Gettel Toyota/www.getteltoyota.com

Service 866-617-1564

Gettel's Got It!

low class conartist

by from Bradenton, FL |

We asked about an all wheel drive Highlander on line. We received a pleasant call back and a quote. We made the 30 minute trip to find what seemed to be very sleazy sales persons. Our belief was confirmed when we were told that they had no all wheel drive cars. Plus the quote was for a 2 wheel drive car even though we were specific in 3 emails and a phone conversation Would you like to look st another car ? Run from this place

Never Buying Another Car Here

by from Sarasota, FL |

Very aggressive, rushing sales culture with the typical "talk to the manager" ploys and shifting terms of discussion. We started with a car we sort of liked, but I felt as though we could not look at more cars there to make sure we were happy with our choice. At least in the pre-owned section, they are definitely not interested in helping you find the best vehicle for you. In the end I think we would have preferred a different car, and I regret ever walking in the door. We won't be buying another car from Gettel. That said, our experience with the service dept. has been quite positive.

Be careful of Finance manager Antoine Thomas

by from Gainesville, FL |

Be very careful of buying with Gatorland Toyota. They used my name and checking account information to sign me up with a third party company called SmartPay and illegally signed my name to a contract that not only debits my account but also agreed I would pay a $399 fee to join this company. Upon calling them out they immediately back pedaled and got the contract cancelled but have yet to refund the money taken from my account as promised.

too expensive, not interested in selling reasonabl

by from Sarasota, fl |

Was called and went. Too expensive for used cars. Ridiculous.

My previous Opinion has been changed.

by from Orlando FL |

I previously wrote about my used car buying experience with Gettel Toyota expressing my discontent. Well, I am writing to let EVERYONE out there in Car land know they "HAVE" done something about it. They have contacted me, and apologized for the things I was upset about. Moreover, they have given me there word that these items will be addressed and taken care of immediately. Now that's "professional COURTESY" folks. Therefore, I am retracting my previous review and saying I am now very pleased with my purchase and the customer service I was provided. Moreover, I will recommend this dealership and its associates in the future. To go one step further, my parents just purchased from this dealer as well, so I do highly recommend them and will let everyone know, that this dealership get the job done the right way! I am very pleased to have them call me and make sure things are attended to and taken care of. In this day and age, its tough to find anyone who can "STAND TALL" behind the product and they are doing just that. Thank-you, for contacting me and for addressing my issues with professionalism. Sincerely, a happy customer now.... Joseph B.

New car pushed

by from Bradenton, FL |

I went into the dealership looking for a pre-owned vehicle. The salesman shifted into new car mode and made it uneasy to get back to the used car mode.

Buyer Beware

by from Bradenton, FL |

Get ready for the usual dealer run around. Let me get my sales manager to muscle the sale. The sales manager knew very little details about the car I wanted to purchase, but was sure my trade was only worth 6k. Looking on their website today, my terd of a trade is going for more than 10.5k. Get ready to be worked by true pros. Do your homework! Learn not only what your car is worth on trade in, but what they will turn around and sell it for. Most important I love my newish car, but not because THEY sold it to me, but because it's an awesome car. It's a dirty world out there so don't get taken to the cleaners.

Gettel Toyota/www.getteltoyota.com responded to this review

March 16, 2012

Hello, my name is Jeramie Snelling, General Manager of Gettel Toyota. I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback; although, difficult for me to hear. At Gettel Toyota, we strive to make the car-buying experience as stress-free as possible. We want each and every one of our customers to leave our dealership confident that they received the most fair deal. It is unfortunate that your experience did not live up to your standards, or ours. Please reach out to me directly at 941-756-5511, so we can discuss this matter in detail and hopefully make amends. We thank you for your business and I hope I have the opportunity to earn it again in the future. Best, Jeramie Snelling

Excellence in Service, Personnel, and Facilities

by from Sarasota |

I bought a Corolla last March and the process was handled in a respectful and courteous fashion. The total opposite of another local dealer. There was no pressure and my salesperson, Javiar, was extremely helpful and low keyed. I went in for my first "free" service and everyone was polite, efficient, and friendly. They had an extremely nice waiting room. Just yesterday, after being parked in a lot, I noticed someone has scraped the side of my new car with black paint. I took it back to Gettel Toyota, as they also have a Collision Center. They quoted me a very reasonable price, a very nice young man took care of me immediately (Hunter) and was able to arrange to get it painted right away. Then a shuttle took me directly home. Later that day, the shuttle picked me up and took me back to my repaired car. It looked brand new! It was an extremely pleasant experience for an unexpected situation. I would recommend this dealership to everyone. Rochelle R., Sarasota