Johnstons Subaru

243 Dolson Ave, Middletown, NY 10940

New 877-352-5708 New 877-352-5708
Used 877-340-1595 Used 877-340-1595
Service 877-354-2972 Service 877-354-2972

Welcome to Johnstons Subaru. Where you will have a "Truly Exceptional Experience"

Dealer Review Johnston Subaru Middletown NY

by from White Lake NY 12786 |

Very pleased with the knowledge and integrity working with a Roger Homer while buying our Subaru .Friendly and Courteous. A.J Rumsey was efficient and knowledgeable in helping with the final paper work. Stacey Moyer

October 3, 2015

Stacy, Thank you so much for you kind words. Having a knowledgeable, friendly and efficient staff makes this family owned business special. We are pleased with your experience here and look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Motoring!

Service...not here!

by from Middletown, NY |

Bought a new 2014 Outback in July of 2014. I have only had my car serviced through Jonstons where I bought the car. I noticed the battery was or had leaked battery acid & I was having issues with the car starting. Sometimes turning the key 4 times....not normal for a new car. I had to bring the battery leakage to their attention and then asked that they replace the battery. They at first told me it was not possible as the battery was working properly. While "discussing" the matter, the service manager proceeded to say that it looks like they "washed" cleaned up the car for me....Ah, No, I don't think so I said...I just had it washed the day before!!! Some nerve! They did "good customer" my battery after they asked where I had been having my car serviced...really, I said...well I have only had it serviced here so shouldn't you have been checking the battery on your service checklist when my car was being serviced? So moving on...my lumbar broke in the driver's seat. I brought it back for the repair....ah what do I find after leaving but that they broke the back of my drivers seat(the plastic cover)and it still had greasy handprints on it! The service manager would not return our calls, I finally got Mo they only nice service lady, she ordered the part. I called for an "appointment" and here I sit on a Saturday morning. I checked in my car and the guy says..it might be awhile we have a lot of people here this morning. Ah, you told me I had to make an appointment for the repair. I love my Subaru drives but after this repair...I am done with Johnstons Subaru for service! This place can't run off of Mo being the only one who cares about the customers.

Painless, no pressure, friendly

by from Monticello ,ny |

Went there knowing which model I wanted. Done plenty of research. Just had to test drive it to be sure I liked it. As well as make sure financially I could afford it. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly, helpful and personable. Receptionist, sales,financial people all very professional and friendly. I had ordered extras such as hitch, and roof rack. Roof rack is on order, but hitch was installed before i took the car. I have no concerns on roof rack being installed in a timely manner. Although I didn't have to be "sold" a car since I knew what I wanted. My salesman was very helpful and informative on details. So my experience was great here.

Ordered options not installed .

by from Highland mills New York |

Ordered an option to be installed. When I went to pick up the car it was not installed, Next day and after looking my original order I had to return to Johnston Subaru to have it installed. an employee told me it would take a couple of hours to get it done. After almost 45 minutes waiting I went to the lady in the service dept.to inquire how long would it take. she had not been informed, then she took my keys and told me she would take care. I arrived at the dealer at 11.20and, I am writing this at 12.30 and the car is not in the shop.

Pleasant, Knowledgable and Professional

by from Warwick, NY |

We recently leased a new Subaru Imprezza. Our salesperson Stephan was friendly without being over bearing. He listened to our situation and got us a lease within our budget. He did not try to oversell us and his follow up and punctuality was excellent. I also thought the girl in finance Karen was also deserving of five stars. She was also professional and friendly and was very reassuring in respect to any problems that may come up.

Excellent service

by from Bronx NY |

After I contacted this dealership they got back to me later that day. Gave me many options for the car I was looking at, very respectable. I didn't feel like I was pressured to buy something. Professional responses were very helpful.

Integrity Gone

by from Middletown/New York |

It's been over a year since I bought my Subaru in Middletown. I went in to get one model and thought I was talked into another. From what friends/family say I was talked into a specific car. I was na´ve/stupid/honest with the salesperson. I had numerous medical/personal/employment problems in my life and explained the situation to the salesman. I guess I was stupid. I looked for an honest person. A year before buying my car, I had gone to Subaru (under another owner) and was given honest/fair treatment. Unfortunately, things happened to prevent my buying at the time. When I went back the salesmen I spoke to were not there. First clue. When I went to pick up my car it died. I was stupid and should have walked out but came back for the car. Also, once the papers were signed salesman and supposed manager were very disrespectful. I was also overcharged at least twice and had to have changes made. I was never sent a customer review. If one was entered, it was not mine. I might buy another Subaru, but not from Johnston. Funny thing happened first time I went for gas. I couldn't find how to open tank. A woman with a Subaru helped me. She liked her Subaru and said she heard unfavorable things about Johnston since it took over. I am stupid and trusting and would love to find an honest person in this world - evidently not at Johnston.

