Community Honda

8340 W. 159th Street, Orland Park, IL 60462

New 888-554-6154
Used 888-556-0330
Service 866-859-4450

Purchased used, great experience, hassle-free

by from Lockport, IL |

Was searching for used mid-sized SUV for some time. Zero'd in on the Hyundai Santa Fe. Community had a 2008 Limited AWD that was super clean. Took it for a couple test drives and worked with salesman Sonny Mondia. Sonny was great and the price was right. It was a high mileage car and had a couple minor issues that concerned me before I made the purchase. Manager Tony Chippas was great and worked with me to make sure the issues were taken care of and that I was happy with my purchase. We will soon be in the market for a new car for my wife and we plan on shopping at Community!

Service of Honda Accord

by from Frankfort, Illinois |

Randy Pribyl, Honda service representative courteously and professionally facilitated my request to have my brake lines checked. In addition, he gave good advice regarding his experience with the issue.

1st time Honda buyer

by from Tinley Park, IL |

Just took my new Honda Accord home - the first new car in 12 years. I dreaded the thought of buying a new car because I found it a very stressful experience. That said, my experience at Community Honda in Orland Park was not in the least stressful. I was met by Barbara Lloyd who was friendly and wanted to make my experience pleasant. She introduced me to Wayne Thompson who led me through the purchasing experience. Wayne was friendly, informative and explained the features and benefits of the style of Accord I was interested in. Wayne led me through a top to bottom explanation - twice! The test drive with Wayne was comfortable and relaxed. We completed the purchase the same day - I was that impressed with the Accord and Wayne. when I went back to pick up my Accord, Wayne went through the features again and helped set up the initial computer systems to operate the car including connecting my phone to the wireless system. My experience was great and I would recommend Wayne Thompson at Community Honda to anyone interest in a Honda.

Check ALL Details on Used Cars at this Dealership

by from Out of State Buyer |

I bought a 2013 Honda Pilot with 3K miles on it from Community Honda. They told me all about their quality inspection and how the vehicle was in great shape. I was a bit more trusting than I should have been and did a quick 30mph test drive before buying it. By the time I left it was dark outside on a Thursday. When I got 2 miles down the road the windshield wiper light went on so I had to stop and buy fluid to fill it up. When I got on the highway the vehicle pulled to the left so the next week I had to have the local dealer do a front end alignment (the local dealer confirmed it was misaligned). I live 170 miles away from Community Honda and I parked the Pilot in my garage when I got home that night. The Pilot stayed in the garage all day on Friday and I went to check the fluids/tire pressure/etc. on Saturday morning before I took the family on a trip to IL. I found one tire was missing the valve stem cap (no big deal) and the rear tire had a huge gash in the sidewall. I called Community Honda to let them know that the gash had to be there when I bought it and their initial response was that it had been 48 hours so they couldn't help (at that point it was maybe 36 hours). The second response from a manager was that I must have hit a pothole on the way home. I did not hit anything on the way home. They finally offered to give me a discount on a new tire, but they insisted that I had to drive 170 miles back to their dealership. They knew I wasn't going to make a trip down there when tolls, gas, etc. would have cost me more than the tire. Although I like the Pilot, I'll never buy another vehicle from them again....nor will I recommend any of my IL friends and family.

Female buying used car

by from Tinley park |

I had a great experience buying a used 2004 Honda at Community Honda of Orland Park. Both the sales people Anthony and Mark very helpful. I just gave them the information of what I needed. I wanted an economical but reliable car for my son who is in college. I believe I couldn't have gotten a better deal on a car anywhere. These were just really kind and down to earth people-kind of hard to believe from an auto dealer. As a woman, I didn't feel like I was being patronized or talked down to through the whole experience. Some of the dealers that I met on 159th street (the street is packed with them) didn't seem interested in helping us buy what we needed right now which was a more economical car. It will pay off for community honda later when I decide to buy a new car for myself. The other dealers on the street could really learn a lesson from these salespeople.

