Johnstons Subaru

243 Dolson Ave, Middletown, NY 10940

New 877-352-5708
Used 877-340-1595
Service 877-354-2972

Welcome to Johnstons Subaru. Where you will have a "Truly Exceptional Experience"

My experience and 2 other friends at Johnson

by from Grahamsville NY |

My experience and 2 other friends went to Johnson Subaru to purchase new Subaru's and sales person was nice BUT, their price was over 1000.00 more than i and my 2 friends paid for same car same options at another dealer 40 miles away. I do not know how Johnson stays in business? Lower your prices to be completive or you will loose more sales. Mike Kaplan

Excellent buying experience

by from Sussex, NJ |

I would like to thank the entire staff at Johnstons Subaru for an excellent buying experience, I am especially grateful to my salesperson, Roger. Thank you for your professionalism, your knowledge of the car and for being especially concerned and helpful. Your easy going manner made my stressful life stress free. Karen in finance made the financing easy to understand and a smooth process. Dave and Chris, managers, were easy to talk to and again very helpful. Maureen, in service, goes above and beyond the call of duty, above and beyond to help...thank you.

Friendly and informative

by from Walden, NY |

Excellent customer service by Mike, Chris and John.

Oil drain plug not tighten

by from Hurleyville, ny |

Went to Johnston Subaru for an oil change. Whoever did the work forgot to tighten the drain plug and about a quart leaked out. Luckily I discovered the loose plug before it all leaked out and destroyed the engine. Live and learn.

great friendly service no pressure to buy

by from Middletown N.Y |

Alfonso was a perfect in answer all my questions and never felt pressured to buy.

Great Experience!

by from Middletown, NY |

I had been to other Subaru dealerships and always left feeling anxious due to their pushy environments but Johnstons Subaru is nothing like that. Since this was my first new car, I had a lot of questions and concerns. They worked with me and answered all of my questions throughout the car buying process. The staff is really friendly and concerned with your experience. I read the reviews below and feel a little baffled because my experience was nothing short of exceptional. My salesman was Adam Bobish and he wasn't pushy at all and made me feel both comfortable and confident in choosing to do business with Johnstons Subaru. He was extremely competent and knew the ins and outs of the vehicle I wanted to buy. The sales manager, Christopher Lee, helped me finish my paperwork the day I picked up my car and he did a great job explaining everything to me. Additionally, the service department is absolutely terrific. The splash guards I ordered with my car were on back order when my car arrived and I had to come back to get them installed. I was treated very well from the service department. The man that installed the splash guards even took the time to show me them when he finished. Overall, I am very happy that I chose Johnstons Subaru over the other local Subaru dealerships.

New Subary Owner

by from Liberty, NY |

Tried to buy a car from these folks. The sales staff was confused. We were passed back and forth between several associates, none of whom could answer questions about the various features on different models. There were no straight answers about price or financing, so we left after having wasted the better part of an afternoon. Ended up driving two counties down to make our purchase. Johnston's was a terrible dealership for Toyota in Sullivan County when they ripped off my friend and it is sad to see that they have encroached into the territory of my favorite brand. Incidentally, we just made our first appointment for Subaru service, and are planning an extra hour on the road each way to avoid them. Subaru has made a serious mistake handing over this territory to these dishonorable incompetents.

Johnstons Subaru responded to this review

August 19, 2014

At Johnstons we sell over 500 vehicles a month with a 98% satisfactory rating. So, this must be an isolated incident and not normal from our stores. We are working hard on all parts of our business and sales are up almost 200% in the Subaru store that we acquired. Subaru is a great brand and we hope you enjoy your new car.

Worst service I've ever had at a car dealership,

by from Middletown new york |

From the first moment stepping into the dealer I was lied to by an incompetent salesman, treated with disrespect by the manager and begged for a good review by the second salesman. The customer service was so bad I was told by the manager he doesn't need us, their are plenty of other people who will buy. If this is how a brand new dealership acts, I hope they don't last long. My wife and I miss Feders

Johnstons Subaru responded to this review

August 19, 2014

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We have been hearing just the opposite and many are happy we are the new owners. We hope to earn your business someday. We are changing things to the better every day.