Gainesville Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

3000 N Main St, Gainesville, FL 32609

Dysfunctional Service Department

by from Gainesville, Florida |

I recently replaced the exhaust system on my 1997 Jeep TJ. I had difficulty accessing one manifold bolt without a lift and I also thought I might have the dealer shop replace the pads and hardware on my rear drum brakes. So, I took the Jeep down to Gainesville Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge on North Main Street in Gainesville, Florida. The shop had to order the rear pads, but apparently forgot to order the springs and/or the hardware. They also had difficulty finding "matching lug nuts" so I waited a few days for those parts to arrive. For one or two of the manifold bolts they needed some conical washers, which they did not have in stock. As the following week passed, I decided to take some lug nuts down to the shop. I also ordered a few Mopar conical washers from Quadratec, which were delivered to me in two days. I took them down to the dealership since they were apparently unable to order and receive them in a reasonable amount of time. Eight days and $680 after bringing the Jeep in they called to say the job was completed. Of course, I could have done the whole job for less than half the cost and done the job in 3 days. I just got the Jeep back this morning, so I have not been able to check the work. I fully expect that (1) they either screwed something up, or (2) charged me for something that they did not do. I take full blame for this because I failed to look at online reviews (like you are doing) before using this dealer's service department. Had I checked (and as you can clearly see), I would have quickly figured out that they get fairly good reviews for selling vehicles, but horrible reviews for service. Ian, behind the counter up front, was personable and sufficiently embarrassed, but I'm not sure anyone behind the shop doors understands their job. The labor costs reveal that it takes them twice as long to do something as I take, and I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a mechanic. At least in Gainesville, take your vehicle to a reputable repair service -- muffler shop, brake shop, tire and service center -- anywhere but here.

Terrible customer service

by from Gainesville, Florida |

We are into the fourth week of a part being back ordered for a 2012 Dodge Dart. We are out the money for the part and now the additional cost of a rental car because the car is not drivable. The service manager George and the general manager Bobby were incredibly rude. We've never in our life been spoken to so rudely when trying to address these issues. This is on top of a sales staff that continues to harass us to come in to shop for another new car! We will never shop there again, we will never own another Chrysler or Dodge product, and we will tell everyone we know to avoid them.

Stunningly good service!

by from Gainesville, FL |

My daughter is visiting from Texas and drives a 2006 Grand Cherokee. She needed her driver's side mirror replaced soI took the car into Gainesville Chrysler Dodge Jeep to have it replaced. The part had to be ordered and it came in promptly and at the price quoted. When it came time to replace it, the service rep handled it quickly with good humor and excellent service. The price was stunningly low compared to other dealerships. My experience has been that the service and parts departments of a dealership are the true salesmen of a dealership. I don't care how sexy, innovative or cool a car is...if the service is bad or too expensive, your driving experience will never be good. This dealership makes you feel welcome...is quick...and extremely affordable. I am thinking of buying my daughter a new jeep and if I do, it will definitely be at this dealership.

lying sharks

by from Gainesville, Florida |

Called the day before and told them what truck I was looking at and what truck I had to trade in and asked them if they could do the deal for that . They said sure we can get to that. So I come in and they lied about what the price was on the truck and only wanted to give me less then have what my truck was worth! They were 15k off where they told me they could be! I was soooooo mad..... Never again!!! The internet price itself was the same number they gave even with my trade in.....lies.

bad business practice

by from LIED TO |

yah they will get you in a car but will not tell whats wrong with BOBBY COGSWELL IS A BAD BUSINESS PERSON SO ISNT FRANK MANDETTO

Mrs B . W Micanopy, Fl

by from Micanopy, Fl |

bad place to do business , Beware < Went to get a new Car a few weeks ago . Normally would not write a review but this place got under my skin . you see a car on internet the price changes , the sale's people are very friendly until it gets down to the price and when you question them they get rude , once they think they have you . is when they go from nice to rude and that is when they jump around with the numbers be careful of this place .

Bad Experience

by from Gainesville, FL |

Terrible experience. Sales person was extremely rude from the start. Rude remarks, bad attitude. When I am about to spend a lot of money on a car I am not about to deal with that. I could have easily accepted the deal financially but because of the rude and pushy experience I went down the street and had a wonderful experience and went home with just what I wanted and a pleasant experience. Some people just have no class and it appeared others were not very friendly either.Very pushy, rude, and very uncomfortable to deal with.

A Wonderful Experience

by from Gainesville, FL |

Shoddy repairs - You will get fleeced and regret bringing your vehicle to these folks. 1. Lost 4 quarts oil on a 3 hour road trip due to them not putting the oil fill cap on correctly. This caused: 2. Loss of my alternator about 1 month later. They did not do a warranty repair despite their being a TSB on the issue, which recommended installation of a splash sheild they never ordered or installed. This also lead to: 3. Loss of my swirl motor - Also not covered under warranty. These folks are experts at milking extended warranties which I purchased with my vehicle. ($100 deductible for every repair). At least I can take my extended warranty elsewhere. I'm back to mostly wrenching on my own after a couple years of disappointing service here. I just called for their price on glow plugs. They changed 2 last Feb and their list price was $38. Today they said the list price was $58. Internet pricing at other dealers is ~$30-35. I'm not feeling the love. Wanting to stick it to me on glow plug prices was enough to get me to write this review. FWIW - It took me 5 minutes to change my failed glow plug which I got at the local MB dealer for $40. Stay away unless you have deep pockets, don't mind getting fleeced, and have a back up vehicle.

INVISIBLE

by from Gainesville, FL |

Upon entering this dealership I was patently IGNORED --- several sales people walked right by me repeatedly apparently unaware I was there. It was like being invisible. I determined this was a place I would never sign any contract

Gainesville Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM responded to this review

October 1, 2012

We are very sorry you were not greeted upon arrival. I wish you had given greater detail to help us correct any problems. I'm thinking you came on one of our very busy days and the sales staff were all with customers. This has happened a few times and we are constantly trying to increase our staff with competent people, which is not an easy task! Please accept my apologies on behalf of our dealership.

"I'll Have Another"--Triple Crown Treatment

by from Micanopy, FL |

Just like the Preakness Winner, when it comes to the Jeep sales experience--I'll Have Another! The sales, business and service staff were very courteous and even kept the lights on and the doors open on a late Saturday afternoon so my wife and I could watch the finish of the Preakness. Oh, and we did drive out with a brand new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this dealership to any prospective Jeep, Dodge or Chrysler buyers!

Gainesville Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM responded to this review

October 1, 2012

Thank you for the great review! We try to treat every customer as we would a friend visiting us at home. Hope you love your new Wrangler!