Don Jacobs Automotive

2689 Nicholasville Rd., Lexington, KY 40503

New 866-455-9835
Used 888-438-0403
Service 866-458-2831

Serving Central Kentucky since 1971.

Great car buying experience

by from Lexington, Ky |

Patron Hatcher and the staff took great care of me. They did everything they said they would. They lowered my payment and got me a substantially better rate then my credit union.

Great Service Department

by from Nicholasville, KY |

I know dealerships often get a bad reputation, and I have heard some terrible stories. However, I feel very comfortable taking my Honda to Don Jacobs. Cameron is my advisor and let's me know what I need to take care of right away and what I should prepare for down the road. This is the only place I'll my vehicle to.

Honda service dept

by from Lexington, KY |

I have been a longtime customer for 13 years. We currently have three Hondas that get serviced. We have been consistently pleased over the years. The service advisers have been courteous and friendly, going above and beyond to give superior service. Lately Kenny Adams has been very helpful whenever I've needed anything. He makes getting my car fixed an enjoyable experience. Thanks!!

Trust?

by from Lexington, KY |

Misleading website! Game-playing sales department! Looking on line I found a pre-owned vehicle of interest. There is a 'Value Your Trade' button so I dutifully filled out the information for my vehicle. I unchecked the 'Yes, I would like more information from Don Jacobs' and awaited a response telling me of the value of my trade-in. Guess wot? An email from a salesman telling me he is my 'Online Personal Shopper' and asking me to phone him for a few minutes and he could help me blah blah blah. No, Mike, all I want is the amount Don Jacobs is willing to offer for my trade-in, as promised on your website. I replied to his email, asking for just that. And of course, no response! Really now, if you can't trust a car salesman these days, who can you trust?

Reluctantly disappointed...

by from Lexington, KY |

I have been a long time friend and supporter of Don Jacobs Honda. I buy all my cars there and faithfully have my cars service. Last week I asked them to trade for a car that they didn't have so I could continue doing business with them and they told me that I would better off going somewhere else! I hate to even write about this transaction, because everyone needs a second chance, but still. I can't go back there with the same enthusiasm. Looking for a new dealer.

Quick to followup

by from Lexington, KY |

I made an inquiry on Sunday morning before church and the salesman called me within five minutes! He said he would look into the car I was inquiring about and we could touch base on Monday. Monday morning came and I got a personalized video of the car made that morning on the lot. The salesman showed me what he looked like and spoke to me by name answering my previous day's questions.

Cincinnati Buyer

by from Cincinnati |

Tom Ahl's dealership lives up to the family name. We found the car and color which was the only 1 in 100 mile radius of Cincinnati. We called and spoke to Bill Cook who treated us like a family member from the initial phone call. When we arrived Bill was tied up for a few minutes and 5-6 staff members must have said hello and asked if they could assist us. This made us feel like they pay attention to someone new at their facility. Bill arrived and brought us to the car. He walked around the car with us and pointed out a couple of minor items which were no big deal. We took the car for a ride and went to lunch. Upon our arrival we met with finance who was also a true professional, NOT PUSHY, and just a great guy. It felt like I was having a conversation with my brother. Just about the time we were ready to leave, Mr. Ahl himself came over to thank us for our business. I've purchased cars for over 40 years and can tell you I have NEVER, had a GM let alone the owner say thank you for your business. In closing, we traveled 2 hours to look at this vehicle and it was exactly as described, pristine condition. We love the vehicle (Honda Odyssey Elite), and couldn't be happier with our experience. Don't waste your time with Honda dealers in the Cincinnati area, you're nothing more than a monthly sales goal. Take the time to look at Tom Ahl's inventory and make they trip, you won't be sorry you did and say hello to Bill for us.

My recent purchase.

by from New Jersey |

I recently bought a vehicle from this dealer sight unseen, yes sight unseen. I saw a particular vehicle they were advertising on a website and I called to speak to a sales rep. I was connected to a gentleman, Kenny Cross who was most honest about the vehicle I was purchasing. Just to give you a perspective, I live in New Jersey and car sales people and their finance department are the least trusted people in the state, next to politicians. There was one particular line that Mr. Cross told me that I knew I would be buying my vehicle from him. Through out my experience, Mr. Cross went out of his way to accommodate me. I can recall one incident when he was off from work but called into his office to have someone call me with the information I needed. If you looking to buy a vehicle, Don Jacobs is the way to go and ask for Kenny Cross, you'll see what I mean. Selena Neal is the Finance manager and she was wonderful as well. It was very refreshing to have all of her promises kept and on time. She handled my paperwork expeditiously and was honest and sincere, not use to that in New Jersey. Thank you Mrs. Neal.

Great Experience

by from Lexington, KY |

My boyfriend and I found a used car on the Don Jacobs website and requested more information and got a call not fifteen minutes later asking if/when we'd like to see the vehicle. When we arrived there for the time set the salesman we had talked to had the vehicle we requested outside waiting for a look over/test drive. The whole process went smoothly, and even when waiting on the financial office to come back with a ya or nay we weren't left out in the lurch. We were kept up to date with why it was taking so long and met with apologies over the time consumption. Whether because they knew they were making a sale or not we were very happy with our experience there. We didn't feel pressured into buying anything we didn't like and everyone seemed sincere and helpful. We ended up buying a car off of them and would definately go back for the next.

Salesman Was Very Rude & Condescending

by from Winchester, KY |

I had decided to buy a 2005 Honda Civic and the saleman and I were working on the paperwork ahead of me meeting with the financial adviser. I told the salesman that I already had my financing ready with another bank. He tryed to get me to use their financing instead. He talked condescendingly to me, conveying the idea and attitude that I didn't know what I was doing with my previously arranged financing. He also talked to me as if I was stupid because I didn't agree with him that their financing would be better than mine. After a few minutes of that inappropriate, non-cordial, rude treatment, I got up and walked out. I ended up buying a 2007 Corolla from a dealer on New Circle Road. I like and respect Honda very much, but I would recommend to people that they be very careful and wary with the salesmen at Don Jacobs Honda!

Great Service

by from Shelbyville, KY |

Recently I purchased a used SUV from Don Jacobs Automotive in Lexington. The entire purchasing process went smoothly and without a hitch, and our salesman, Matt Wheat, went out of his way to make our experience pleasant. During the entire time we were there, Matt was friendly, courteous, professional and very helpful. There was never any high pressure, confusing terminology, or deception. It was cold the day we were there and Matt pulled the vehicle inside before our arrival so we could take our time and inspect it thoroughly. Matt also arranged for us to speak with the previous owners and did everything he could to make our buying experience positive and rewarding. Prior to our actual purchase, we exchanged several phone calls and emails with Matt. He was very responsive and promptly replied to every question that was asked. Once we reached a deal, the financing discussion and actual paperwork took slightly longer than expected but was completed without any problems. We were soon on our way home in our new (used) SUV. The next time our family needs a vehicle I would not hesitate to deal with Matt Wheat or Don Jacobs Automotive. --Matt S.