Gunther Volkswagen

1660 S. State Road 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317

New 855-244-5925
Used 866-549-6295
Service 888-599-7691

AMERICA'S #1 VOLUME VOLKSWAGEN DEALER and see why "YOU GOTTA GET TO GUNTHER"

Great customer service!

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I went there to buy a used Pathfinder I found advertised on the internet. (Yes, at a VW dealer)From the time that I called throughout the whole buying experience they were very friendly and helpful. No pushy sales people or sales tactics, so we were very comfortable with our purchase. I was dreading going in to a dealership to buy a used vehicle, but this experience was very positive, and I am very happy with my purchase.

Fantastic. Positive, easy buying experience....

by from Weston,FL |

Easy buying experience. No haggling over pricing, no finance people playing games.. The first car I looked at they wouldn't sell me as they found unseen damage. Found another acceptable vehicle and discounted price. The salesman Julien followed up with my calls, allowed me to test drive 3 vehicles and was really helpful. This is how buying a vehicle should be..

Why people hate car salesmen

by from Davie, FL |

I leased a car through this dealership in 2011. Per the recommendaiton of the finance person I worked with, I purchased Excess Wear & Tear coverage that should have covered things like tires, dents, scratches,etc. when it came time to turn in my lease. Over the last year I received an exorbitant amount of calls from different (RUDE) salespeople and marketing companies from Gunther asking me to turn my car in early and get a new one. I asked several times for them to remove me from this list and stop calling me. They didnt stop. I was so fed up, that I ended up turning the car in a few months early to Rick Case VW in Weston. A few weeks later I receive my excess wear and tear bill and submitted the claim to the company that handled that additional coverage. A week later I get a notice in the mail that they are denying paying for the wear and tear because I turned my lease in 98 days earlier than it was up and there is some fine print that says they dont have to pay if it is over 90. The finance guy who sold me this coverage never mentioned anything like this and I CERTAINLY would have waited an extra week to turn my car in had I been properly informed. I called and complained and had to go back into this place to "cancel for a pro-rated refund". Well after the $50 fee that is charged for cancelling, I am not getting anything back and am now stuck with this $600 bill. The finance person's (who was the same one who sold this to me) response was that he was "sorry this happened" and said if i would have brought the car back to them, this wouldn't have happened. Even after explaining about the harrassing sales calls and the rudeness of the salespeople making me not want to do further business with them, he said there was nothing he could do. I will NEVER purchase another vehicle here and advise anyone else who is considering it to be wary of the shadiness of this business. They are a perfect example of what gives car salesmen a bad rep.

Happy CC driver

by from Plantation, Fl |

I leased my CC R-Line from Gunther VW. Gunther VW was fast and gave me a great lease deal while giving me a great offer on my trade. The best part is my VW came with free maintenance for the 1st few years making service for my car a breeze.

BEWARE of the Service Dept!

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL |

The service dept should be called the "SCAM DEPT!" So there I was, waiting in the service lobby for my car when one of the workers came in and said he needed to show me something. He and I and another mechanic (2 mechanics) were standing by the car when the guy shows me the oil cap. It was in two pieces, a top and a bottom piece. He said it was broken and wouldn't SCREW back together, and needed to be replaced. It only took me two seconds of looking at the pieces to see that they don't SCREW together, they SNAP together. He got frustrated and acted like he couldn't snap them together and repeatedly said it was broken. Meanwhile the other mechanic said nothing. Finally he snapped them together. Seemed way to simple for him not to know that. Without saying another word, he went back to working. After a few moments of awkward silence I asked, "Is that it?" and he grunted yeah. 1) The oil cap is the #1 part on a car that service guys deal with every day because of the oil changes they do, but this was the FIRST time either of the TWO mechanics had EVER seen the cap come apart?? 2) Were they trying to scam me into buying a $32 oil cap? 3) How many "broken" oil caps do they sell every day? Beware of the "service" department! Oh, and the Service Manager only apologized and made excuses for them.

Bait and Switch- HORRIBLE

by from Palm beach county |

This dealership has a loss leader advertised. The car I was looking at had been on the lot for 4 months. I drove 45 minutes there and was told that the car was sold 3 hours ago, despite the fact that it was still on the lot, and also despite the fact that the car was relisted again today. I was told "don't worry, I'll sell you another car. This is fraud, it is illegal, and I will be calling the Fort Lauderdale Police Department. HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING AWAY FROM THIS HOLE.

Shoshana

by from Davie, FL |

We were shopping for a used car for my son and found one on Cars.com at Gunther VW. There we found Shoshana who walked us through the entire process. There were a few items that needed to be fixed and she followed up on each of them with me until we were completely satisfied.