Darrell Waltrip Honda Volvo Subaru

Used 888-646-1412
Service 877-837-6761

Great Experience

by from Hendersonville, TN |

My husband and I just bought a new 2014 Honda Civic EX-L. Great experience. Everyone that we dealt with was very nice and accommodating. They even played with our 2 yo when she wasn't in their play area! When talking about pricing and the details every thing was very clear and there was no haggling or issues. There were no hidden costs. I would say it was the best car buying experience I've had and it was with a 2 yo who was beyond ready to eat and nap! We were there from around 8:30 until noon. I'm not fond of our daughter running around at a place I do not know or in vehicles. They did not seem to care and I'd dare to say encouraged her playing in the car to make sure she liked it as well. It was very sweet and attentive to ALL of us - not just my husband for whom would be the main driver. We live in Hendersonville and would drive back there again for any other car needs. They did not try to 'push' any extras on us. They did show us the list of what we could get on it (and what it already had marked). They also had to show/tell us about specific things so that we knew what our options were which was fine. As soon as we said, 'No Thanks.' they said 'Okay' and moved on! Loved it! We are people that know what we want, what it cost and what we are willing to pay. We had already done our research and were very impressed with their (Heather's) knowledge about the vehicle and the laws and what's now required. Not once was there an unanswered question. I've seen the bad ratings from here and was hesitant to even go, but am VERY glad that we did. Maybe there is new management or maybe they are just working on what there issues were, but whatever it is, it's working!!! Honestly cannot say enough good about them and the experience!

Darrell Waltrip Honda Poor and Ovewrpriced Service

by from Franklin, TN |

I want to write this review to help fellow Honda owners and prevent them from being swindled. I bought a Honda in 2011. It was used and I decided to take it to Darrell Waltrip Honda for service when indicated. I have never been one to subscribe to routine maintenance and my 1999 Xterra has never had any problems. But since this vehicle is being utilized to transport my family, I have been timely in its maintenance. I returned again to Darrell Waltrip in Franklin on Murfreesboro Road for another service visit on April 14th. I was told it would cost over $800. I left and got a phone call about 90 minutes later telling me that "while the vehicle was still on the lift" it needed rear brake pads and could use a new set of tires. The brake pads definitely but the tires could wait until the next service visit. The cost for the brake pads $250. The cost for 4 new tires over $1200. They say this "while its on the lift" statement to pressure you into doing something without checking on what it actually costs. Come to find out the brake pricing was $75 overcharged and the tire replacement $500 overcharged. I opted to do the brakes there when he said he would match the competitor price. I picked up the car to the tune of over $1000 for this routine service visit. I drove home and the next morning one of the tire sensors was reading low pressure. I had to take the kids to school, go to a bank for a previously scheduled appointment and then go back to school to pick the kids up from morning class. I had to fill the tire 4 times. I immediately went to Discount tire and was told the wear on the tires was bad and they would have recommended replacement, and that the wear caused a tear in the already thinned sidewall. I replaced all 4 tires with the same as what the manufacturer recommended for $760 plus an $80 rebate. I called Darrell Waltrip first thing in the morning to let them know of the tire issue and George in service stated I probably ran over something and that's what the problem was and they weren't responsible. I then called early in the afternoon to speak to Archie the service manager and he didn't return my call until after 5pm. I told him what happened and I told him I would like a refund on the rotating and balancing and the alignment and he said that they didn't do a rotation and balance and he couldn't refund me the alignment. He also didn't apologize for his company's practice of overcharging its loyal customers. If I hadn't hit anything why did I need a $75 alignment. This leads me to question the necessity of all the other things that they did during my service visit. It is not so much the issue with my need to replace the tires a day after the service which is coincidental at best, but the fact that they overcharge you for things that you probably don't even need at the time and way over charge you for the things that you do need. How can they look you in the eye and smile as Russell did knowing that he tried to overcharge me $600 for things that I needed and still want me to trust them as a Dealership. I can tell you that if you need service for your Honda go around the corner to Firestone for brakes, filters and fluids and go to Discount Tire near the mall for tires. Heck, they will even rotate and balance your tires routinely after that for free. But if for some reason you HAVE to utilize a Honda dealership for your service, go to Crest before ever thinking of patronizing Darrell Waltrip Honda. I gave them the chance to make it right and they have chosen not to. Do not let something worse happen to you or your family. You need to go to someone you can trust. You need a dealership and service department that you can trust to tell you what you need and charge you a fair price for the parts and services. Darrell Waltrip Honda on Murfreesboro Road in Franklin Tennessee is not that place. If you are in their service department waiting room reading this, I would get back in your car and leave.

