LMD Auto Inc

3800 11 Mile Rd, Berkley, MI 48072

1 of 1 review

Liars, cheats, SCAM ARTISTS

by from Portland, Oregon |

I purchased a used car from this company a month ago. I was told multiple times before purchasing that it had been all tuned and cleaned up and that everything was in great condition. Exact words -- "It's a used car, so it won't be perfect forever, but there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever." The day after I got it, I got in and the engine wouldn't turn over. After jumping it for ten minutes in the rain, it wouldn't even go halfway around the block without the headlights and interior lights flickering and going dead. I took it to MY mechanic and discovered that it needed an alternator and that a new battery had been put in, obviously to mask the fact that the alternator was jacked up, and had been charged just enough to get it home. I was angry but paid for the alternator and went about my business. The next day, the check engine light came on. That same day, the transmission started acting up. And just last week, a burning sulphur smell started coming out of my heater. It is the middle of winter in Portland Oregon; that is definetely not a problem I want to deal with right now. I took it to my mechanic again and the transmission is almost completely shot, the catalytic converter needs to be replaced, and I have already replaced the alternator. I have since spoken to the owner and employees of LMD and they always get me off the phone as soon as possible when I voice my complaints. "We will give you a call back" is the standard answer, and guess what... I have never gotten a call back, not in the entire month that I have had my car. I call them continuously and today I told them all that was wrong with my car and it turned into a ten minute heated argument with no apologies or offers to repair. They also didn't give me a quote for what it would cost to replace my dead transmission!!! Stay far far away!!! They are liars and they don't give a damn about you after you have bought the junk they are trying to sell!!! They seem very convincing and genuine but are SCAM ARTISTS.

(1-1 of 1 review)