McCarthy Blue Springs Hyundai

Used 866-906-8934
Service 888-804-1218

Great Dealer!

by from Blue Springs, MO |

Our family has purchased 6 new Hyundai vehicles from McCarthy. They have always been great with trade offers as well as price! I would recommend them to anyone!

Used Purchase Experience

by from Shawnee, KS |

Came to this dealer to look at a Genesis that I had found on cars.com. I was initially greeted by a VERY inexperienced sales member who, aside from getting me the key to the car quickly and being very friendly was of little to no practical help. Later on the lot after the test drive I met with other members of the sales team that were very knowledgable and actual genesis owners (which is something I had struggled to find at other dealers, leading to a vacuum of first hand experience that was finally filled here) so I quickly jumped ship and started working with these members for my purchase. I live over a half hour from this dealership so I did as much of the process that I could over the phone and email which lead to my only issue with the whole sale. Every time there was a delay between our communication my return call would be from a different sales associate. He was extremely friendly and knowledgable and also ended up doing my final paperwork after a sale price was agreed upon, but I would have appreciated that all of my sales and trade in interactions were through one person because every single time I would just ask to have my primary sales associate call me back when he was available. Negotiations were simple and followed the standard back and forth with the "manager" procedure thats consistent with every dealership. Once a price and conditions of sale were reached I went and picked up the car. The car was spotless and the paperwork was effortless and I was quickly on my way in a new-to-me car. Most importantly, every single promise that was made to me by my sales associated was fulfilled without any issue. I simply mentioned the details to the staff and everything was taken care of while I finished the paperwork. The service department even reset the transmission's computer for me before I got there which was a last minute request I made over the phone. Aside from the slight hiccup with the phone negotiations (which I'm sure was a slight hassle for them as well), my experience was excellent and the car is phenomenal. The facilities are what I expect from a Hyundai dealership, though I would appreciate a more appointed customer lounge like many of the more modern dealerships I visited with during my used car search. I did buy this car to compete with the Japanese and German luxury rivals, so I somewhat expect the service experience to approach their levels. I am very pleased with my car and purchase experience, though I wish I could have dealt with my final sales associate Dave through the entire process. He was excellent through my paperwork and final sales process which can be especially heinous when you have a bad associate. As an aside, this was the first dealership to offer me range of drinks rather than just water when I arrived which was a nice touch.

Will never buy from them again

by from Grain Valley MO |

If you want to buy a Hyundai from a poorly managed, loud, crowded & uninformed dealership with no concern for their customers then buy from McCarthy. We were at the McCarthy Hyundai Blue Springs dealership and Rodney, a very nice informative salesman taked to us and understoof what we wanted. He went to get keys to show us a car. He came back with another salesman and told us we had to deal with another salesman because he was taking over for the person we previously bought a car from at McCarthy. We had no say in the matter. The new salesman, Chris must not have been listening because he did not know what was important to us. After a 45 minutes we were visited by the sales manager, Steve Willis,He was very short with us and extremely rude. We left to go look at a Mazda. After being at the Mazda dealership and experience good customer service and excellent product knowledge, we decided we still loved the Elantra. We called and left a message for Chris outlining in detail what we wanted. 4 hours later we had not heard from him. I called Tim Manning at Northtowne. He had our credit approved, a payment amount and a car in 30 minutes. Still no phone call from Chris. called Rodney. 5 minutes later Chris called. No more information than when we left 5 hours before. Tim found us a white Elantra in 30 minutes that according to the McCarthy was almost impossible to find. When we went to Northtowne's clean & well-run dealership to pick up the car we found that he had applied more recently offered incentives & our payment went down even more! The dealership had traded another for our car and we received tinted windows and the gold stripe detailing for free.This is our second Elantra. When we bought our first Elantra from George at McCarthy no mention was make that they do not come with a spare tire. I guess we were supposed to know that. Tim showed us everything on the car and insisted we test drive it before we left. Jeff, the finance "guy' was great and very professional. We were in & out of the dealership with the car in 45 minutes and received a very nice thank note from Tim. We will be buying a third Elantra in the spring & will drive the extra 25 miles because of Northtowne and their no hassle way of doing business, polite & professional employees and excellent customer service is worth it. McCarthy- we'll not even let them service our cars.

sonata buying was positive

by from lees summit mo. |

LOve that Sonata great gas mileage and was a good experience. They gave me more than a was asking for $300 more features that a wanted and no extra charge.

Too long to do paper work

by from kansas city |

Doing a "spot delivery" when I came in 3 days earlier to do a credit app and putting 45% down in cash is unacceptable. It took 11 days to get my final paperwork. When I called the sales rep George Williams on 12.10.11 about my paper work he had thought it had been sent, even though I told him to contact me or my wife when the paper work was ready and we would return to the dealer to pick it up. Called again on 12.12.11 spoke to George, he said that the paperwork would be sent out on 12.13.11. Asked if the paperwork was ready, he said yes. Had my wife go get paperwork from the dealer. George was not at the dealer when my wife arrived. Another sales rep was kind enough to help my wife with the paperwork. Because of the hassle with the paperwork, its not likely that I will make my next purchase from this dealership.