Zimmer Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

1086 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 41042

New 877-313-5859
Used 877-318-3404
Service 866-749-7923

Zimmer makes the difference!

Never Again

by from Versailles, IN |

Found a truck and test drove it. Wanted to see what they would do for me so I offered a low down payment and they told me my credit was too bad a they needed more money. FYI... Just financed a new Ford Explorer and paid cash for a truck. So I would go to Airport FORD where the customer really matters.

July 16, 2014

Josh, thank you for letting us know that your experience with our Sales department did not go as well as both you and our team wished for. Each dealership uses some different (and some same) lenders for car loans. What we could offer you was most likely different than what was offered at the Ford dealership you bought from. Furthermore, without knowing the particulars of your loan from Airport Ford we cannot comment on what they may have done that was different than what we offered you. You mentioned that you financed a new Explorer and paid cash for a truck. Were you wanting to do the same with our dealership? Your initial contact with us did not show that you wanted to do anything more than purchase with a low down payment. Our customers here at Zimmer CDJR do matter to us. As a third-generation owned dealership the Zimmer family have passed down the importance of serving our clients to the best of our ability with respect, loyalty and honesty. If we did not value our clients, if they really did not matter as you say, then we would certainly not be celebrating being 86 years in business. Again, we are sorry that your experience with our dealership did not meet both your and our expectations. Sincerely, Lee Fogel Digital Media manager Zimmer CDJR

Broken Mirror, Broken promises

by from Florence, Ky |

On May 15th, 2014, I took my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in for some service. I had a broken passenger mirror, broken ac fan, and an adjustment needed on liftgate glass. 1) They fixed the AC fan as it was a direct replacement part in stock...good. 2) I had broken the liftgate glass, and had it replaced by one of those glass replacement people. Zimmer said they can't adjust glass so that it wouldn't rattle when door is closed. Said I had to scheduled glass people to come out again.All it needed was a couple bolts loosened, and retightened with mirror in right place. 3) The mirror, this is where things get bad. The mirror was broken and flat out needed a replacement. A replacement was ordered, and I was told it was on backorder. It had been 6 weeks when I called earlier this week. They had an arrival date, but no tracking number for Tuesday's delivery. I called today to verify mirror arrived, and it hadn't. But I was once again told, "it should be here tomorrow, but we don't have a tracking number." Issue#1 They put a part on backorder and essentially forgot. Were I to not call, God knows how long I would have to wait for a part that may never arrive. Issue #2 When serviced, they removed a replacement / stick-on mirror I had. They NEVER replaced it so for 6wks I am driving without a passenger mirror. I don't know what bothers me more. Is it the fact they have no concern over something I bought? or is it that they believe sending a customer's car out without a vital piece of safety equipment is acceptable / safe? I'm done waiting. I am done being told, "It's on backorder but we will update you." They won't update me. Heck, I don't know if they even ordered the darn part! Would I recommend this dealer to a friend? Honestly, the Jeep is great, the followup service...definitely leaves something to be desired. So no, I don't think I would based on this experience.

July 16, 2014

Franco, we are very sorry that it took as long as it did for the mirror for your Grand Cherokee to arrive to our dealership. There was a nationwide shortage of the mirror from Chrysler's parts supplier. Once all of the current stock was used up we were waiting on the parts supplier/manufacturer to ship the mirror out to into distribution. It's not an excuse at all as we did not live up to our end in making you completely satisfied though. For this we do sincerely apologize, sir. We thank you for your business and we are glad to hear that everything went well both in Sales and with some of your Service work done on your Grand Cherokee. We will make sure to communicate any delays or issues with you in the future, sir.

Body SHop Is Terrible

by from Florence, Ky. 41042 |

Zimmer Chrysler had our 300C for 30days while doing a 10 day repair after we hit a deer. After we picked the car up we noticed that they put nearly 600 miles on our car while they had it. Ihave placed multiple calls to Rich Zimmer about this issue and he has njot called me back in over a week. These guys are not honest people and I wouldn't trust them.

