Bill Hood Ford Lincoln

1500 N Morrison Blvd, Hammond, LA 70401

New 888-856-6813
Used 888-837-5117
Service 888-460-8524

"Everything Automotive Under One Hood"

The Best Car Buying Experience.

by from Hammond, LA |

My salesperson was wonderful. He answered all questions I had on the trucks and did not try to push us to buy. The finance manager was extremely fast and I was pleased with my rate and monthly payment. Overall a pleasant experience.

The BEST Service!

by from Slidell, LA |

Mr.C J, it was a pleasure doing business with you! Thanks so much for your patience. Everyone of you were so professional and courteous! I have to admit, this was the BEST service we have ever gotten when buying a new vehicle. Chris was the most upbeat, friendly, very knowledgeable, business guy ever! The bed liner looks awesome, thanks Chris!

Great Truck Buying Experience!

by from Hammond, LA |

CJ Adams was the best salesperson I have encountered in many years. It was a pleasure to work with him! I felt pressured, as he let the truck sell itself. When I need to purchase another car or truck, I'm coming to see him. I will tell all my friends to come to Bill Hood Ford and ask for CJ! Thanks again!

Glad I bought my Car!

by from Independence, LA |

Happy with purchase! CJ the salesman and Adam the finance man did a great job! Thanks guys!

Thank you for your service!

by from Greensburg, LA |

I have given this dealership a 5 star rating because all the employees were very friendly and helpful. They helped me find a good car for a pretty good price. My new car is great on gas and has many technological advances.

Wonderul Experience

by from Hammond, LA |

We had a wonderful experience working with CJ Adams. He helped us in every way possible to purchase our new Ford Edge and helped us get it done quickly! Thank you CJ and Bill Hood Ford!

Horrible experience

by from Baton Rouge LA |

Horrible experience, the seller was apathetic all the time and when the price were discussed he went up to $ 1000 more and other charges 500. When I said no, behaved very rude. Also the car have a serious problem and the salesman just turn off the check engine light. Also the car have a serious mechanic problem and the salesman just turn off the check engine light.

My New Ford Purchase

by from Mandeville |

I have been to 3 Dealerships,with no luck. I never thought that we would ever find an honest and trustworthy dealership or salesman. Listen up everyone,Bill Hood Ford has a new showroom and an incredible salesman. It will be worth the drive if your in the buying mood for a new or used car. Be sure to ask for the best salesman we have ever met. CJ. Good old southern gentlemen. Very professional experience! Thank you CJ & Bill Hood Ford in Hammond .

perks and lacks

by from Baton Rouge, La |

It was nice to do the negotiations online since I did not live in the same city as the lot (visited it before). Then the problem came about when the car was sold but I would not informed of the sale. I quickly answered all proposals yet 2 day after no answer I called and was told the car had been sold. The management contacted me after I addressed that issue, stating they would help me search for another vehicle. I have yet to hear from them. Any way, instead of that 2007 I've bought a 2013.

Very Poor Workmanship and Unprofessional Attitude

by from Hammond, LA |

Recently I received a recall letter from Ford describing a recall that was potentially need if my vehicle matched certain performance problems occurring in my year model Freestyle. Prior to the service letter I had a check engine light come on and the related issue was to an EGR valve. As my vehicle was out of warranty I replaced the EGR valve and this seemed to clear up the check engine light and all systems ran as normal. Upon receipt of the letter I brought my vehicle to this dealership and consulted them about the recall which was for a reflash on the PCM/ECM and if it needed it. They decided to take my car in, but when I received it the check engine light was on and throwing several cylinder bank lean codes meaning there was a vacuum leak somewhere in the system after they disassembled everything and put it back together. My car was in the shop for approximately a total of 3 weeks where they could not figure out what the issue was. Throught out the three weeks tey continually told me they were trying different parts and very poorly documented the procedured they took to attempt a fix. Upon my final receipt of the vehicle the check engine light was off, but no sooner than i drove off of the lot did my check engine light return with a code saying that the EGR valve was not functioning properly. At this point I returned to a very rude manager who continually tried to cut me off and blame their incompetence to return my vehicle to its original operation on me replacing a part that had been functioning properly for weeks on me and in so many words refused service any further. This isn't to mention the fact that the second time I received my vehicle that several coolant lines had been removed and vacuum lines were unhooked. At this point I escalated the issue to further management who wanted nothing more than to give me a discount on buying a new low mileage vehicle from them. In Essence, Buyer Beware. I am supposed to feel that the dealer should be able to fix their own vehicles. At this point I will never purchase another vehicle from this dealer.

