Don Mealey Chevrolet

Service 877-815-1641

Your Neighborhood Chevrolet Dealership

Great Friendly Service!

by from Clermont, FL |

I came into the dealership to get a recall complete on my vehicle. They gave me a loaner car to drive while I waited so I could run errands. Everything was clean and Jennifer and John both were so helpful. The cashier was so sweet when I came in to sign paperwork. Overall great experience.

great services

by from clermont florida |

Every time I service My car at Don Mealey Chevy they go out of the way to help!

Bad Service on a recall vehicle!!!!!!!

by from Davenport,Fl |

I received a recall notice from GM related to a power steering problem on my year vehicle.I telephoned this dealership to inquire on whether the part needed to be ordered or how I needed to proceed with fixing this issue.The representative in the parts department told me ,just bring the car in anytime and they could correct the problem.Actually the representative told me to come in the afternoon when it was less busy.On 8/12,I took my vehicle to the dealership to have the repair done.When I arrived to check in the car at the dealership the service attendant told me if the part had been ordered .I told him the above information and he stated the part needed to be ordered.I complained to this individual about the inconvenience of my coming 20 miles each way due to the bad information from the dealership.He had no interest to the problem and my part was ordered.When I returned home I telephoned the Service Manager of the dealership and explained the problem I had and the inconvenience which was incurred to me by the bad information from the representative of Don Mealey Cheverolet.The service manager had no real interest in my problem .He stated who had told me this information and I stated it was a person in the parts department.He stated he doubted anyone would say that ,because the parts people know about the recalls.I told him I would not have come 20 miles each way if your representative had not told me to bring the car anytime.He stated basically it was not the dealerships problem. for the recall and it was GM problem.I ask if he could compensate me for my inconvenience.He answered by stating it was Gm's problem and offered their telephone number and told me to call them.This Service Manager showed no customer service etiquette or skills to resolve my problem or help me in any way.Apparently he flunked the customer service 101 class.Do your self a favor if you need service go somewhere else.

Old Fashioned Sales (high pressure, no answers)

by from Clermont, FL |

I apologize in advance for the long story. I went in to look at an Impala. Impala's come highly rated and well priced. So I went to the closest dealership. Don Mealey Chevrolet. The salesman stopped us and told me his name was Dan and Bob. Either he couldn't decide what his name was or he had amnesia. At that point I was on the defensive knowing I wasn't likely to get a straight answer. I asked several more questions... "does this car come in all wheel drive?". "no", was the answer. (seriously this guy knows nothing about his product. does the car have ventilated or cooled seats?, the answer was yes, all Impala's do. (they don't). They next question was why have they been on for several minutes and I don't feel anything. Dan or Bob or whatever his name was told me its because we had the doors open. (after the car running for 15 minutes I should at least feel air moving). Then I asked if there were rebates on the car. His answer was, "lets go inside and sit down and talk about it". So I asked again... his answer, "all sortsa things on this car". It was clear to me this was a high pressure, no answer kinda dealership. The place needed the grass mowed and the floors cleaned. Who runs this place??? On the way out the salesman yells, "can I sell you a car today?". I guess leaving did not get the point across. I will go buy a Lincoln instead.

Don Mealey Chevrolet responded to this review

June 3, 2014

We thank you for your feedback Sir, as third party reviews sites are always a good way to get in touch with the customer experience. We are sorry to hear that your visit was not more to your liking, and we hope that you were able to make better acquaintance with your Lincoln salesperson. Thank you again for stopping by to share your experience.

Very pushy and forceful!

by from Clermont, FL |

Went in looking for a new vehicle. Gave the salesman an idea of what I was looking for and then gave me two SUVs to choose from. I told him I didn't like either and said I would like to look at something else. He then told me that those two SUVs were all I could choose from and he then began trying to talk me into them after I said no. He then had a manager come out to do the same, once again I said I didn't like them and was told we should go inside and run my credit and do numbers. I could not figure out why they wanted to move inside when I still hadn't picked out a vehicle I liked. I then said thank you and told them I was leaving. They both then stepped in my way and asked me to reconsider and tried to keep me from getting to my car. I will never come back here!

Don Mealey Chevrolet responded to this review

March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. Third party sites like Cars.com are a great way to get a better understanding of ways to improve customer satisfaction. Please let us apologize that your experience could have been better, and please know that this is not a description of the way we like to do business. Please call (352) 394-6176 and ask to speak to Ted Pappas so that we may gain more insight into what took place.

Satisfied

by from Clermont FL |

Bought a Cobalt with low mileage and thankfully read the CARFAX. They replaced the gas tank as indicated on the information sheet. Had the car for a month and it started to shimmy when the brakes were applied. Took the vehicle back and they machined the rotors and replaced the brake pads. They would not replace one strut or one shock that was bad.. but hey we bought a used car. I'm happy with the brake job.

Waste of time

by from Mascotte,FL |

Don Mealey in Clermont Florida did not give us good service. I felt like we were not taken seriously. We bought a truck less then a month ago (April 2012) and we have had nothing but problems since. The truck ran great for our five minute test drive. Within the second day of having the truck home we noticed a rattling in the motor. Don Mealey insisted the rattling noise in the motor is "normal" . We knew better then that. We had two certified mechanics check out the truck and they both confirmed the lifters were going bad and needed to be replaced. Finally the mechanic at Don Mealey admitted the truck had "lazy lifters". After giving us the run around for about three weeks ( using thick oil treatments to quiet the noise) and stating that this is not something that needed to be fixed they bought the truck back to resale. So buyers beware of a 2002 Grey Chevy Silveraldo 1500 LS that has a "normal" rattling sound.

Not a satisfied customer

by from Tampa |

They dealership lacks good customer service. I thought they were deceptive and only cared about the bottom line, $$$. I would never buy from this dealership I do not recommend them.