Don Jacobs Automotive

Used 888-438-0403
Service 866-458-2831

Cincinnati Buyer

by from Cincinnati |

Tom Ahl's dealership lives up to the family name. We found the car and color which was the only 1 in 100 mile radius of Cincinnati. We called and spoke to Bill Cook who treated us like a family member from the initial phone call. When we arrived Bill was tied up for a few minutes and 5-6 staff members must have said hello and asked if they could assist us. This made us feel like they pay attention to someone new at their facility. Bill arrived and brought us to the car. He walked around the car with us and pointed out a couple of minor items which were no big deal. We took the car for a ride and went to lunch. Upon our arrival we met with finance who was also a true professional, NOT PUSHY, and just a great guy. It felt like I was having a conversation with my brother. Just about the time we were ready to leave, Mr. Ahl himself came over to thank us for our business. I've purchased cars for over 40 years and can tell you I have NEVER, had a GM let alone the owner say thank you for your business. In closing, we traveled 2 hours to look at this vehicle and it was exactly as described, pristine condition. We love the vehicle (Honda Odyssey Elite), and couldn't be happier with our experience. Don't waste your time with Honda dealers in the Cincinnati area, you're nothing more than a monthly sales goal. Take the time to look at Tom Ahl's inventory and make they trip, you won't be sorry you did and say hello to Bill for us.

My recent purchase.

by from New Jersey |

I recently bought a vehicle from this dealer sight unseen, yes sight unseen. I saw a particular vehicle they were advertising on a website and I called to speak to a sales rep. I was connected to a gentleman, Kenny Cross who was most honest about the vehicle I was purchasing. Just to give you a perspective, I live in New Jersey and car sales people and their finance department are the least trusted people in the state, next to politicians. There was one particular line that Mr. Cross told me that I knew I would be buying my vehicle from him. Through out my experience, Mr. Cross went out of his way to accommodate me. I can recall one incident when he was off from work but called into his office to have someone call me with the information I needed. If you looking to buy a vehicle, Don Jacobs is the way to go and ask for Kenny Cross, you'll see what I mean. Selena Neal is the Finance manager and she was wonderful as well. It was very refreshing to have all of her promises kept and on time. She handled my paperwork expeditiously and was honest and sincere, not use to that in New Jersey. Thank you Mrs. Neal.

Great Experience

by from Lexington, KY |

My boyfriend and I found a used car on the Don Jacobs website and requested more information and got a call not fifteen minutes later asking if/when we'd like to see the vehicle. When we arrived there for the time set the salesman we had talked to had the vehicle we requested outside waiting for a look over/test drive. The whole process went smoothly, and even when waiting on the financial office to come back with a ya or nay we weren't left out in the lurch. We were kept up to date with why it was taking so long and met with apologies over the time consumption. Whether because they knew they were making a sale or not we were very happy with our experience there. We didn't feel pressured into buying anything we didn't like and everyone seemed sincere and helpful. We ended up buying a car off of them and would definately go back for the next.

Salesman Was Very Rude & Condescending

by from Winchester, KY |

I had decided to buy a 2005 Honda Civic and the saleman and I were working on the paperwork ahead of me meeting with the financial adviser. I told the salesman that I already had my financing ready with another bank. He tryed to get me to use their financing instead. He talked condescendingly to me, conveying the idea and attitude that I didn't know what I was doing with my previously arranged financing. He also talked to me as if I was stupid because I didn't agree with him that their financing would be better than mine. After a few minutes of that inappropriate, non-cordial, rude treatment, I got up and walked out. I ended up buying a 2007 Corolla from a dealer on New Circle Road. I like and respect Honda very much, but I would recommend to people that they be very careful and wary with the salesmen at Don Jacobs Honda!