Bill Hood Ford Lincoln responded to this review

April 3, 2013

As Customer Relations Manager, I became aware of the customer concern referred to me by my assistant who does service follow up calls. I made a follow up call and listened intently to the customer's side of the story. After listening to her complaints, I spoke with the Service Advisor, two Technicians, and the Service Manager. According to all, we never replaced the EGR valve. From further questioning of the service Advisor, he stated that the customer stated her son had tests run on someone's diagnostic computer because of the check engine light on earlier. That test revealed the EGR needed to be replaced and that her son did so with an aftermarket EGR. She says this took care of the check engine light and until she received Recall Letter had no further issues. The vehicle was then brought in for a recall issue and both technicians who worked on this vehicle tell me the check engine light was on when they received it originally. Furthermore, customer failed to state that because of needing a vehicle to transport and care for elderly parents, we provided her with a complimentary loaner vehicle to drive for the entire period of time her 8 year old vehicle with 100,000 plus miles was here. The customer never paid nor was asked to pay for anything other than the oil and filter change and tire rotation that she authorized. When she picked up the vehicle she states the check engine light was not on and came on shortly after leaving the dealership. The advisor sent it back to the technician and determined the casing around the EGR was bent causing damage to the EGR and customer was informed it needed replacing because of it. She became angry saying the service department was blaming problem on her son. No one was blaming anyone but it is what it is and the casing is damaged. As for my own part in it, I had two meetings with the customer after the initial return call to her and listened to her relentless "conspiracy theory". Since her car is the age and mileage that it is and probably looking toward more expensive repairs as the vehicle continues to age and add mileage, I did offer to help her work a close deal in order to get her into something in warranty again. Unfortunately people do at times try to diagnose and repair their own vehicle and it doesn't always work out the way they intend. We earnestly tried to resolve this problem but cannot replace an EGR valve and casing without her authorizing payment. Finally I did invite her to have another Ford dealer check it out and she indicated the last time we spoke that she in fact was enroute to take it somewhere else. Judging from the date this comment went to you it would seem a second opinion had been rendered. She may not have liked the results as she was going to report findings back to me. I have not heard from her since. Apparently she is uncomfortable with using her own name as Taylor isn't it. I have worked with this company for over 17 years and the owners have a reputation for integrity dating back to 1929 when the first Hood dealership was established. Our sincerest good wishes to this customer for her peace of mind with her vehicle.

Bad Customer Service

by from Mississippi |

I was looking at a used H3 from Bill Hood but as I'm 122 miles away I started by calling and emailing. First I asked to double check and make sure the Hummer was an Adventure package (as advertised). Then I got a rough appraisal of my truck and when it came in at $11,000 (very low) I reiterated to the sales manager (I'll give them that it wasn't he I gave the information to orginally so he got it second hand) all my options. He then expressed that my truck was worth far more and told me to come in for a good appraisal. Upon making the 122 mile trip I was greeted warmly by the sales manager (Lenny) and handed off to a salesman. I can't remember the guys name but he's older and short with dark hair. We were presented with the Hummer that did NOT have the Adventure package. I was peeved but it was still a nice SUV and could have served the purposes I wanted it for so I still gave them a chance. After a drive I came back and we were presented with the exact same numbers as before. I informed him that he must have old paperwork and I was assured the truck was worth far more and worth the long drive. He went back to the man working the numbers (not Lenny) and came back with $12,000. I was getting pretty upset by this point. I figured they were just haggling so I tried on for a little longer to no avail. So I was insulted and lied to twice. I don't recommend this dealer to anyone as they knew I wouldn't purchase a vehicle under said conditions and still lied to get me in there to try to talk me into it. If they didn't lie about the options on the Hummer then it was incompetence. All they did was waste my time and money and put miles on my truck. I have to be honest and say the facility was decent.