Mercedes-Benz Of Tampa

Used 855-314-2169
Service 855-314-2169

New Car with Ease

by from Palm Harbor, FL |

I had a very good experience buying my new CLA250. My sales person was prepared to answer all my questions and work for me to get a fair trade-in price. He introduced me to the financial person, delivery agent and service advisor to make sure all the processes ran smoothly. I never thought I'd be the owner of a Mercedes, thanks!

August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Mercedes-Benz of Tamp. We are glad to hear that we could get you a good trade-in price and put you in a Mercedes! If there is ever anything you need in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. Bob Murray General Manager 813-579-2138

pleasant and professional

by from Tampa, fl |

My husband and I went to Mercedes of Tampa on Sunday to get an idea of how the c class drove. Our salesman prepared two vehicles side by side to compare and to our surprise we chose the e class (per owned certified). We bartered some and had a trade in. The deal was secured within a short amount of time and we were satisfied with the deal. The staff was short handed but the manager explained this to us and we were treated with utmost courtesy and professionalism. We left with a superior vehicle and have to say we feel it was a fair deal and quite painless, almost enjoyable.

Pleasurable Purchase

by from North Florida |

My wife and I purchased a 2012 S550 on Saturday. The entire buying experience reminded me of how I run my own business. A lot of dealers sell cars but very few sell the experience as MB of Tampa does. From dealing with the Internet Salesman, Jonathon to the business manager Ryan to the car technician Jayden, the entire buying experience was a pleasure. It was nice to deal with a company with their focus on their customers. What the future holds, who knows but it was a great introduction.

October 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Mercedes-Benz of Tamp. We are glad to hear that we could offer you a great buying experience! If there is ever anything you need in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. Bob Murray General Manager 813-579-2138

disappointed!

by from St, petersburg,Fl |

While in the process over about 3 days with Keith, our negotiations were not as close as I would have liked them to be, but was ok with compromise. Keith sent me a proposal on Saturday morning with a followup conversation that we would be able to get the sale done. I told Keith that I would be there right after lunch, I arrived about 12:40. I was met by Julian, an internet salesman and he wanted to know if I had received his message that they had sold the car which I was interested in. I checked my phone and saw a missed call from him at 12:28. Ed who is an appraiser for this store, told me that he would not have been able to negotiate the price of either car, which was in contradiction to what Keith the salesman told me, I had mentioned to Keith at least 4 or 5 times, to just tell me if they were not able to do the deal, with Keith replying, that we could get it done. Apparently there is no to little communication at the tampa store among staff. In addition, Julian who's called I missed, told me that Keith was looking to try me find another similar car. Keith then came outside briefly to tell me that he had other customers. I guess I was no longer a customer. Ed told me that the other guy who bought the car was not expected today, he just showed up. I however was expected. When I mentioned that to Ed, he stated that I would just have to get sooner in the future. A pretty arrogant statement. The car was a convertible hardtop 550. It was the perfect fit for our situation, a 2007. The title of this review is :disappointed". As a small business owner, I have grown my small business based on one customer at a time, with attention to detail, and taking the steps to fix problems that could have been avoided. I did not experience anything that even slightly resembled customer service. After the car was sold, I became a ghost in the parking lot. " no sale here".

October 6, 2014

Ron, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are sorry that you were disappointed in the way we handled your situation. I would like a chance to make it up to you if you could please call me at your earliest convenience. If I do not answer, please leave your name and the best number to reach you. Bob Murray General Manager 813-579-2138

