Downtown Hyundai & Subaru

New 866-569-5702
Used 888-436-9219
Service 866-828-6189

Customer Service is Our #1 Priority

Best car dealership experience!

by from Nashville, TN. |

I came in to inquire about the possibility of leasing, which I had never done before. Samey met me at the door and proceeded to listen to my needs and my budget. He told me that he would take good care of me, but all salesman say that right? Samey DID take care of me and helped to see that I got a great new car with extras and affordable lease payments. I never felt pressured and everyone was very helpful and kind. I recommend Samey to anyone who wants a salesman who truly is on your side! Overall, the BEST car experience I've had to date!

February 19, 2015

Thank you for your business, and please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Welcome to the Downtown Family!

dissatisfied

by from Antioch, TN |

My wife and I were shopping for a new car due to a issue with the comfort of our vehicle and back problems. We were checking out the Subarus and liked what we saw, good comfort and great options. We had decided on a Forester. Walking in from the very beginning we informed the sales man Marc that we would be shopping around different dealers to see who would offer us our best deal. Marc was friendly and gave great information. We had test drove cars and started into the negotiation phase. We were discussing what other dealers were offering and what Downtown Subaru had to offer. I had a question about the $500 doc fee. After some back and forth the sales manager came over and sat down with us. A couple minutes previous, another dealer called my cell phone and was touching base with us as to when we would be coming to their lot. This seemed to upset the sales manager. We were looking on the internet at other dealers offers and mentioned that one of the dealers said they could get us what we needed in 24 hours. The sales manager said they would be wanting to do a dealer trade with him and he would refuse. He said we were trying to get the car for nothing and asked what we thought we should pay for the car. I got the impression that for some reason he was very impatient and non negotiable. I felt we clearly stated what our intentions were and we were shopping for our best option. Both of us got the feeling that my wife was also marginalized in the conversation. Needless to say we were not happy and left.

February 10, 2015

Mr. Marglin, I apologize that your recent experience was not 100% satisfactory. Please take a moment to reach us on our dedicated "make it right" number 877-475-3902 and we will be more than happy to try and make this better. Nancy Pizzulo - Customer Care Manager

Never heard from them

by from Nashville,TN |

Came in with my fiance to look at possibly buying a vehicle but we knew we had some credit issues and had an upside car loan we we're looking at getting out of. Salesman was awesome and gm told us he could help us and get us in a 2015 Hyundai Sonata no problem,well we understood it was a Saturday so would have to wait till Monday to work out the contractual kinks no problem there. Well it's been 2weeks and have yet to hear from them. I feel at least a call telling us hey we are not gonna be able to help you at this time maybe wait another 6 months etc.. Would of been the professional thing to do however all we got was nothing. Overall they have a great facility with an amazing staff just a little annoyed we never heard a thing from them

January 27, 2015

Louis, VERY sorry to hear in the delay with your car buying experience. I have forwarded your contact information directly to the GM Tim Bowers. In the meantime if you would like to reach out to our customer support team directly, please feel free to call our dedicated customer service number at 877-475-3902 and we will try and resolve this for you ASAP. Ryan Decker - Marketing Solutions Coordinator.

Awful Service Dept...

by from Toronto, ON |

I've had my car into this dealership in the past for standard servicing (e.g. oil changes, tire changes, etc.). Service has never been great and their prices are what you would expect from a dealership. Truthfully I've used them because I'm close by and it's easy to drop off my Santa Fe there. That said, over the past several years everything about the dealership and service centre has gotten worse. Took my 2010 Santa Fe in to have the starting system looked at. It was often clicking several times before actually starting up and this wasn't a battery issue since it was doing this with both the original battery and the replacement battery. I phoned several days ahead and booked a time to take the car in. It sat in the lot for much of the day before they even looked at it. Why schedule anything if it's simply going to sit in the lot and not get looked at??? Awful service. Awful atmosphere. Awful all-around experience. Take your vehicle somewhere else... anywhere else!

November 18, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us feedback on your recent service experience and apologize that it was not 100% satisfactory. We strive to provide excellent and timely customer and vehicle service for all our customers. I would like to speak with you personally to see how we can make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly at 615.392,2929. - Derek Smith, Service Manager

Do not go there for srevice

by from Mount Juliet TN |

Please stay away from this dealership if you need service done on your car. They just rip off and simple staff take weeks, weeks and weeks! I would rate Zero!

