North Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM

7242 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78216

New 888-418-8660
Used 888-416-3612
Service 888-419-9719

Servicing San Antonio and surrounding areas for over thirty years! Please call Kelli Benefield at 210-331-6710

Be a Prepared and Smart Shopper!

by from Sn Antonio, TX |

Most car dealers are the same - it's all about how you walk in the door. After doing my research at Dodge.com and other sources out there for a couple of days I shopped at North Star one night, and returned the next business day and made my purchase and got the price and vehicle I wanted with little hassle. If you do your homework and don't come off as desparate you will get a good deal. Know what your trade is worth (online book prices and CarMax), know what others dealers are selling vehicles like the one you want to purchase for. If you have access to services like TrueCar (I have it free with my membership with USAA Bank). Get pre-approved for financing if you can so you know what you can afford. If you can't get deal you want - just walk away. No one forces you to buy. Yes - the salesmen where hanging in the driveway and the moment you drive in they are on you. Yes, they will try to sell you upgrades and services that are highly profitable for the dealer and not a real value for the customer. Yes - the sales manager will ask you 2 or 3 times what it will take to get you in the vehicle today. That's their job. I let the salesperson talk his talk, we drove the vehicle and sat down for a discussion about the "numbers" and when the first set of figures was presented with minimal discounts I presented my take it or leave prices to them. I knew I could take my trade to Carmax and they would buy it no matter what. Even though NS Dodge wasn't a listed preferred dealer with TrueCar/USAA they accepted my voucher with a competitor's name on it for the offer price and we were out the door an hour later with our new car. If they know you are a serious buyer they will give you a serious deal.

Trade in value a joke.

by from San Antonio |

Came in to purchase a used Caravan. I had already been pre approved for a loan. The vehicle they had was reasonably priced according to Kelley Blue Book. But what they were wanting to offer my trade was 2000 less than what Kelly had said I should be able to get in on a trade.I walk away from the deal.

Went in for one and came out with another

by from San Antonio TX |

I saw an add in our local Sunday paper for a Charger at a great price. I went to the dealer, drove a model like the one in the add. But when it came time to pick the one like in the paper, it didn't exist, I was told the adds go out on Wednesday and he (the salesmen) didn't know where the vehicle was. Well I took him at his word, and we did fins a model under the one I wanted, and the price was fair. But here six weeks later the same vehicle and add keeps appearing in the Sunday paper, same stock # and all. Hmmmmm.........

The worst car buying experience ever

by from San Antonio tx |

This place it's an absolute joke they were not willing to work with me what so ever in any way not to mention hidden "dealer service" fees because the truck was sent to the shop for a minor repair after it was traded in, in which I was told was the buyers responsibility to pay for. Very unprofessional dishonest and pressuring I would not go back nor recommend this dealership to anyone l. Once we had supposedly "come to an agreement" on paper then they couldn't go thru with it and I was back where I started this occurred many times. They kept telling me how Tim Duncan owns the dealership as if it increased the value of the vehicle. The whole trip was a total loss and waste of time. Will never go back nor recommend. A bunch of immature inexperienced employees that let 900 dollars cause them to lose a sale.

Sales.

by from San Antonio Tx |

So easy to work with!! Will recommend North Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep to friends.

Great Service

by from San Antonio Tx |

Great Job! Great customer service! Very satisfied customer.

Great Services

by from Houston Tx and San Antonio Tx |

I am very happy with my purchase. I was treated good with respect and courtesy. Thanks so much to mister Eddie Rodriguez my salesman.

Worst Dealer Experience Ever

by from San Antonio, Tx |

Never made good on any promises. I went in looking for a small car for better gas mileage. They got me in a car and then the problems started. It took them a long time to pay off my trade. I had to keep calling and asking but they did not pay it off before the payment was due and I traded it at least two weeks before the payment was due. Then I had the car a couple weeks and a passenger that got into the rear seat brought to my attention that there were stains on the rear seat. I called them to complain about this and they at this point told me it was used by sales associates. They never disclosed this before the sale. I had to argue and fight with them to get a full tank of gas which is standard at most dealerships. Then they finally agreed to try to get me another car but this was not the end of my problems. They wanted to do paperwork that would show the car as a trade which would get me even more negative equity. I have purchased many new vehicles and this was by far the worst ever experience with a dealership.

Commendation for Mr. Paul Shotter - Svc Advisor

by from San Antonio, TX |

I would like to congratulate Mr. Shotter for being an excellent employee of your company. I was treated so well when I had my car serviced. Mr. Shotter was very professional and provided an excellent service. I commend him for his excellent service. He is a valualble asset to your company. Many thanks, Alvin Arada Customer

Never works when tried to buy there

by from Boerne, TX |

I've tried to buy several cars at North Star Dodge; all attempts resulting in disaster. From the classic "bait and switch" tactics of 'that car just sold' to the car is there but the price suddenly went up, the buying side of the equation was a joke. If I did find a car I liked, the trade-in valuation was always very, very low. And, that is when the high pressure sales tactics usually start. Don't get me wrong; Chrysler and Dodge are making some great products, and NS Dodge often have some great inventory. But their sales staff have no clue about customer respect, courtesy and fair dealings.

North Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM responded to this review

May 29, 2012

We always try to get all our customers the best deal possible, unfortunately it doesn't always work. rest assured that we will consider your offer again

Service Rep John Cantellop

by from San Antonio, TX |

Service Rep John Cantellop went above and beyond his call of duty. I took my vehicle in for repair on 23 Feb and I told him that my spouse would take me to get vehicle after hours and that he can lock the keys inside the vehicle, well he did, my mistake. When I got there, I forgot to get the spare keys from my spouse and I could not get in touch with anyone to come and get me so that I can get the spare keys from my spouse, so he waited and when he realized that I would be waiting their for a while, he offered to take me to get the spare keys. When we got to the location, he offered to bring me back so that I would make sure that I was in my vehicle. To me that is above and beyond from his work ethics. I am so grateful for John to have done this for me. This gentleman needs to be THANKED AND RECOGNIZIED for his job well done. We need more people like John. John, thank you for helping me out. Sincerly, Luis E. Piedra USMC