Don Mealey Chevrolet

14138 Old County Rd 50, Clermont, FL 34711

A GREAT dealership!

by from Clermont, FL |

I have been around dealerships for a good portion of my life, I worked at one and saw first hand how a great one is run. So, when I went into Don Mealey I put on my usual game face and experienced a nice surprise. A nice and gentle support from Paul, smiling faces that made me feel welcome and an ambiance of excitement. Something that should go along with the thrill and adventure of buying a new car. I didn't feel pressure, Paul was fantastic. Called me back if interested and I still was. Sure enough bought a great truck and then came back months later for a great deal on a BMW! We have had pleasant staff, good pricing and comfortable feel in facility. I especially enjoyed the help from Jere when I bought my BMW, we had been in contact via phone and internet looking for something nice and we found a great car. I highly recommend the dealership to anyone, because I know they mean business. If you want a vehicle they will find you one!

CAR SALESMAN

by from Clermont Florida freedom |

Last week took my car for a service recall and while wainting decided to look for a camaro convertible salesman Taylor seemed genuinely interested in helping fine the car in the color I wanted, when it came time to value my trade it was valued a bit low. He said general manager was not there to assess a better value but he was going to call me back, gave me his card & I left. Guess what? He never call back, a bad taste in my mouth & the reason why I don't recommend it to anyone.

How to not treat a customer

by from Orlando, Florida |

You should never treat a customer like they are a problem for you, or tell them they are not being truthful. You should treat them like they are the reason your business is open. It is to bad this Dealer represents GM!

Outstanding buying experiences

by from Staten Isand , ny |

I Just went in to the dealership for the first time on Friday to get a recall done on my car I was talking to service manger about my warranties has ran out and he said I should go inside and talk to on of the sales guys I said I did not want to do an upside down trade he told me not to worry about it .. he was right I meet Dennis Payne he put my mind at ease after the test drive and said my upside down trade was not going to be a problem .. I told him I want to keep the payment around the same I was paying on my car . sure enough Dennis and Rodney Allen was able to make it happen better yet I was able to sign and drive with no money down ... I would not have a problem recommending Dennis or Rodney to deal with if you looking for a new chevy .

Poor Customer Service

by from Clermont, FL |

I was looking at corvette on the show room floor. I opened the door to look inside. When I closed the driver door, someone in the dealership locked the doors remotely. I was not looking to buy the corvette but found thisto be an extremely rude gesture. Dispite this, we later decided that we would go back and test drive a Camero we were looking at. We placed two calls to our salesman to set up a test drive but he never called back. We purchased our new car from another dealer. Very poor customer service. And a poorly maintained dealership. It looks run down and does not give you the impression you are dealing with a first class operation. From the looks of the place and poor customer service, I do not expect this dealership to be open much longer.

Terrible service

by from Clermont |

Service advisor was rude to my wife as was the cashier. Maybe the need to send there employees to the GM/Disney training program to learn how to treat there customers because they really don't care probably why they are still in a old delapidated building and haven't done the updates like all the other Chevrolet dealerships They could care less about the customer experience. This was the second bad trip to them gave them the benefit of another chance after a terrible sales experience.

Great Friendly Service!

by from Clermont, FL |

I came into the dealership to get a recall complete on my vehicle. They gave me a loaner car to drive while I waited so I could run errands. Everything was clean and Jennifer and John both were so helpful. The cashier was so sweet when I came in to sign paperwork. Overall great experience.

great services

by from clermont florida |

Every time I service My car at Don Mealey Chevy they go out of the way to help!

Bad Service on a recall vehicle!!!!!!!

by from Davenport,Fl |

I received a recall notice from GM related to a power steering problem on my year vehicle.I telephoned this dealership to inquire on whether the part needed to be ordered or how I needed to proceed with fixing this issue.The representative in the parts department told me ,just bring the car in anytime and they could correct the problem.Actually the representative told me to come in the afternoon when it was less busy.On 8/12,I took my vehicle to the dealership to have the repair done.When I arrived to check in the car at the dealership the service attendant told me if the part had been ordered .I told him the above information and he stated the part needed to be ordered.I complained to this individual about the inconvenience of my coming 20 miles each way due to the bad information from the dealership.He had no interest to the problem and my part was ordered.When I returned home I telephoned the Service Manager of the dealership and explained the problem I had and the inconvenience which was incurred to me by the bad information from the representative of Don Mealey Cheverolet.The service manager had no real interest in my problem .He stated who had told me this information and I stated it was a person in the parts department.He stated he doubted anyone would say that ,because the parts people know about the recalls.I told him I would not have come 20 miles each way if your representative had not told me to bring the car anytime.He stated basically it was not the dealerships problem. for the recall and it was GM problem.I ask if he could compensate me for my inconvenience.He answered by stating it was Gm's problem and offered their telephone number and told me to call them.This Service Manager showed no customer service etiquette or skills to resolve my problem or help me in any way.Apparently he flunked the customer service 101 class.Do your self a favor if you need service go somewhere else.

Old Fashioned Sales (high pressure, no answers)

by from Clermont, FL |

I apologize in advance for the long story. I went in to look at an Impala. Impala's come highly rated and well priced. So I went to the closest dealership. Don Mealey Chevrolet. The salesman stopped us and told me his name was Dan and Bob. Either he couldn't decide what his name was or he had amnesia. At that point I was on the defensive knowing I wasn't likely to get a straight answer. I asked several more questions... "does this car come in all wheel drive?". "no", was the answer. (seriously this guy knows nothing about his product. does the car have ventilated or cooled seats?, the answer was yes, all Impala's do. (they don't). They next question was why have they been on for several minutes and I don't feel anything. Dan or Bob or whatever his name was told me its because we had the doors open. (after the car running for 15 minutes I should at least feel air moving). Then I asked if there were rebates on the car. His answer was, "lets go inside and sit down and talk about it". So I asked again... his answer, "all sortsa things on this car". It was clear to me this was a high pressure, no answer kinda dealership. The place needed the grass mowed and the floors cleaned. Who runs this place??? On the way out the salesman yells, "can I sell you a car today?". I guess leaving did not get the point across. I will go buy a Lincoln instead.

Don Mealey Chevrolet responded to this review

June 3, 2014

We thank you for your feedback Sir, as third party reviews sites are always a good way to get in touch with the customer experience. We are sorry to hear that your visit was not more to your liking, and we hope that you were able to make better acquaintance with your Lincoln salesperson. Thank you again for stopping by to share your experience.