Rusty Wallace Toyota

5944 W Andrew Johnson Highway, Morristown, TN 37814

Used 423-587-1972

Apparently they weren't interested in my business

by from Morristown, TN |

I had a disappointing experience trying to buy a car here. I did not feel respected or valued as a customer here. I was shopping for a car for myself, and my dad was with me for advice. I told my salesman very clearly that I was the one buying the car, not my dad, so I was the one with whom he needed to discuss the price. However, when the salesman came back with the deal sheet, he did not come to me, the person buying the car and waiting at his desk. No, he walked straight past me to go outside where my dad was walking around (giving me privacy to discuss the deal) to show him the deal sheet. I sat at the salesman's desk, amazed that he was going over the numbers without me, the buyer, present. Five to ten minutes later, I left the desk to walk outside to get them, and the salesman's response was something to the effect of, "Oh, yes, let's go inside, this will be easier there." I am certain that I expressed very clearly that while my dad was there to help, I was the one to whom he needed to speak. I am a college graduate and am employed at a reputable place, and while I cannot speak of the salesman's intent in treating me this way, I can only say that I felt disrespected, and furthermore, I felt that he was being sexist and ageist by choosing to speak to an older man instead of me, a young woman. We ended up being a couple thousand apart, and I didn't take the deal, but I would have been more inclined to work with them, if I had not felt uncomfortable with the salesman. Already, because of how I was treated, they had lost my business regardless of the deal, and instead of looking at Toyotas less than 5 minutes from my house, I drove an hour and a half to another Toyota dealer so that I could avoid this place. I never received a follow-up phone call from the salesman, and my complaint to the sales manager about the lack of follow-up and professionalism yielded an unconcerned apology that clearly expressed that he really didn't need my business.

Satisfied Customer

by from Morristown, TN |

Buying used cars has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have had salesmen trick, deceive, hoodwink and tell me anything I want to hear just get my money and get me on down the road with an inferior car for what I paid for. So, naturally I approach dealerships with extreme caution. People want a dealership that they can TRUST and will give them a fair deal according to the NADA for their money to get a good, dependable car. For the first time I think I found it at Rusty Wallace Toyota. Now to be honest we came in inquiring about an online ad for a Highlander. The price advertised (lower) and what they said they wanted (higher) were 2 different prices. I thought "here we go again". After a brief discussion they gave me more for my trade making the deal right. There were issues with the cosmetics of which they assured me it would all be fixed to my satisfaction. They put a new bumper and fixed several minor dings, repainted and clear coated the whole thing. It looked like a new car. It was missing floor matts to which they promised to provide new ones. Upon presentation they even filled up the tank with gas... I mean who does that anymore? Everyone was nice to deal with, professional and KEPT THEIR PROMISES! I want to personally thank Heath Tatum (Pre Own Manager), Shawn Griffths online salesman and Jesse Starr (finance manager) for helping us get into our vehicle. I would recommend this dealership hands down! Ryan and Jawonna Guilbeau, Morristown.

January 20, 2015

Mr. and Mrs. Guilbeau My name is Lillie VonCannon, and I am the Internet Manager at Rusty Wallace Toyota. Thank you so much for the positive feedback, and also for letting us show you that we Truly are different and strive for 110% customer satisfaction. Enjoy your Highlander! If there is Anything we can do for you in the future please let us know. Thanks Again! Lillie VonCannon

As Advertised!

by from Dandridge,Tn. |

I called about a Venza, Shawn told me they had one. Drove up and and the one they had was top of the line, figured would be out of my price range. Tim told me to drive it and they do the best they could since I came in. After driving and really liking the one they had. They made things too easy! Wow Shawn delivered it to my house so my parents didn't have to get out, 93&94 my mom said it was to nice to be one of their cars.! Guys you do what you say thanks again for one great buying experience! We are thrilled with our new Venza! We have told everyone including family to come to you for their auto needs, thanks sincerely, James Walker

2003 Corolla Matrix Purchase

by from Dandridge, TN |

We were looking for a quality used vehicle for our teenage daughter to have for her first car...something not terribly expensive but safe, reliable and preferably with decent gas mileage...something that would last her until she graduated college. I contacted Jason via email after seeing the Matrix online. He was not pushy, yet knowledgable. He made sure to have to vehicle checked out for us completely and was so easy with which to work, both as a salesperson and through the buying process, which was the least painful one I have ever been thru when purchasing a vehicle. I would recommend Jason at Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown highly.