Worst new car experience

by from Safety Harbor |

Let me start by saying I had a previous generation ML350(2011). It drove great, but had issues. There were a lot of rattles from the interior and a constant whine from the engine as if someone had stuck a playing card in the fan. 3 different dealers could not resolve the issue. After a while, I decided to trade it in for a new ML at Mercedes-Benz of Tampa. This time no rattles or engine noise. What did surface in less than a week of ownership was a stuttering from the transmission during gear changes. So I took it in for the service dept. to fix. The following day they called and said my vehicle was ready. I went to pick it up and was ambushed by the F&I manager that wrote my lease and a couple of other guys. They explained that there was a mistake in the paperwork that needed to be corrected and my payment was increasing by almost $200!!! After a little more than half an hour they relented and said that the paperwork still needed to be updated but my payment would remain the same. Still not sure why it had to be reworked, I think they did it so it wouldn?t seem too shady. SO I get in my car and leave, still has the transmission issues. I took it in 3 more times, they rebalanced the tires and reprogrammed the transmission along with numerous other things. After the programming of the transmission it drove even worse. I called back and let them know it was worse, they then involved James Berger. They always said they could never reproduce the issue, but they never tested it the way I explained either. So now it has been almost 2 months of new car problem hassle. Can?t do lemon law because they couldn?t reproduce the issue. Finally, James tells me to bring it back. They were going to exchange it out, but my payment would go up that magical $200 from before. Instead I chose an E Class and my payment would be a little less. They said it would take about 2 weeks to work everything out with Mercedes-Benz. A week and a half goes by and after numerous calls to them, I find out that I now have to come up with an additional $7500!!! At this point I just wanted out of the car, they said they couldn?t do that. So I went to a BMW dealer and bought a new 535i with M Sport package. I called MB Finance for a payoff, there were 2 different figures, one for a MB dealer and one for any other dealer. The non-MB dealer payoff was $20k more!!! I got the deal worked out with BMW and got my car despite the bumbling by MB of Tampa. A few days goes by and I call to cancel the maintenance plan I purchased with the ML. Little did I know I was in for one more screwing. The proceeded to tell me they were not able to cancel it and there would be no refund. So there you go folks, If you buy a Mercedes, I would definitely buy at a different MB dealer, and don?t buy the maintenance plan.

August 19, 2014

I wanted to thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad I was able to speak with you on this issue and refund the cost of the maintenance. If there is every anything we can help you with something in the future please let me know. Bob Murray General Manager 813-579-2138

My first Mercedes WOW what an experience!

by from Largo, Fl |

We first visited several dealerships on our side of the Bay but were unimpressed with their fleets, so one Sunday afternoon we crossed the Howard Franklin and paid Mercedes Benz of Tampa a visit. We spent most of our afternoon looking at all the beautiful cars inside and outside without being pressured by anyone. And yes we found several cars we liked among the vast dealership and also met Morgan Gall our salesman. .He was forever patient and helpful and offered a test drive in the model we liked best, a white c 250 Coupe. So off we went and quickly discovered what a Mercedes Benz was all about. That car had wings, the ride was so smooth, it's performance topped any car I ever owned and I knew I wanted to purchase it for myself but needed to think about it for an hour or so. So we returned home and I called Morgan and made him an offer that his manager accepted. The car was inspected and a small cable defect was detected so they changed all the cables to be sure everything was perfect. They so kindly delivered the car to me and we signed the papers and concluded the transaction in our home. I will always go back to Mercedes Benz of Tampa for service and also for any future car. They were so great that I have not ceased to tell all my friends about the wonderful experience and business image they projected. No one can beat them! I love my new car and everyone in our street loves it too especially after I tell them all about Mercedes Benz of Tampa. I am a fan for life.

August 19, 2014

Simone, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Mercedes-Benz of Tampa. I'm glad you are happy with your new car! If there is every anything we can help you with something in the future please let me know. Bob Murray General Manager 813-579-2138

First time purchasing a Mercedes Benz

by from Tampa, Florida |

I worked the deal over the phone with Christopher Wilcher who was very professional and knowledgeable about what I was looking for. We agreed on a price and all I had to do was come into the dealership to sign the paperwork and take delivery. No waiting five hours like other dealerships. Time is money. Thanks Chris for the great service.

