Airport Honda

3069 Airport Hwy., Alcoa, TN 37701

Used 865-980-2428

Good visit gone bad

by from Seymour TN |

We decided it was time to trade cars and contemplated changing from Toyota to Honda. Both good cars. Visited Airport Honda on a Sunday and had a good experience with Greg Tapp. It was closing time so we left but stopped to look at a car one more time when the salesman came by us and said the manager told him to see if we would trade for a certain trade price. We told him we would think about it. When we returned to the dealership the next day, we were told that really wasn't an offer. The new trade difference they offered (by manager Joe and Greg) didn't work for us so we left. Joe called me on Wednesday to check back and we told him we did buy from another dealer. Joe proceeded to blast me for not being fair to his salesman by going somewhere else. Of course we felt he had not been fair to us by not standing by their original offer. We had been warned that this was how they do business but we ignored the warning. We know now. Joe was unprofessional and disrespectful.

slippery sales tactics

by from Knoxville, TN |

When asked for a trade-in value for my old car the sales person took my car and key then disappeared for over half an hour. When asked for the car back he couldn't be located. Ultimately they offered low blue book value as I knew they would. I bought a new car anyway but won't be back.

Airport Honda responded to this review

December 5, 2014

TO DETERMINE THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE TRADE VALUE WE USE MANY SOURCES AND ALSO EVALUATE MECHENICS/SERVICE RECORDS.THIS CAN SOMETIMES TAKE 30 MIN.WE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS UNREASONABLE OR SLIPPERY SALES TACTICS.

dishonest

by from Louisville, TN |

Sales people were OK, but Sales Manager was completely dishonest. Twisted facts and gave a very poor representation designed to mislead. Would never deal with this dealership again, even though they are only a mile from my home, I will never go there again.

Airport Honda responded to this review

December 5, 2014

WE HAVE DETAILED RECORDS OF EVERY CUSTOMER THAT COMES IN THE DEALERSHIP. WE HAVE NO RECORDS THIS PERSON HAS EVER BEEN AT THIS DEALERSHIP.