Nelson Mazda Nashville

1212 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203

New 888-229-0798
Used 888-202-9577
Service 877-800-6107

We'll Make a Believer Out of You!

Great experience!

by from Brentwood, TN |

Very good customer service; I got a great deal on a good late-model used car! Only downside - it's hard to find a place to park at the dealership.

Not like any other dealership ,

by from Nashville TN |

I got a letter from them about "special financing " ETC After a week little if anything has been done . I got a couple of automated email responses, never acted on . One phone call RETURNED from someone that acted put out and showed NO ENTHUSISM , to the point of being near insulting . The car in question has not been on the lot anytime I checked . NO attempt to contact Me or sell Me anything ............ I think I am better off NOT dealing with them . If they do not want to do business with people like Me , why do send out mail ? ... I would look somewhere else

YO-YO FINANCING AND INTIMIDATING PRACTICES

by from Nashville, TN |

NELSON MAZDA DEALERSHIP PRACTICES YO-YO FINANCING AND INTIMIDATION!!! Approximately 30 days ago my son drove off Nelson Mazda's lot with a used 2010 Toyota Tundra pickup truck. Everyone "bent over backwards" to help my son get into this truck (My son dealt with Michael Norton, Mike Roa and Randy Dismang). This was his FIRST major purchase. The dealership told him that he and his co-signer must have the same address (since when is that a requirement for a co-signer?) and I am not sure what all they did to accomodate this "so-called" requirement. Thinking he already had a deal in place with Capital One as the financier, my son expected his first payment to be December 13th (around there). However, a few days ago he received a phone call from telling him the "Deal" fell through and that they either had to re-work the loan or give the truck back. A few days before Thanksgiving my son received a message on his phone from the GSM. It was a rude message telling him he better bring back the truck and if there was any damage my son had to pay for it, and that he would have to also pay for the mileage he used. My son was upset thinking he was going to be liable. AS SOON AS my son mentioned the "Lawyer" thing the rudeness of the GSM changed and he was much more pleasant to speak to. However, today, November 30th, 2013, my son turned the truck in. It is HORRIBLE that the state of TN allows this type of practice to go on so that consumers are duped and deceived. However, Tennessee's law on conditional financing (Yo-Yo) does allow dealers to repossess vehicles and recoup expenses with little in the way of oversight. But the law also says the state "...may revoke or suspend the license of...any motor vehicle dealer who...fails to allow the consumer to void the motor vehicle transaction if any of the terms of the transaction change..." However, Tennessee Attorney General Robert E. Cooper, Jr., took it a step further, saying, "There should be no charge to the buyer if financing fails, and the dealer should refund all deposits." Buyers need to BEWARE and DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO PUT YOU INTO A VEHICLE UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THE FINANCING IS IN PLACE! It usually takes 24 to 48 hours before you know whether or not your financing has gone through. You should also try getting your own financing from a bank prior to stepping onto the lot.

Awesome Group of People To Work With

by from Nashville |

Bought A Car today. The people there are the friendliest group to work with. Professional, helpful and hands down the best experience I have had buying a car. Thanks Lindsey and Matt you were AWESOME!

Nelson Mazda Nashville responded to this review

April 11, 2013

Thanks for the kind words! Our goal certainly is to provide a great experience. Looking forward to seeing you in our service department!

Like a Characture of a Car Dealership

by from Nashville, TN |

I went to look at a truck they had advertised on the internet, but when I got there they told me it had just been sold to an employee of the dealership. Fortunately, they said, they had just got in a very similar truck, which I test drove and was a piece of garbage. I looked at the carfax and the odometer had been changed at some point, and I asked them what they knew about the truck and they said they knew nothing, but when I looked further at the carfax report, it said they had just sold that same truck about 6 months earlier. I called them out on that and they gave me some story about selling it to an employee's neighbor (conspicuously like the earlier story). In the meantime the sales manager slimed his way over to me by asking "Hey, do I know you?" and wasted my time acting like my pal before he finally transitioned into the sales routine. It was an all together horrible experience.

Did not have car prepared for test drive

by from nashville, tn |

I had originally gone to test drive a Mazda 626, that was sitting in the back lot of the dealership. I went to sit in the car and it did not turn over. I looked at another car, but the management was not willing to go down in price to help me out as a student. The cars were both trade ins...so there ya go

Easy to deal with

by from Mahomet, IL |

Had a pretty hassle free buying and trading experience with Nelson Mazda. I worked with Josh A. in the internet sales department for about a week before deciding to drive 350 miles to trade for a vehicle. Prior to that, they went out of their way to send me more pictures of the car and convey a good idea of condition. Condition of the car was exactly as described, so I was pleased. The finance department left a little to be desired when I was finishing my paperwork. I had to get the invoice reworked a few times before everything was made right. It wasn't a typical trade, though, so not a huge ding against Nelson Mazda. Three weeks later, I had to call Nelson for a bit more paperwork. EXCELLENT customer service from Bobby and Farrah, even after the purchase, being in a different state. I cannot say enough about this. I had the paperwork within a few minutes of calling. Thanks, Nelson Mazda - Josh in particular - for making it so easy. The Speed6 is working out great.