Dayton Andrews Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM - St Petersburg

Service 888-481-6481

Your Family Owned Hometown Dealer

Used 4X4 Crew Cab Shopping

by from St. Petersburg |

Having previewed available trucks on-line I was pleased to see more than two in my price range, including a Ram & Tundra. 'Made my appointment before stepping on the lot to avoid sales pitches. The internet Mgr. was occupied but he assigned a salesman who was quite personable, provided two test drives and didn't apply pressure. When I left I had the chore of deciding between the two I drove and another at a different dealer. After a weekend of weighing differences a deal happened in fairly short order when I was ready. 'Was pleased with the sales guys Bill P. & Mike T.

The sales team are cordial and not pushy

by from Sarasota, Fl |

I am looking for a used car, and these guys came up as a potential seller. The staff were/are very cordial and not pushy at all. They were very accommodating in fact. However, as with all dealers, their prices are just too high. So the higher base cost PLUS their dealer fee, makes buying from them not fiscally prudent. Maybe buying a new car from them would be better fiscally.

Worst. Service. Department. Ever.

by from Saint Petersburg |

Short Version: I brought my Dodge Nitro in for A/C repairs 3 months ago... I just had to go back for the 3rd compressor in 3 months! Long Version: Customer "service" here is the worst. I brought my car in for some A/C work, they replaced the compressor and days later had to replace it again because it was faulty. Days after that it stopped working AGAIN. Now they had to replace my evaporator. While they had my car for a week they felt it was ok to toss my brand new in dash DVD player around the shop floor and scratched it all up. Since it was literally a week old, I still had the receipt, did they cut me a check to fix their mistake? No. They had me buy myself a replacement out of pocket, give them the receipt for that one and wait 2 weeks for a check. While they had my car for a week I had to get a rental, which my warranty covers so that should be simple and painless... was it? No. They sent the PO to the wrong branch so I was charged for the rental even though my warranty had already paid Dayton Andrews. I then had to wait 2 weeks for a refund from the car renter. Because of mistakes made by the "service" department I was out hundreds of dollars for weeks on top of the cost of the repairs. Now, that should have been enough to keep me away but unfortunately, the A/C went out AGAIN less than 2 months later. I had to bring it back to them because it should still be under warranty. It was the compressor again. 3rd one in 3 months. So, they had to order one, said it would be 3 days. A week later I got a return phone call (from the MANY voice mails I left) and they still didn't have the compressor! In fact, the voice mail said the tech working on my car wouldn't be available Saturday so I should wait till next Saturday... that would be close to 3 weeks with no AC in FL in August. I'm out! Done. Cancel that order! Do not call me! I'd rather go somewhere else and pay for a new compressor than deal with these people. They are the worst. THE WORST!!!!!!!!!! Stay away!!!

2012 Jeep Patriot

by from St. Petersburg, FL |

The purchase of my 2012 Jeep Patriot couldn't have gone any smoother. The staff at Dayton Andrews were very professional and I'm glad I didn't take my business anywhere else. Thanks guys!

EXCELLENT Service

by from Big Pine Key, FL |

In March 2013, I bought a 2004 F150 Ford truck from this Dodge dealer "as is". I found the truck on the internet and drove almost 7 hours to buy it. On the way home, the truck developed a problem which I thought was a transmission issue. I emailed them after arriving home on a Saturday night and on Monday I got a call from the used car salesman instructing me to bring it back. I drove all night to get there by 7:30am and they went to work. Their service folks diagnosed the trouble as simply needing a tuneup, including new plugs. On this model of Ford, the plug change is a 5 hour labor job and is quite tedious. They decided to have the Ford dealer next door do the tuneup. So now the outline of miracles, a) I bought an "as is" truck and they fixed it b) they gave me a loaner car to drive during the day c) at their expense, they let the Ford tech's do this work and d) all day long they kept me informed of where we were. Since I was from 7 hours away, the got it all done in one day (actually done by 4:30pm) and I was on my way back to the Keys. Very good folks with which to deal!

Great Experience

by from Saint Petersburg, FL |

Very good experience and would do it again. Everyone was professional and process was excellent.

They do business the right way!!!

by from New Port Richey, FL |

About as good and smooth a transaction as you could possibly hope for-excellent customer service, no pressure sales, willing to negotiate, Dayton-Andrews really has their act together... I've already recommended them to my friends, and the credit union I bank with. Willing to do business with them again-I think that says it all...