September 9, 2014

Hey Kristi! My name is Lillie VonCannon, and I am the Internet Manager at Rusty Wallace Toyota. Thank you so much for the kind words. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

poor customer service

by from Murphy, NC |

Just bought a 2014 toyota sienna on August 5, 2014. Tire got busted on August 21,2014. I called the person that soled us the van and to my surprise he said that tire is not included with the van. When we bought that van we bought that van as a whole with tires on it. I even have to purchased an extended warranty from them thinking it will help us on situation like this. I am supposed to start my monthly payment on 9/19/2014 but here it is I need to buy a new tire already. What the heck!! Not so happy customer here......

October 31, 2014

Dear Liberty- My name is Lillie VonCannon, and I am the internet manager here at Rusty Wallace Toyota. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience of your tire being ruptured so soon after the purchase of your new vehicle. We know that such an incident can quickly nullify the joy of having a new vehicle. It is most assuredly our top priority for each customer to have a great experience when they are purchasing a new vehicle. However, we hope you will understand that for legal and insurance reasons we are simply unable to cover items completely out of our control like a ruptured tire. I hope you will continue to visit us for service on your new vehicle and allow us to continue to give you top of the line attention.

2008 Highlander Purchase

by from Perry,FL. |

My husband Jay and I just bought a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid from your dealership. We wanted to stop in and say THANK YOU for outstanding service! Grover Cheek really helped us out so much in finding the perfect vehicle! He was wonderful to work with, was never pushy and worked with us in finding a great price. We also want to thank Tim, the manager, and Jesse for their help in this process as well. We just said that when its time for our next vehicle we may just have to come back to Rusty Wallace Toyota!

April 5, 2013

Thanks Mr. & Mrs. Carson for the kind words. We appreciate your review of our dealership. We hope you enjoy your new Highlander and if we can ever help with anything in the future please let me know.

Don't go here!!!!!!!!!

by from morristown TN |

Don't go to this Dealership. The first time i took my car to have its first oil change they messed my air bag system up and told me that i had wreck my car than let me leave and drive my car of the lot with the risk of wrecking and damaging not only my self and who ever was in the car with me but my car as well. After some fighting they got the part and finally replaced it. This was at 5000 miles. At 10,000 miles i went for my sec oil change and they ended up bending my rim on my car and didn't even say anything to me about it they just put it right back on my car. I took it back a week later and they told me that i had wrecked my car again. I have never wrecked my car if i had i would not be taking it to the dealership i would be going to my insurance company. I asked the service manager what we could do about it and he told me that it would cost me 406.00 before labor for one rim. I asked about my warranty and apparently it only covers from the tires up. I than called and wanted to speck to a manager and they just told me the same thing and would not try to help me at all. So i decided to take matters into my own hands and call the main corp on them. I think that it is very sorry for them to treat there customer this way knowing that they have broken or messed up the car/truck and than blame the customer. Even after the fact that my father has bought 3 cars from them in the last year. I am NOT sorry to say that we will no longer do business with this dealership due to there lack of customer service. I would not recommend this place to anyone and i will cont. to post reviews til this is all taken care of and my car is fixed.

March 22, 2013

Hello, Im Lonnie Songer. Im the Internet Sales Manager here at Rusty Wallace Toyota. Im sorry you've had problems with our service Dept. Ive printed your review and turned it over to Bob Berry ( Service Mgr.) He will be in touch to try to resolve your issue. Thanks for your review. My contact is 423 312 8408 if you would like to speak further about this matter.

2011 4 Runner Limited

by from Maryville, TN |

Just wanted to say thank you to the team at Rusty Wallace Toyota! I always fear going to a "big dealership" but that was not the case here. I found this SUV on Cars.com and called the number listed. Lonnie answered all my questions before I drove over an hour to check it out. Everyone that I came in contact up there did an outstanding job. They gave me a fair price on their car as well as gave me good money for my trade. My wife loves here new dear SUV!

December 29, 2012

Wow!!!! Hey J Shep, its Lonnie.Thanks so much for the awesome review. This means so much to our dealership and to myself! Please let me know if you need anything in the future and don't forget since your 4Runner was Toyota Certified it gets free service for the first year !! Happy New Year. LS

Great Sales Experience

by from Morristown TN |

Thanks to the Sales Team at Rusty Wallace Toyota. My new Camry SE is my "work" vehicle and it is one of the best cars I have ever driven.

December 8, 2012

Thanks for your review Vol71, Glad you like your new Camry. If we can help with service please let us know!!

Great place to do business!!

by from Newport,TN |

"Thanks to Lonnie and Jesse for a wonderful experience this morning! I got my 2011 Aloe Green Camry XLE in about 2 hours! What a great team! This is our fourth purchase of a Camry from this dealership and would put it up against any in the nation!!!"

October 24, 2012

Thank you so much Mrs. Keener!!! We enjoyed your company and hope you love this Camry has much as the other 3. Remember your first year of service is all free!! Call your salesperson Lonnie Songer at 423-312-8408cell and he will set all your appts. Thanks again and enjoy your new car!