April 17, 2014

David, Thank you for your comments on your recent service experience. We use genuine Honda OEM parts with Honda trained technicians. Rarely do we run into the instance where our services are as far apart as you stated. The tires you were quoted were Honda-specified Michelin tires. We do not have aftermarket tires or parts available, so comparing between the two can result in a bit of a difference. We did recommend replacing the tires at the dealership. As discussed with George, there was no tire light on when you left the dealership. We offered to look over the vehicle again and even to pick your car up at a convenient place to see if something might have been missed. Please feel free to call me at 615-791-1101 so we can discuss your experience further. I value any additional feedback you have. John Gallagher, GM

but how's the Service Dept?

by from Nashville, TN |

Before you bring in your Honda for routine scheduled maintenance, check with Crest, Reddell or Import Specialty first. I just took my 2011 Odyssey for the 30k service & to fix a noise in the pass side front wheel well. The price was $550. I was ok with the price until I learned that $550 is $200-$300 more than Crest or Reddell, for the same service. Furthermore, DW's 30k service is more involved than Honda recommends. Seems like that's the trend, all dealerships do that. That is a good reason to go to Import Specialty. I digress, not only did we get screwed on the price, THEY DIDNT FIX THE NOISE. If you bought a Hendrick Autoguard extended warranty, any ASE cert shop will honor it. You don't have to be captive to DW. Going forward, I'm taking my business to any of the aforementioned businesses. That star on the car means you got screwed by Ol' DW Their service dept ruined an otherwise pleasant buying experience. 12/18 FOLLOW UP: I took my Civic in with the Odyssey. I was instructed that I MUST get new rear brakes and rotors. "Your car is dangerous to drive" I was told. They wanted $400 for new rotors and tires. When I asked if they could just do the brake pads, I was told "Due to liability reasons". I left, seeking another opinion I took the "dangerous" Civic to another repair facility. I was told the rotors were fine and any wear was barely noticeable. I was charged $60 for two Honda OEM brakes.

Ask for Heather

by from Murfreesboro, TN |

My wife and I went to the Subaru/Volvo dealership to test drive a car she will be ordering as a company car. Upon arrival we had a salesman that walked up and very coldly asked if we needed help or wanted to be left alone. We told him the situation and he immediately brushed us off when he realized we weren't going to be a commission sale. So, we went to the Honda dealership to speak w a manger and ask if there was anyway we could test drive the vehicle before she ordered it. Heather, a sales associate for Honda then offered to walk over to the Volvo/Subaru dealership to go on a test drive with my wife and I. She was very helpful and willing to give us her time, knowing she would not get commission for it. I, having sold cars in the past, appreciated her willingness to spend time with my wife and I and would highly recommend asking for her.

Resolution of "Misrepresented Vehicle"

by from Cookeville, TN |

My complaint with Darrell Waltrip Honda has been more than settled to my satisfaction (see prev. review). An apology was given and they are correcting the ad immediatetly. Without being specific, the general manager of the dealership is being very generous in his efforts to re-gain me as a customer.

July 29, 2013

Thank you for the update on your previous review. I wanted to apologize again for the mis-representation. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Maggie McGee, Internet Manager 615-791-1101.

Misrepresented Vehicle

by from Cookeville, TN |

Saw ad for gold Prius V with Bluetooth, leather seats, premium sound system. Called and made tentative deal to purchase car. Traveled 100 miles to discover was a base Prius or Prius I at best with cloth seats, no premium sound, and no Bluetooth. No wonder was advertised as such a good deal. Wasted my time killing myself to get there and $35 worth of fuel. No explanation from salesman. Wrote scathing e-mail next morning and have yet to hear any response. Same ad still there. Amazing!

Great service, fair prices

by from Brentwood, TN |

I bought a Honda Certified 2011 Accord EX-L Coupe with about 40,000 miles from these folks. I felt like they did their best to make sure I was happy, and I was. My sales rep, Lewies Vander, was very thorough with me and didn't leave me feeling like I was being duped into paying more than I wanted. I think negotiations went fairly smoothly, with us reaching a reasonable middle ground. The financing department shopped around to get me the absolute best interest rate possible, and I'm super pleased with how low it is. Really, there's not enough good things to say about these guys. The only thing I was moderately dissatisfied with was the amount of time I spent waiting, but Lewies is a cool guy and kept me company throughout the whole process. All in all, it was a great buying experience, and I will be back should I ever decide to buy another car.

July 29, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I will make sure Lewies gets a copy of this. Please don't hesitate to get in touch should you ever have a question. Best, Maggie McGee- Internet Manager, Darrell Waltrip Honda. 615-791-1101

Great place to buy a vehicle!

by from Nashville,TN |

I would definitely refer all my friends to shop fortheir next car there.