July 16, 2014

Sir, Mr. Zimmer has spoken with you about the mileage discrepancy you alluded to and I know that this has been explained to you by him to your satisfaction. AS was explained to you our techs did not put this mileage on your vehicle as this was a clerical error from the insurance company. Furthermore, at that time Mr. Zimmer was in the shop without his assistant (who was on medical leave) and could only field calls and follow up with all of our clients by himself. It was a frustrating time for both Mr. Zimmer and for our clients no doubt. We've taken steps to insure that this lack of communication does not occur moving forward. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention though and welcome any feedback so that we can better ourselves and be a better business for you. Thank you for your business and the opportunity to explain the entire situation to you, sir. Sincerely, Lee Fogel Digital Media manager Zimmer CDJR

Worst place ever to take your vehicle!!!!

by from Burlington, KY |

I brought my jeep in today because the hood wouldn't close and I could not safely drive it. I was told the repair would cost $200 to fix and would take about an hour and a half to repair. I'm self employed so missing work means I don't get paid but need my vehicle to be safe and figured I could still get to work a little late with the time frame they gave me. Four hours later I am told my car is read and I owe $200 but the hood still won't close. Oh yes, I'm getting my car back in the same shape I brought it in and on top of that, just lost $200. Now, I understand they need their money for parts ext., but wouldn't they check the whole thing over before beginning the repair then then let me know if the issue was somewhere other than what was being fixed? That's not what happened and I think either they knew and just went ahead or have the worst mechanics on the planet working there. Either way, it's not a good scenario and it's completely lacking in integrity and good ethics. I got absolutely no understanding or discount for the fact that my car still wasn't repaired and I lost an entire days work today. Good business practice? I think not. If any person working for this company were in the same situation as me they would not be accepting it either. I will be seeking a lawyers help to deal with this situation and the way I was treated today and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of how horrible the business practices are at this dealership. I can only imagine it's just as bad when purchasing a vehicle as well. I'm tired of dealing with businesses that have no caring or compassion about other humans and are only interested in moving people in and out and getting their money no matter how they are treated. Very sad and disappointed. I will be proactive in standing up for my own rights and the rights of others who have probably been treated so unethically and poorly as well.

January 17, 2014

Kim, we are very sorry to hear that your experience with our Service department did not meet your expectations. From our Service manager to our advisors and techs we all take pride in the work we offer and do for our clients. I spoke with both the Service Advisor and the Service tech who worked on your Jeep Cherokee. You were using bungee cords to keep your hood down ad the hood cable release was broken and in two pieces when you brought it to us. Before we could diagnose why your latches would not work properly we did need to install a proper hood cable/latch release. Without a functioning release cable we could not properly diagnose why your vehicle's hood would not seat and stay locked down as designed by the factory. Upon doing this we discovered that both of your hood latches were jammed and bent beyond the ability to work properly. I was told that the delay in the service of your vehicle was explained to you by our Service advisor and that you were okay with the extra time needed to assess and repair your faulty hood. The Service tech assigned to your repair order spent over one hour just working on trying to get the latches to release and catch properly (of which you were not billed) after he had installed the new cable. This time spent was on top of the 1.50 hour you were billed spent to get your cable replaced and check the rest of the hood release system. Our tech's professional inspection revealed that the latches appeared to have suffered fatal damage from the force of repeated banging/slamming of the hood downward. The catches make the latch secure itself to the core support are not repairable. In the middle of your bill was the estimate for both new latches and the time it would take to install them if you chose to have this done and ensure the safe operation of your vehicle. With 247,500 miles on your Jeep it's certainly proved to be reliable. And we are pleased that it has been, up until this time, a safe and reliable vehicle for you. However, even the best of quality in vehicles is bound to have a failure or two at this level of mileage. Our desire to do the best job we can for you (and the rest of our clients) is of paramount importance to us. The Zimmer family and our employees hold ourselves to a high level of ethics and integrity in both our business and our community. With over 85 years of selling, servicing and repairing Chrysler products in the northern Kentucky area we remain confident in our treatment of you and our other clients. We would gladly welcome an open and polite dialogue with you regarding this repair and any of the other concerns/complaints you have voiced in your review of your recent service appointment. We can be reached at (859) 525-1344. Please ask to speak to Rob Mardis who is our Service Manager. Or you can contact me at the same number or via email at lfogel@zimmermotors.com Sincerely, Lee Fogel Internet/Social Media manager Zimmer Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

Could not ask for BETTER!!!!

by from Florence ky |

Words can not explain how GREAT Zimmer was to us. This is our second car through Zimmer. Cathy and her staff are amazing. They go out off their way to try to help you out. I would definitely recommend going there. Thanks to Cathy and Todd for everything.

September 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are pleased that both Cathy and Todd were able to get you into the car YOU wanted. We appreciate the chance at earning your business and look forward to seeing you soon!

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE

by from Florence, KY |

Every game you hear that car dealers try on customers.... they do that here. they will quote a payment and you will base a decision on that payment, then they will go into the finance guy and the payment will be $50 more.

