Rod Hatfield Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RAM

1500 W Lexington Ave, Winchester, KY 40391

Horrible service department

by from Winchester, KY |

I had my Chrysler crossfire 2004 towed here because it was the closest dealership and it was cranking over but wouldn't start. I called them the next day because it had died on a Sunday and they were closed they would only say that they couldn't fix it because it was the wrong type of crossfire. (It is the base model 04 not even an srt). Finally after figuring out that they hadn't even tried to attach their scanner to it or do any sort of diagnostics to figure out what was wrong I convinced them to try. They said the earliest they could get to it was thursday (just to attach an obdII scanner to the car???). I ended up going by the next day to attach my scanner to it to see if I could fix it myself (at which time all they did was try to convince me to trade it in when obviously I am not interested in getting scalped on my car and paying more than another car is worth). In the end my ancient (and cheep) scanner was able to tell me that the crank position sensor was malfunctioning and I was able to replace it same day for less than 60 bucks. The only positive was that a couple of the people there seemed somewhat polite and apologetic that I was being miss treated.

dodge truck

by from winchester ky |

bought my truck there last year in August, great experience from the sales guys, to the manager, to the finance dept!! Bought another car in August of this year! Great experience, they worked to get the best finance rate too!

Great experience for the 3rd time!!

by from Winchester, KY |

we have bought three vehicles from Rod Hatfield over the past ten or so years and everytime, the guys over there make it an easy experience, from working the deal for the trade in to the new car buying all the way to tthe finance dept! We have bought two new and one used vehicle and have had good luck with them all! the car salesman are all friendly and the finance dept and manager worked with me to get the best interest rate possible. I will definelty buy again from those guys!

Do NOT call me "Honey!"

by from Lexington, KY |

I was skeptical due to the poor reviews, but really loved the truck I found on cars.com and called them anyway. Upon the call being answered, the guy, who I am near positive is younger than me kept calling me over and over again "honey." "Sure honey, just a minute honey, well ya see honey." Um no. I am a customer ready to spend a decent chunk of change on a vehicle for myself and my family you can call me Ma'am. Show some respect and professionalism. On top of that I had to tell the guy no less than FOUR times which truck I was calling about. "oh, I'm sorry honey, which truck did you say a Chevy?" No, a Dodge. "Uh, 2500?" No a 1500. "A Silverado?" No man, a DODGE 1500! Never mind.......Pffft.

All they are is liars!

by from Winchester, ky |

This car lot is absolutely horrible! They kept insisting on running our credit to see what we could afford before telling us a price of the car! And after they ran our credit they said we weren't approved for any of the used cars and all we could get was a 2014 dodge avenger! I later looked at the website and they had a huge stock of the dodge avengers! And after we said we weren't going to get the dodge avenger they wanted nothing to do with us! They are nothing but a joke. I wouldn't go there of they were the last car lot on earth!

Worst car buying experience including managment

by from winchester, Ky |

Worst experience ever in purchasing a vehicle. Salesman underestimated my knowledge in vehicles and treated me like a 12 year old girl. I tried to discreetly report my disappointment to the sales manager and he tried to intimidate and lie as well! He then stated things like "you will NOT be able to buy a vehicle anywhere else, once this deal is off the table, you have no deals anywhere". Well, he has been proven wrong. I have the vehicle I was looking for thanks to PAUL MILLER (when it wasnt even a ford vehicle), in the price I needed, payment I needed, and options I wanted. As opposed to the vehicle that the salesmen at ROD HATFIELD in Winchester tried to bully me into buying. Seriously disappointed in the entire experience. They were very upset that I caught them in lies and knew much more than they expected me to know about vehicles and what I was looking for.

What a JOKE!

by from Olive Hill, KY |

Nothing is as told. Many "new" cars have mileage and very dirty inside. Don't waste your time, or go see for yourself.

Incompetent service & deceptive sales manager

by from Winchester |

Incompetent service & deceptive sales manager 1. Customer service/Sales = The sales manager (Buzzy) showed me a car fax that showed no issues with the car I bought. I had rust problems a year after I bought the car and Ron Hatfield said they couldn help me to take it to Lexington. I did they looked at the rust and ran a car fax and it showed it had been in a wreck on that side so they couldn honor the corrosion warranty 2. Quality of repair = I had an Air conditioning issue with a Durango that I took to them 3 times and it still doesn work correctly. They are not competent. If you want a Dodge or a new car take the time to research the dealer and find one that is far and honest. I don know how they stay in business in Winchester. I just bought a new car from Frank Shoop because of the way this group does business. I will never use them for anything!

Place is a joke!!!

by from Lexington, KY |

So we get sent this paper in the mail saying that they will give us the base price of the vehicle that we are trading in when it was new minus miles and wear and tear. When the numbers come out they offer us 15000 less than the base price of our vehicle and ask for 11000 dollars down. So I say what are you giving me for my car and the guy looks at me with a straight face and says well were paying it off. I say were is the 11 grand coming from then and he says well that the diffence in your vehicle and we will just roll it over in the new one. I ask him about the letter I received in the mail and he seemed shocked that I would even ask about that. I said thanks for wasting my day and left. This is the kind of place that gives car dealerships a bad name. Beware!!!

Used car sales men indeed

by from Winchester ky |

Get the car fax on these people...ASAP and look before you buy