November 25, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us, we are so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience here at Johnstons Subaru. That is not the type of service we strive to provide. Please reach out to me directly at michelle_dilullo@johnstonssubaru.com or call me at the dealership @845-344-3100 ext. 243 and we will attempt to rectify the situation. Again, I personally would like to apologize for the way you were treated. Thank you, Michelle DiLullo

Best Buying Experience at Johnstons Subaru!

by from Montgomery, NY |

I recently purchased my first Subaru Forester after being a Honda owner for many years. The new style of the 2016 Forester is what caught my eye and brought me in as my CRV lease was coming to an end. I was very impressed with the Forester, the ride and handling, the options available and the down to earth sales people at Johnstons. I especially want to thank our salesman, Ray, he wasn't pushy and helped us find what we were looking for. And Alfredo for stepping in to help us when Ray was with another customer on our return visit. And I don't want to forget AJ for finding me the best finance deal for my purchase. Overall this was the best car buying experience I can ever remember and I have dealt with many different car dealerships. I've only had my Forester for a week and love it! I'm actually looking forward to the first snow fall! LOL. Thanks again Johnston Subaru for making this an easy transaction and I'm happy to be part of the Subaru family!

September 11, 2015

Denise, We are so happy to hear that your experience here was a great one. It was very kind of you to take the time to write a review, we do appreciate it. Enjoy your new Subaru Forester and we look forward to seeing you when you come in for your first oil change. Welcome to the Johnstons Subaru Family & Happy Motoring!!

AWESOME Team!!!!

by from Waymart, PA |

I must say that I was quite shocked at the reviews posted here. Although, I am a strong believer that people post their reviews quicker when they are not happy with a service, but this review is not the case, for it is a positive one. I had one of the BEST buying experiences at Johnston?s Subaru. I even drove well over an hour to get there, knowing that they were the only pre-owned certified Subaru dealership in my area that actually had more than one vehicle I wanted to look at; all other dealerships had nothing for me. Brianna McLeod, in Business development, contacted me about my inquiry on a specific vehicle and she was about to get the ball rolling, so to speak. She was very professional and answered my questions perfect when I called her. She set me up with an appointment and I was on my way that weekend. My sales man, Adam Bobish was amazing! He was down to earth and acted like a human and not just a salesman trying to get me to buy. On those words, he was also incredible at his job and he knew the vehicle front to back and was able to show me everything inside and out before I even came to a conclusion: WITHOUT any pressure to sell me. I was really nervous since I was buying a new vehicle after so many years, but after a while, he really made me feel calm and relaxed. Karen Desmond, in finance, was very warm and welcoming and I felt very comfortable seeing my final numbers and she explained everything in detail. It was such a smooth transaction I was in complete shock of how fast it really went. They gave me a great trade-in value on my Jeep and the monthly payment was perfect. I also was hoping to be able to take my vehicle off the lot that day, being I was trading my Jeep in and I lived over an hour away. Dave Sobel, the Sales Manager, made this happen within seconds and I couldn?t have been more appreciative not to have to drive back up to get my vehicle, being I have small children. I even got to meet the Owner/President of Johnston?s Subaru, Steve Jardine and was able to thank him for everything that day and he was such a good-natured person, that I can see why his staff are so pleasant to deal with. It was just the best experience ever and this is my 4th vehicle purchase in my life, and none compare. I drove home a happy camper and almost a week later, I knew I made the best decision for not only me, but the safety of my family.

September 11, 2015

Dee, We wanted to thank you for the wonderful Review. Our whole team here at Johnstons Subaru enjoyed reading about your experience with us. We wish you all the best with you new Subaru. Welcome to the Johnstons Subaru Family!

My experience and 2 other friends at Johnson

by from Grahamsville NY |

My experience and 2 other friends went to Johnson Subaru to purchase new Subaru's and sales person was nice BUT, their price was over 1000.00 more than i and my 2 friends paid for same car same options at another dealer 40 miles away. I do not know how Johnson stays in business? Lower your prices to be completive or you will loose more sales. Mike Kaplan

July 10, 2015

Here at Johnstons Subaru we price our vehicles very aggressively to our current local market. The Johnstons franchise has been in business for over 50 years, and we take pride in our customer service and our customers loyalty to us Unfortunately, the vehicle you happen to be interested in was not available, and would require ordering. That would take approximately 3 months to arrive and is subject to pricing at the time it arrives at the dealership. We are glad that you found to vehicle you were searching for, and hope that in the future we will be able to earn your business