June 24, 2014

John, I completely agree- time is money- which is why you choosing to spend your time with us is such an honor! Thank you for your business and your kind words! Congrats on your new vehicle! -Bob Murray, General Manager

Salesman was excellent

by from Tampa, FL |

Daniel Bowerman, our sales rep, was excellent. He was knowledgable and found exactly what we wanted and got the deal we requested. We will definitely call Daniel the next time we are buying a car. Jaden Batten, Product Concierge, was average. We felt as though she was ready for her weekend to start on Saturday afternoon. She did not discuss the lumbar settings, did not review the second and third seat operations and failed to discuss service requirements. Matt Juron, Finance Manager, did not record the transfer of vehicle tag properly. We did not trade a vehicle and will transfer the tag from our existing car after giving to our daughter. We received a citation while driving our Highlander the next day for improper tag.

June 20, 2014

Don, thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear Daniel provided a knowledgeable experience helping you find exactly what you wanted. I would like to speak with you further about the rest of your experience so that I may work to restore your trust and help you with any features you may need further explanation on. Please call me at your convenience at 813-579-2138. I look forward to hearing from you. Best, Bob Murray, General Manager

Excellent purchasing experience

by from Tampa, fl |

This is our third vehicle and over 12 years if service department experience. We keep coming back for a reason. You make our experience with purchasing, finance and service the best it can be. Keep up the great work!

June 17, 2014

Lisa, thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty. Please let me know if I can ever assist you during your visits. Best, Bob Murray, General Manager

Great team! Great Service! Great Buy! Thx Kern!

by from Tampa, FL |

This was an interesting buy for me. Prior to this week, I was married to Audi. I have not driven any other car except for a Volkwagen Motor Co. Brand (Audi since 1998). When I was ready to change my 2004 Audi A8, I went to Reeves Audi Tampa but could not find a CPO Audi A8. So, I went across the road to Reeves Porsche, but Eric at Reeves Porsche did not even acknowledge me as I entered the dealership. He continued working and after telling him that he could at least attend to me, he shook his head in disgust and continued working. With this experience, I went to Mercedes-Benz of Tampa. As soon as I got out of my car, a lady opened the door for me and asked me how she could help. He immediately connected me to Kern Charles who made my overall buying experience a wonderful one. Kern was knowledgable and found out exactly what I was looking for. He was not pushy and game me the Mercedes-Benz S550 to take home and show my wife. When I returned, the entire team was on hand to take me through the process, from the financing manager, to the delivery specialist. Anyone can sell vehicles - like Eric at Reeves Porsche of Tampa - but not everyone can provide an exceptional service like Kern Charles at Mercedes-Benz of Tampa. The level of service was like night and day. A service that will make me leave a brand I had been loyal to for over 16years (5 vehicles in total of these 16 yrs). I will recommend Mercedes-Benz of Tampa any day.

June 17, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad Kern and all of us at Mercedes-Benz of Tampa provided an exceptional service to you. I hope you and your wife are enjoying your S550. Please let me know if I may ever be of any future assistance regarding your automotive needs as I appreciate your business and future recommendations. Best, Bob Murray, General Manager

Buyer beware!

by from Clearwater, FL |

I bought a used 2007 G6 convertible from Mercedes Benz of Tampa Bay. The car was sold with electrical issues, which was not disclosed at the time of purchase. The gas gauge did not work, which I did not discover until it was time to fill up the tank. In less than 30 days the check engine light started to come on and the check gas cap indicator. This started within less than 30 days of driving off the lot. When I notified the salesman, Kieth Anderson, and sales manager, Zackery Kelley, to request the type of inspections and other non-disclosed information, I received no response. In less than 3 months of purchasing the vehicle, the top now does not go down. The GM dealership basically told me they can not repair the convertible top, however they were sure to tell me that the front and back brakes need to be replaced. This dealership sold me a lemon. I thought this was a reputable company, but have quickly learned they are only out to make a quick buck at the expense of its customers. Thank goodness this is not my primary source of transportation! Beware of this dealership! Selling a used vehicle 'as is' allowed the dealer to sell me a vehicle wrought with problems without fear of repercussion or accountability!

June 23, 2014

Nicole, thank you for your feedback and business. I am sorry to hear of your frustration. We continue to offer to pay 100% of what you paid for the vehicle against the purchase of another. Please let me know if you are interested. Best, Julian Burt, Manager