Sales Manager, Tony Chippas & Sales, Dave Osborn

by from Lockport, IL 60441 |

I just can't say enough about my experience at Community Honda! I made a phone call with questions the night before and talked to Tony Chippas, Sales Manager. He answered all of my initial questions and made me feel very comfortable in coming in by myself the next day. I was greated at the door by Dave Osborn one of the sales consultants and felt as if he was an old friend. I was able to not only get the financing I needed, but was also able to purchase a brand new 2013 CRV! I now look forward to the next several years of driving a wonderful, safe, dependable vehicle. I will absolutely be recommending this dealership and their team to anyone who will listen. Thank you again Tony, I truly don't believe I would have been able to complete the deal if it weren't for your help. I will continue to come back to Community Honda & your team. Thank You! djohnsten

Not trustworthy

by from Tinley Park, IL |

I got a phone call from Community Honda of Orland Park today. I guess there is a recall on my Honda Odyssey and they want me to bring it in to be fixed for free. Well, I won't be bringing it in, and here's why: Several years ago I purchased a CERTIFIED USED Odyssey from this location. After a year my husband changed the pollen filter when the maintenance light came on. Since he was under the dash he decided to look at the wiring of the radio because the aftermarket radio (which was installed prior to our purchase) was not working right. Long story short, he discovered we had NO PASSENGER AIRBAG. He called the dealership immediately, and we brought it in the next day. Every time we called in to check on what was going on, we were given the run-around. Finally a day later, a man in the service department called me and told me that it would be approx. $1500 to fix. I then told him I wasn't paying $1500 because they sold the vehicle to me without an airbag. Then a "manager" got on the phone and in a round about way accused my husband of "removing the airbag and selling it on the 'blackmarket'". REALLY?!?! My husband is in no way certified or capable of removing an airbag. There are special technicians for that... There was never an apology, and they stood by their accusations that we had removed it and sold it for money. I was pregnant and 2 days from my due date with our 3rd child, and we needed our van back, so in complete desperation we had them replace it, and were forced to pay for it. But, they gave us a little discount (rolling my eyes), and only had to pay $900. That is all despite the fact that I was pregnant and riding around in the passenger seat all this time!!! I contacted a lawyer and was told that the amount it cost to fix was significantly less than what it would cost to take these bozo's to court. Oh, and the wiring in our van is so messed up, that all our lights on the dash come on, and when we take it in the mechanic cannot figure out what's wrong. His opinion, our van was in an accident where it got pretty messed up, and someone repaired it themselves. Community Honda sold me a Certified Used lemon. In turn causing a constant headache for me and my family of now 6. I can't wait to get rid of our van, but I can promise we won't be getting another from this awful, dishonest, unreliable dealership.

Dennis Hirschboeck

by from Joliet, Illinois |

This was a great experience for my wife and myself. I'd go back and purchase another vehicle from Wayne. Our Pilot is fantastic and look forward to getting a Ridgeline soon. No pressure selling is a great thing. Thank you Wayne and Terry!

Just purchased our 3rd car from Community Honda

by from Orland Park, IL |

This past weekend we purchased our 3rd car from Community Honda in Orland Park. We had dropped off our car for an oil change, saw a newer model that we loved. We are pleased with the service that we receive. Everyone is courteous and helpful. We had an excellent salesman,Wayne Thompson, who was very good about showing us the features on our new car. Nothing but praise from us. Thank you.

Jim is Great !!

by from chicago, il |

Jim made my first time buying experience very enjoyable. I highly recommend him as a car sales specialist. I am very excited about my Chevy Malibu purchase !! Thank You Jim !!

Great place to buy a used car!!

by from Chicago |

I bought a used car from community Honda and had a great experience. My salesman was Wayne Thompson. He was very nice and helpful with finding me a car. My old car died on me and I was in no way ready to go car shopping right then! So when I got there Wayne Thompson showed me a few cars that fit my budget. I went with a civic and love it.!