November 7, 2014

I apologize that your recent visit for service was not outstanding. I can assure you that we strive to provide an excellent customer service experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Derek Smith, Service Manager -Downtown Hyundai/Subaru 6153292929

Terrible Customer Service

by from Nashville, TN |

Officially done with Downtown Hyundai. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They not only give you terrible service, but also put the customer down and try to tell you and make you feel like you know nothing. It started when I first bought the car. At first we dealt with a great gentleman (unfortunately I can not remember his name, but I was later told that he was fired). He let us test drive the car and was extremely helpful. We started talking about prices and the trade in value for my current car. He gave us a great price, but this was the first test drive we had and I wanted to test drive one other car (which we were upfront and told him). He even offered to let us take the test car when we went to the other dealership so we could compare the cars side by side...so we did. After test driving the other car I knew for sure that the Hyundai was the one I wanted so we took the car back a few hours later. To our surprise we were told that the gentleman we were talking to before had to leave for a family emergency, but that someone else could help us. As soon as we told the new worker the agreement we had with the previous worker, he immediately told us he could not give us that offer (even though we STILL had all of the written pricing from the previous worker on hand). The offer he said he could give us was $5,000.00 more than what we were originally offered. We were so shocked and told him that is not something we were willing to do. He then said he would go back and see "what he could do", but that worker never came back and we given yet another worker...that is when the real trouble started. This 3rd worker was a total jerk to us. He kept asking us questions that had nothing to do with our car purchase (what do you do for fun? where do you live?). I tried telling him that this has nothing to do with our purchase and we want to get this settled. He then told us all he could do was split the difference in half, but that was still $2,500.00 more than our original offer. I explained to him how I didn't understand how the price was one figure hours ago and now that was "impossible". He then told me I don't understand how this works and continued to make even more degrading comments. At that point I had had enough and told him we were leaving. The manager of the store saw how upset I was and asked what happened. I explained the situation to her and she not only offered the original price, but also offered to give us free oil changes for a year (which we only received one). I was extremely hesitant since we were treated so poorly, but I did really love the car and we got the deal we wanted, so I thought things would be fine.....I was wrong. Flash forward to 8 months later when I found a scratch on my car one day. We called our insurance and had everything taken care of and decided (against our better judgement) to take it into Hyundai to get fixed because we also learned there was a recall. We called Hyundai and made an appointment to bring it in and were told it would take a few days. Well a few days turned into a week...and then a week and a half. We were told we would get a rental car for free for 2 days, but it would be $20 after that. Since we weren't expecting the car to be in the shop for so long we were not very happy about having to pay for the extra days. Luckily the EJ offered to cover the cost of the rental since it was taking longer. However today (2 weeks later) we were just told that my car still is not ready because they are waiting on parts. We were also informed just now that they would not be covering the cost of the rental. We were then told that they did not know when the part would be in, but would call us right back. I should also mention that for the past 2 weeks they have never called us once to update us on our car - we have always had to call the day before (at least 2-3 times) to get an answer on our car. Even with multiple calls and messages we wou

August 13, 2014

I am very concerned to hear about your recent sales experience with your Hyundai. I can assure you customer service is our top priority and I would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you have brought to my attention. You can reach me directly at 954.465.7179. Alan Theriault-GM

No response from Email request

by from Nashville Tennessee |

I found a Toyota FJ Cruiser for sale in the used car area, Sent 3 email request and never got a response back. Called 2 days later only to discover the SUV was sold.

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM!

by from Nashville, TN |

DO NOT buy a car from these people! They are only out for your money and care nothing about the quality of car they are selling you. When I test-drove my car, and my boyfriend had a concern with the transmission, we were assured that the entire car had been well checked over by their service team. Not 100 miles off the lot, my check-engine light came on. My entire air-injection system had been flooded with water, an issue my mechanic said had been "very obviously happening for some time." I had to spend almost $2,000 to get the car driveable. They push you to the limits of your budget without listening to your concerns about your vehicle. When I called to tell them about the major overhaul I had to do (after the 15th call, when I finally spoke to a person other than the receptionist), they asked only if I had shopped around to find other quotes on the repair job. Once they have your money in their hand, they will laugh all the way to the bank, because you are not getting a car even CLOSE to that value! STAY AWAY.

April 1, 2014

My name is Ron Reinhart, General Manager at Downtown Hyundai & Subaru. I am very concerned about your recent sales experience. I can assure you that customer service is our top priority and would like to personally speak with you regarding the issues you have brought to my attention. You can reach me at 615-329-2929. Thank you.

Very professional dealership.

by from Clarksville, TN |

Very professional. The vehicle matched the advertisement. The staff was very informative and helpful. They were able to answer questions and were understanding about my situation. I was given a number of options for financing and never felt any pressure. I would/will buy from them again.

Poor advertising and management policies.

by from Clarksville, TN |

Their ad had been publicized for days both locally and nationally. I contacted the dealership thru email for information and to let them know I would like to come to view the vehicle. I drove 50 miles in the morning to view the vehicle. After winding thru their maze of a building I found a salesman. He was nice but had to locate the vehicle. As it turned it out, the vehicle was scheduled for the auction. When I asked if I could see the vehicle, he responded that he was sorry but that the manager wouldn't allow it. As I exited the building, I told him and the manager how I felt about their advertising policy. As I exited the building I came upon the vehicle as it was one lined up with others in the lot. I will never go to that dealership again, but I drive across town and was able to drive home in a new vehicle a couple of days later.