Gilbert Chevrolet

3550 US Highway 441 South, Okeechobee, FL 34974

New 866-657-0567
Used 866-351-5864
Service 888-903-3179

For every NEW VEHICLE purchase in October, we will assist in the funding for a mamogram for a local woman!

The way it should be!

by from Pitts Georgia |

This is the way it should be. I bought my new Sonic the other day. Talked with a few dealerships and it was immediately obvious that this was the dealership to buy from. Talked with Ms. Sue over the phone and through email. She was not at all pushy and answered any concerns I had. Communications were smooth and prompt, not forced. They even delievered the car to me (400 miles) for a very small fee (cheaper than it would have been to go pick it up!) Great service, great price, and great people! Truely happy with my purchase!

Gilbert Chevrolet responded to this review

July 23, 2014

We are ecstatic that you enjoyed everything about your experience. We look forward to seeing you for your next vehicle purchase! Sincerely, Roger Rice Sales Manager

Best Dealership! Best Car Buying Experience!

by from Weston, FL |

I found the car I wanted online and sent Gilbert Chevrolet an email. Within minutes I was phoned by salesman Tom Palmer. He was honest, courteous and had a great personality. By the time we were done speaking I knew that's where I had to go. Just the day before I had a terrible experience at a Toyota dealer in Coconut Creek, FL, so I was still in shock. I drove all the way from Miami and I was glad I did. There's a hometown feeling to this dealership and it just felt right. Tom was great throughout the purchase and General Manager Roger Rice was upfront and honest. He was able to get a better interest rate than my credit union and I got a fair price for my trade. The financing with Melanie Flaherty was a breeze and the price I paid for the vehicle was lower than any other dealership. Overall it was the best experience I've ever had buying a vehicle. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Gilbert Chevrolet is my favorite family dealship!

by from Naples, Fl |

Gilbert Chevrolet is the best GM dealershiips that I have ever dealt with when I purchased my new Colorado. I have bought GM trucks and cars for over thirty years using my GM employee discounts. I feel like the sales and service departments provides honest,friendly and professional information. Their sales staff and service people make you feel at home. It really reminds me of a family run operation who really care about their employees and customers. When I drive to our camp at Lake Okeecobee for fishing is when I plan my regular maintenance visit for my new Colorado.

Service Department

by from Okeechobee, FL |

Service Department: My wife has a 2008 Impala LT and I have a 2011 Silverado LT-Z71 which was both purchased from Gilbert Chevrolet. This is just two of many vehicles we have purchased over the years at Gilbert. Sales department got us in the door but the service department has kept us coming back since 1990. Jim Kenback, service manager and his staff Brandon, Mike and CJ do an outstanding job of always professionally taken care of our maintenance needs for our many Chevrolets which wee always put over 100,000 miles on before trading for a newer model. Thank you, John & Peggy DuBose

Great Experience with ALL of Gilbert Chevrolet

by from Moore Haven, FL |

10/26/2012 Re: Gilbert Chevrolet Okeechobee, FL To All Whom This May Concern: I am writing this letter to inform you all of the great experience I have had in dealing with Gilbert Chevrolet in Okeechobee. My first experience was 6 years ago when my husband and I bought his 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. Mrs. Susan Hendershot was who helped us with that deal and we had no problems at all. Well, 6 years later, we finally decided to buy me another vehicle and remembered the great service we received with his truck. We did some internet research all over south and central Florida and found the best deal at Gilbert Chevrolet, which is where we had planned to buy in the first place but just had to be smart consumers. Through the internet we were again put in contact with Mrs. Hendershot and she worked with us the whole way through our deal and was very patient and helpful. We ended up buying a Certified 2011 Chevrolet Suburban and could not be happier with our choice. We want to thank Mrs. Hendershot and also thank Melanie Flaherty for her help with all the financial paperwork. They both made our buying experience a pleasure. We also have had an opportunity since our purchase to come in contact with your Service and Parts Department as well as your Collision Center all in just a few short months. We had a few parts that we needed to get and some service that needed to be performed and everyone that we have come in contact with in the Service and Parts Department were very helpful. From CJ Somerville being so helpful in getting our service done to Dustin Shatzer for ordering the parts needed to Kevin Hatfield for personally delivering the parts and saving us an hour and a half round trip drive. You all have gone above and beyond to make our experience a good one. Everyone that we came in contact with was so very helpful and there are some that I did not get their name for that I apologize but know we are grateful still. As far as the Collision Center experience I mentioned earlier, I can say I was happy about having to bring my ew to Mevehicle but it was not due to the service I received there it was the circumstances in which I had to be there. However, from my very 1st phone call with Ana Torres to picking it up the day after I brought it in she was so helpful and guided us through every step. We had never had to deal with an accident and the other driver insurance it was all new to us. The whole experience went very smoothly and to pull up in the parking lot to see my car all clean, shiny and repaired was so great. We have joked about us having to test out every part of Gilbert Chevrolet in such a short time but we so appreciate each and every one that we have come in contact with in that time. I hope that I do not have to see you all quite as often but please know I am recommending to everyone I know that may want to buy a car, have one serviced or need one repaired after an accident to check you all out. They won be disappointed we definitely were not! Thanks so much, Laura, Ragen & Tanner Mathis (Very Happy Customers) Moore Haven, FL