March 14, 2013

Hello, my name is Lee Fogel and I am the Internet Manager here at Zimmer Motors. I understand that you are dissatisfied with the sales experience you received here at our dealership. I have spoken with both the sales consultant and our General Manager/co-owner who spoke with you with your purchase. I understand that you came in with your brother and that perhaps there may have been some communication issues in explaining where we all were in your purchase process. Our sales consultant did offer a quote to you that was only a payment quote and did not have any taxes or fees included. We were still assembling you a finalized quote and were not given a chance to complete this to yours and our satisfaction. John Zimmer, our GM and co-owner, spoke with you personally and did his best to explain where we were in the process of giving you a complete payment quote for multiple term lengths. The Zimmer family has long prided themselves on offering straight-up, no-frills pricing and honorable customer service. We do not tack on hidden fees or 'add-ons' that you may not be made aware of, sir. 'Smoke and mirrors' sales tactics are not condoned in our dealership at any time. We have been selling and servicing our product for over 82 years in the northern Kentucky area and take customer service seriously at Zimmer Motors. We don?t rest on our laurels and we do not take our clients complaints lightly. We are proud of the product that we sell and our sales staff aims to treat every client warmly and graciously. If anything seems amiss we certainly will do our best to ensure your experience with both Zimmer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is satisfactory and enjoyable for you and your family. I would like to find a common ground for you and our dealership and retain both your trust and your business in the future. I personally look forward to hearing from you and I wish you a wonderful day.

Will treat you right

by from Hebron KY |

I have bought two new cars from Zimmer. I knew ahead of time what the best price for the vehicles should be and they even beat that. Other mega dealers in Greater Cincinnati play the games with financing and add-ons that Zimmer will not.

March 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words! We appreciate hearing from you and the rest of our clients! We hope you are enjoying your Jeep Grand Cherokee and expect that it will give you many years of wonderful enjoyment.

Do not buy used

by from Hebron. KY |

I recently bought a used vehicle from Zimmer. After driving the vehicle a couple of times it has some obvious issues that should have been addressed by the dealership. When I returned to the dealership they basically told me they were not responsible for any problems even though they told me the car was in excellent condition and was recently driven by one of the owners wives. The vehicle had leaks that would have been an easy fix and I spent $500 on other parts the first week. When I returned they told me they were not familiar with this type of vehicle and had no idea how to do repairs. It was pretty much sorry about your luck and offered no assistance to help. I later found the vehicle may have some serious issues with an air leak in the windshield and they told me to take it somewhere else at my own expense. I would not recommend buying a used car from Zimmer. I hope the new car department is better at customer service and taking care of the customer. Not a good experience at all.

March 14, 2013

Hello, my name is Lee Fogel and I am the Internet Manager here at Zimmer Motors. I understand that you are dissatisfied with the sales experience you received from our sales department after the purchase of your used vehicle. I have spoken with both of the sales consultant and Used Car manager who helped you with your purchase. I understand that we discounted the vehicle further and offered the price you paid for it knowing of the minor issues that it did have. Indeed our service department does not have the necessary tools for this high-end specialty brand you were sold. As for the windshield we had no issues with it here at the time it was on our property. However, I would like to hear from you on what specific points you believe we did not give you the quality of service you expected from our sales staff. If there is any information about this circumstance that we are not aware of I'd also like to know what that may be. Furthermore, my goal is to find a common ground for you and our dealership and retain both your trust and your business in the future. I can assure you that we take customer service seriously at Zimmer Motors. We have been selling and servicing our product for over 82 years in the northern Kentucky area. We strive to make any and every experience at Zimmer CDJR a positive one. We don?t rest on our laurels and we do not take our clients? complaints lightly. We are proud of the product that we sell and our sales staff strives to treat every client warmly and graciously. If anything seems amiss we certainly want to do our best to ensure your experience with both Zimmer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is satisfactory and enjoyable for you and your family. We greatly value that you chose Zimmer CDJR for your vehicle purchase. I personally look forward to hearing from you and I wish you a wonderful day.

purchase of jeep grand cherokee laredo

by from alexandria, ky |

this is a family owned company, service is ok i guess but you will pay for it. zimmer cannot compete with jeff wyler on sales prices. jeff wyler beat their best price by over $3000 on my trade and they dont price match. so if price is an issue, zimmer cant match competitors. they dont sell the volume jeff wyler does so they cant compete. zimmer is just a much more expensive place to buy a jeep vehicle after doing my research

March 14, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our pricing. We pride ourselves on offering straight-up pricing with no hidden fees or 'add-ons' that come at the closing of vehicle purchases. Indeed our total unit numbers may be smaller than our local competition but we have a single store whereas the competition has multiple stores. We sincerely hope that you will reconsider Zimmer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for your future Jeep vehicle.