Legend Kia

Service 888-902-0267

Legend Kia the Leading Kia Dealership in San Antonio, Texas

Best Price Mazda

by from San Antonio |

I shopped around the other dealers before settling with Legend Mazda. I know I got the best price possible on My new Mazda. It took a little longer than I was expecting, but within reason....

Left a bad taste in my mouth

by from Kerrville TX |

If you enjoy being insulted and treated like an idiot by an insincere sales staff, you will love Legend Kia/Mazda San Antonio. I have never written an online review before. However, because I had such an awful experience with one member of the sales staff at Legend Kia/Mazda San Antonio, I wanted to warn others. Despite the courtesy of salesperson Derek, and pleasant manner of paperwork-guy Victor, the insulting manner and game-playing of Derek's supervisor Russell left a bad taste in my mouth. I did buy a car there, but it was the worst car-buying experience I've ever had. I will definitely not return. Specifically, the game they played involved them writing down a number 3 or 4 times and asking me to sign it, confirming I would buy the car that day if they met that price. The thing is, when I walked onto the lot, I told Derek I was ready to buy for cash if they honored their online advertised price. Then after the test-drive, I told him again I would buy it that day for the online advertised price. Then Derek wrote down that same price and asked me if I would buy that day for that price. I told him yes, that's what I've already said twice! But he said his supervisor made him do this and he needed me to sign my name saying I would, so I did. So he kept me waiting while he went to confer with his supervisor. Then he came back with Russell, who did the same thing--twice--but with higher numbers, each time going back to an office to confer with someone while keeping me waiting. It doesn't make sense. If you already got me to commit to buy at a lower price when I walked in the door, why would I agree to buy at a higher price, especially after you keep me waiting a long time? Was this some type of a "good cop/bad cop" routine and they were sweating me out? Russell had evidently taken a 5-minute salesman's course on "How to Quickly Build Rapport" with strangers. He tried, but came across as insincere, and then proceeded to sarcastically insult me to my face during the negotiation process. When I told him how angry I was getting about his tactics, he continued his game-playing, and started directing his comments to my husband rather than me. On top of that, the sticker price on the car was $1000 higher than the online advertised price, and they said that was a mistake by their online third party administrator. They said they would honor it, but acted like it was a big accommodation. That was another thing that eroded my confidence in them. Russell so eroded my trust and goodwill that I was fearful the dealership was going to sabotage the vehicle while they gave it a "final detailing" during the paperwork-signing. When they handed me the keys I double-checked the VIN to make sure they didn't give me a different car, as well as the tires to make sure they hadn't switched them out to bald ones. I'm enjoying the car, but it's 2 weeks since the sale and I'm still hot about the buying experience. Whenever I've bought cars in the past, I've arrived ready to buy for cash, and it's always been an easy, respectful, pleasant experience. Not with Legend Kia/Mazda San Antonio. The experience there was legendarily bad--like what gives car salesmen a bad name. Odd sidenote: The showroom floor was decorated with 5 or 6 human-size cardboard cutouts of what appeared to be rats in various costumes. One rat was dressed in a marching band costume. One was dressed like a rapper. One was dressed in a nice business suit and had a pompadour haircut. It seemed like a strange thing to decorate a car dealership with. I wondered if there was some cartoon movie being released that the dealership was doing a cross-promotion with. After dealing with Russell, it makes perfect sense to me that this dealership would find rodents dressed as humans to be an appropriate way to decorate their store.

by from San Antonio, TX |

I recently ?purchased? a car at Legend Mazda. When I drove the car off the parking lot?they did not fill up my gas tank, which is the norm when purchasing a new car at a dealership. I went back to the dealership to get my free gas tank, my third attempt at it, and was ambushed by the manager, Collin, at the dealership. For one, he refused to re-fill my gas tank, telling me that I should?ve been there earlier?and to come back tomorrow. Again, this was my third attempt. Secondly, it turns out that the dealership did not properly finish the paper work on the sale. I was told that I needed to sign more paper work, but, with a different monthly payment that was agreed upon. I was told that they could not honor the monthly payment that they told me I would have. During this discussion Collin, the manager, was very rude with me and unprofessional. I felt like he was trying to take advantage of me and the situation. Maybe he thought that I would just give in because I am woman and was there by myself, at least, that is how he made me feel. I was so upset and felt so disrespected?that I told them to keep their car, and walked out. I emailed the Director of Sales, and the managers, the next day and informed them of my experience the night before: I have yet to hear from anyone on what happened. No apologies, not even an attempt at an explanation of what happened. Needless to say?I am very disappointed with my experience. I was so happy about my new car, I only regret that I dealt with such an unprofessional dealership. I would not recommend anybody to do business with these people. They do not deserve it!

Wonderful Experience in buying a car!

by from San Antonio, Texas |

I purchased a 2014 Mazda 2 from Legend Mazda and I have to say it was the easiest car buying experience I have ever had! The sales people were friendly, not pushy, knowledgable and helpful, The sales managers did every thing possible to get our deal to our satisfaction, which they did. This is the first time EVER I can say that when I left finance I was happy and pleased with my decision. I would tell anyone and everyone who is searching for a new or used car to visit Legend Mazda, it truly is the easiest in car buying!

March 13, 2014

Jody, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review! It is great to hear about happy customer experiences at our dealership. We are glad we could provide you the car you wanted at the best price! We look forward to seeing you at your first routine service appointment. Just give us a call to schedule!

Great experience...Awesome Salesman.

by from San Antonio, TX |

When I first decided to purchase my vehicle the only place that I felt most comfortable was at Legend Kia.. Everyone was super friendly and did not bug you, just let you walk around without asking you questions or following you. My salesman was the best he explained everything and kept trying to get me the best deal for my vehicle. I love my Kia Soul and he looked everywhere to find the exact one that I wanted. My next car will be from here and so will the rest of my families. Thank you for making my first car purchase an easy one.

November 27, 2013

Thanks Sereen, we really appreciate you business!! Give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you!

Great Service, Great Price

by from San Antonio, TX |

I was looking to trade my car in towards buying a used car. Since there are so many places to look, I decided to start online for leads. The car I found was a 2010 Ford Focus at Legend Mazda. My salesman, Jon Murphy, was very helpful and considerate through the whole process; before, during, and afterewards.

November 20, 2013

Thanks Sandy, we really appreciate you business!! Give us a call if there is anything else we can do for you!

Online purchase

by from San Antonio texas |

I tried for days to get a online price on a car filled out all question ask online. But all I got was sales pressure to come in to dealer.

November 12, 2013

Dear Gabe1, I am sorry to hear you're having issues getting quotes on vehicles your interested in, please feel free to look at our home page www.legendsa.com or call the dealership directly at 210-650-9969. And I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to send of a message about your experience. Respectfully, Legend Kia 210-650-9969

Awesome Expierience

by from San Antonio, tx |

Found the exact car I wanted and I was ablt to easily and painlessly get it at a price that I was happy with. The staff is Friendly, Knowledgeable, and helpful. I recommend coming here for your car needs. Any purchases in out future we are coming back ere. thank you Terry, Lifetime customer.