Stands by their reputation

by from Okee |

We bought a used truck "as is". However, when the vehicle started turning off while driving we became alarmed. We brought the truck back to Gilberts several times to try and correct the issue. Gilbert wasn't successful the first two times in trying to resolve the mechanical issue. However, the third time they kept the truck and brought other mechanics and stayed with it until they were SURE that the truck would stay running! It took a while, but they were willing to be persistent to make sure the truck was fixed to our satisfaction.

Gilbert Chevrolet = Courteous, Prompt, Quality

by from Moore Haven, FL |

I do not have my 2007 Tahoe serviced anywhere but Gilbert Chevrolet. They are courteous, accommodating, prompt and provide quality service. They priced matched my tires I bought from them. They are the only place that has aligned my tires so they do not wear improperly. Other made it worse. I recommend Gilbert Chevrolet for sales and service. The sales staff had a 'sharp pencil" and made me a great deal.

BeverlBowly

by from Okeechobee, FL |

We have purchased four different vehicles from Gilbert Chevrolet over the last few years and have had them serviced by Gilbert. We have always had very good service.

Best Dealer I Know !!!

by from Okeechobee, FL. |

I started my relationship with Gilbert Chevrolet in late 2005 when I moved to Okeechobee. I started bringing my 2004 Chevy pickup there for service because it was close. I still use their services because they are honest and do what I ask them to do. I can tell You from past experiences that their are some good dealer service departments out there & there are some bad one's I sorry to say. I have always had positive experiences with Gilbert. In mid 2010 I purchased my new Z71 from Gilbert Chevrolet. The sales staff were low pressure, Steve & Gary were very pleasant to deal with. I was completely satisfied with my buying experience. Gilbert has done all my service on my vehicle and has done a great job. About 6 months ago I found a problem with the paint which was clearly a manufacture defect. I took the truck to their paint shop not sure what to expect as I had a bad experience years ago with a paint defect on my 1991 Chevrolet at a dealer in West Palm Beach. I took the truck in to Gilbert's paint shop & George and Anna were more than accommodating. They did a beautiful job, It was done sooner than predicted and they gave me a loaner vehicle to use free of charge. Yes, that's what they should do but how often have You heard of it actually happening. As for the service department, They are equally the best. Last week I had my truck in for it scheduled service, I explained to Mike that I was slightly concerned about an issue that was fixed on my last visit. He said No problem, We will check it out. When my truck was ready He came looking for me to explain every thing was correct, they had made a slight adjustment free of charge. What I'm trying to say is Gilbert Chevrolet stands behind what they sell and stands behind what they do. I wish I could say that about every business I have dealt with. Thank You to the entire staff at Gilbert Chevrolet !!!

Charles from Okeechobee

by from Okeechobee, Fl |

This is my third vehicle purchase from Gilbert's and I have been satisfied with everything--from purchase to service. All the staff are very friendly and always glad to assist you in any matter.

Excellent!!!

by from West Palm Beach, FL |

Just got my car back. This car is my baby that I have wanted for so many years. Got into an accident and had quite a bit of damage. They did an AMAZING job. Looks brand new again. Completely honest and trust worthy. Found more damage than the insurance adjusters did. They made contact with my insurance company and made sure that it was all taken care of and covered. I could not be more happy with the work. So nice to be so confident that the work was done right. I would recommend Gilbert to everyone and will never go anywhere else. They staff is very friendly and knowledable.. they won't steer you wrong