguna, CA |

The dealership damaged parts brought-in and purchased from another Nissan dealership to save cost as the manager refused to match the price for the exact part. After deliberate damage to the parts, it was the other dealership that finally came to my aid and resolved a problem they didn't cause. OC Nissan again tried to sell me their own part as they made it clear how pissed they were that I went elsewhere to price shop. What happened here was inexcusable and deliberate. I gave several opportunities to the GM to resolve the issue and was told I was at fault. I'd like everyone to know. Stay away, there are far better places that are not after your wallet.