Great Service

by from Shelbyville, KY |

Recently I purchased a used SUV from Don Jacobs Automotive in Lexington. The entire purchasing process went smoothly and without a hitch, and our salesman, Matt Wheat, went out of his way to make our experience pleasant. During the entire time we were there, Matt was friendly, courteous, professional and very helpful. There was never any high pressure, confusing terminology, or deception. It was cold the day we were there and Matt pulled the vehicle inside before our arrival so we could take our time and inspect it thoroughly. Matt also arranged for us to speak with the previous owners and did everything he could to make our buying experience positive and rewarding. Prior to our actual purchase, we exchanged several phone calls and emails with Matt. He was very responsive and promptly replied to every question that was asked. Once we reached a deal, the financing discussion and actual paperwork took slightly longer than expected but was completed without any problems. We were soon on our way home in our new (used) SUV. The next time our family needs a vehicle I would not hesitate to deal with Matt Wheat or Don Jacobs Automotive. --Matt S.

Great and Friendly staff

by from Lexington, KY |

I came in to Don Jacobs with a strange request. They were able to work with me, got me a great deal on my new car. I've been to several local Dealerships around Lexington. None of them can match the level of customer support I received here. Matt Wheat did a wonderful job and is a great face for this location.

Buyers beware!

by from Lexingotn,KY |

I have purchased a certified pre-owned 2010 VW Golf 2.5 from Don Jacobs two weeks ago, with written agreement from the dealer to provide the following additional items after the sale of the car: - Rubber floor mats - Clean stains and vacuum out the dog hair - Deionize the car Dealer only delivered on the promise to provide floor mats. Sales person setup the appointment to get the other two services performed. I arrived for the appointment and was greeted by another sales person who had no clue about the appointment. However he was able to get the car in for deionization and cleaning of stains. After waiting for 2.5 hours I was told my car was ready for me. Upon closer inspection, I noticed immediately that nothing was performed on the car. The only impression I could tell is that the car was smelling nice. So maybe the dealer did perform deionization, I have no way of knowing that. But the dog hair and stains were left untouched. I knew that it was not even vacuumed inside, after removing the floor mats dirt was present. I talked to sales person and she asked the manager to provide a solution. He then took carpet and another interior piece from another car and replaced my carpet and that same piece in the trunk with it. Then I was told they would vacuum it again and make sure it is done the second time around. After waiting on another 15 minutes, the car arrived and only the area under the mat that I initially pointed out was vacuumed out. The rest of the trunk or the seats were not vacuumed. At that point I realized it was better to leave then argue my point any further. I had spent 1.5 hours of driving from Louisville,KY to Lexington,KY and 3 hours waiting on the services to be performed, only to find out that I wasted all that time to be treated like a fool by a reputable dealer. To make matters worse, the so called certified vehicle, which had a 120 point inspection performed, signaled "Service Now!" on the onboard computer, every time I started the car. The second car key provided with the car does not start the car at all. The ignition starts and it shuts off immediately with the onboard computer providing a "Key Out of Range" message. Again, I bought the car with the intention of having a certified pre-owned car and a piece of mind with it. It lead to nothing but worries about whether or not I have to service it right away. Given the fact that the car was not even vacuumed inside, I was worried about it being serviced at all and properly inspected and reconditioned to certified standards. Overall a very lousy experience and poor customer service by a "reputable" dealer.

Very Nice

by from Ankeny, IA |

I recently purchased a 2011 Honda CR-V from Adam Ferguson at Don Jacobs Honda. I found it on cars.com. Since I was very specific in colors and model, I located it in Lexington; even though I live in Iowa. I had many communications over a 5-6 week period with Adam. He was always very helpful, easy to work with, and available for any question I had. I would highly recommend Adam Ferguson at Don Jacobs Honda. My only complaint would be the "add ons" that they attempt to sell you after you have already agreed to purchase the vehicle. Since we were communicating via e-mail and telephone, our communication broke down during this process. Adam resolved the miscommunication and I still purchased my new car and I feel like I received a great deal. Don Jacobs was willing to negotiate the price; unfortunately, I did not receive that same service from the dealers in Iowa.

Very Nice

by from Ankeny, IA |

sorry

by from georgetown ,ky |

Went looking for Volkswagen to buy but was driving a KIA and the salesman made me and wife feel like dirt ,so we went down the road and got Volkswagen EOS , by the way we paid cash for the car, but the service team at Don Jacobs is great,my wife loves the speed on the repairs.