Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville

(2.3) 3 Reviews

1515 E Jackson St, Thomasville, GA 31792

One Day Process

by from Talllahassee, FL |

Fortunately my experience was different from the previous reviewers. I purchased a F-150 for my husband without hassle. The only issue I had with the process was once I arrived to sign the paperwork the dealership added the extended warranty without notifying me in advance.

Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville responded to this review

December 19, 2012

We are so happy that you had a great experience at the dealership and you found an F-150 for your husband! We apologize that you feel we were not communicating with you during the warranty process. We hope that your husband enjoys his F-150! What a great gift!! Thanks again for your business. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions. Ed McLendon- (229)-226-5133

A shady Dealership

by from Thomasville, GA |

I not going to get into details, just shady car salesmen and shady tactics. Once you own the vehicle, don't expect them to help you if something is wrong with it.

Smooth transaction, just one problem

by from DeLand, FL |

I drove 4 hours from Florida to Griffin Ford to purchase a beautiful Mustang GT 5.0. It wasn't until I was well into the trip back to Florida on the highway that I realized something was wrong. The car wouldn't go faster than "top speed" due to myKey settings. I contacted the dealer the following business day to see if they could help. The only way to take the feature off would be to reprogram the key, which could be done at the dealer. I took it to a local dealer closer to my home and found out that the fee to do so is almost $500. I contacted Griffin again, who told me I could bring it to them and they would do it for free. That would make another 8 hour trip for me, plus mileage, plus gas, not to mention my valuable time. Their solution: ok, we will reimburse you if you do it at your local dealer but only up to $90. That's helpful. NOT. You know what would've been great? If I purchased a GT that could go over 80 without having an ongoing hassle. That should've been taken care of before I even arrived at the dealer. How unprofessional!

Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville responded to this review

October 6, 2012

Hello Lindsay! First of all, I am truly sorry for your trouble and we at Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville strive to satisfy every customer. It is unfortunate that we did not realize that the prior owner of the vehicle set the "mykey" restriction to 80 miles per hour, and we are willing to assist to rectify this situation; however, we cannot pay $500 to resolve this issue when it would only cost us $90 to do it here at Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville. I did make a couple of calls to Ford Dealers near DeLand, FL and I found that Coggin DeLand Ford will reprogram your key for $78 and add $30 if an extra key was needed. This is $108 plus tax. I spoke with a friendly lady named Dawn at 386-775-1000. Perhaps you could give her a call and we will gladly reimburse you the $108. I must say that I am surprised at your "unprofessional" comment because, we went well above expectations to satisfy you, especially Butch, who chose to stay well past 7:00 pm that Saturday night even though he had a prior engagement scheduled. He wanted to accommodate you, (his customer) and even though we close at 6:00 pm on Saturday, he along with myself and my two other managers, waited for you because, you were running late. Again, I apologize! I also appreciate your business! Sincerely, John Lilliston General Manager Griffin Ford Lincoln of Thomasville