Downtown Hyundai & Subaru

Service 866-828-6189

Customer Service is Our #1 Priority

Terrible Customer Service

by from Nashville, TN |

Officially done with Downtown Hyundai. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They not only give you terrible service, but also put the customer down and try to tell you and make you feel like you know nothing. It started when I first bought the car. At first we dealt with a great gentleman (unfortunately I can not remember his name, but I was later told that he was fired). He let us test drive the car and was extremely helpful. We started talking about prices and the trade in value for my current car. He gave us a great price, but this was the first test drive we had and I wanted to test drive one other car (which we were upfront and told him). He even offered to let us take the test car when we went to the other dealership so we could compare the cars side by side...so we did. After test driving the other car I knew for sure that the Hyundai was the one I wanted so we took the car back a few hours later. To our surprise we were told that the gentleman we were talking to before had to leave for a family emergency, but that someone else could help us. As soon as we told the new worker the agreement we had with the previous worker, he immediately told us he could not give us that offer (even though we STILL had all of the written pricing from the previous worker on hand). The offer he said he could give us was $5,000.00 more than what we were originally offered. We were so shocked and told him that is not something we were willing to do. He then said he would go back and see "what he could do", but that worker never came back and we given yet another worker...that is when the real trouble started. This 3rd worker was a total jerk to us. He kept asking us questions that had nothing to do with our car purchase (what do you do for fun? where do you live?). I tried telling him that this has nothing to do with our purchase and we want to get this settled. He then told us all he could do was split the difference in half, but that was still $2,500.00 more than our original offer. I explained to him how I didn't understand how the price was one figure hours ago and now that was "impossible". He then told me I don't understand how this works and continued to make even more degrading comments. At that point I had had enough and told him we were leaving. The manager of the store saw how upset I was and asked what happened. I explained the situation to her and she not only offered the original price, but also offered to give us free oil changes for a year (which we only received one). I was extremely hesitant since we were treated so poorly, but I did really love the car and we got the deal we wanted, so I thought things would be fine.....I was wrong. Flash forward to 8 months later when I found a scratch on my car one day. We called our insurance and had everything taken care of and decided (against our better judgement) to take it into Hyundai to get fixed because we also learned there was a recall. We called Hyundai and made an appointment to bring it in and were told it would take a few days. Well a few days turned into a week...and then a week and a half. We were told we would get a rental car for free for 2 days, but it would be $20 after that. Since we weren't expecting the car to be in the shop for so long we were not very happy about having to pay for the extra days. Luckily the EJ offered to cover the cost of the rental since it was taking longer. However today (2 weeks later) we were just told that my car still is not ready because they are waiting on parts. We were also informed just now that they would not be covering the cost of the rental. We were then told that they did not know when the part would be in, but would call us right back. I should also mention that for the past 2 weeks they have never called us once to update us on our car - we have always had to call the day before (at least 2-3 times) to get an answer on our car. Even with multiple calls and messages we wou

August 13, 2014

I am very concerned to hear about your recent sales experience with your Hyundai. I can assure you customer service is our top priority and I would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you have brought to my attention. You can reach me directly at 954.465.7179. Alan Theriault-GM

No response from Email request

by from Nashville Tennessee |

I found a Toyota FJ Cruiser for sale in the used car area, Sent 3 email request and never got a response back. Called 2 days later only to discover the SUV was sold.

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM!

by from Nashville, TN |

DO NOT buy a car from these people! They are only out for your money and care nothing about the quality of car they are selling you. When I test-drove my car, and my boyfriend had a concern with the transmission, we were assured that the entire car had been well checked over by their service team. Not 100 miles off the lot, my check-engine light came on. My entire air-injection system had been flooded with water, an issue my mechanic said had been "very obviously happening for some time." I had to spend almost $2,000 to get the car driveable. They push you to the limits of your budget without listening to your concerns about your vehicle. When I called to tell them about the major overhaul I had to do (after the 15th call, when I finally spoke to a person other than the receptionist), they asked only if I had shopped around to find other quotes on the repair job. Once they have your money in their hand, they will laugh all the way to the bank, because you are not getting a car even CLOSE to that value! STAY AWAY.

April 1, 2014

My name is Ron Reinhart, General Manager at Downtown Hyundai & Subaru. I am very concerned about your recent sales experience. I can assure you that customer service is our top priority and would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you have brought to my attention. You can reach me at 615-329-2929. Thank you.

Poor advertising and management policies.

by from Clarksville, TN |

Their ad had been publicized for days both locally and nationally. I contacted the dealership thru email for information and to let them know I would like to come to view the vehicle. I drove 50 miles in the morning to view the vehicle. After winding thru their maze of a building I found a salesman. He was nice but had to locate the vehicle. As it turned it out, the vehicle was scheduled for the auction. When I asked if I could see the vehicle, he responded that he was sorry but that the manager wouldn't allow it. As I exited the building, I told him and the manager how I felt about their advertising policy. As I exited the building I came upon the vehicle as it was one lined up with others in the lot. I will never go to that dealership again, but I drive across town and was able to drive home in a new vehicle a couple of days later.

Very professional dealership.

by from Clarksville, TN |

Very professional. The vehicle matched the advertisement. The staff was very informative and helpful. They were able to answer questions and were understanding about my situation. I was given a number of options for financing and never felt any pressure. I would/will buy from them again.

Same issue with service department.

by from Nashville,Tn |

I was having an issue with my shifting gears on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata because the gears would not come out of park. And now only 6 months later I'M HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE where my care will not shift out of park which I was told the problem was fixed & it was for 6 months. So I will not be going back there due to trust issues. But the staff and everyone was very friendly!

Great experience!

by from Nolensville TN |

I bought a new Hyundai Veracuz frpm this dealership. The salesman, sales manager, and finance staff were wonderful to deal with. They did everything they said they would, when they said they would. The sales manager even helped me find a way to qualify for some factory discounts that I would never have found on my own. I would buy from them again. Showroom was under renovation, that is the reason for the one 4.0.

July 1, 2012

2150John, thanks for sharing your Hyundai Veracuz purchase! This is great to hear! Angelo Leonardi G.M.

Great service!

by from Nashville, TN |

Great service! My car is always ready when I need it.

The place to go for Subaru

by from Nashville, TN |

Had a wonderful salesman who showed me all the benefits and features of the car I was interested in. Sales manager took the time to discuss all my options. Was a great experience.

A rare car buying experience

by from Nashville, TN |

This dealer is an exceptional place to buy a new car. I had not previously considered buying a subaru until one the salesman figured out what I really wanted and picked out the exact car I wanted but I had no idea. It has all the features I want and none that I dont. They took time to get to know me and help me in a polite way. I would recommend this place to anyone who is not quite sure of what they want or who really wants a subaru. My salesman was ryan hawkins and I highly suggest him. The one negative I have and it may just be me but the showroom didn't really look finished. Either way I am a proud new Subaru forester owner and I am pleased with downtown subaru.