City Chevrolet

2111 Morena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110

New 877-652-4066
Used 888-775-6382
Service 888-640-5982

Across the way from Mission Bay!

Friendly, honest, patient and trustworthy!

by from San Diego, CA |

I am VERY pleased to say that I had an exceptional buying experience at City VW on 1-2-14. What a wonderful way to start off my new year. I am confident I got a great deal on an amazing 2013 Beetle Turbo - completely loaded with every option and feature imaginable! I will highly recommend this dealer to my friends, family and co-workers. I am especially grateful for the salesman who assisted me with my new purchase, Mr. Rod Joyner. A true gentleman and a real pleasure to do business with. I simply cannot thank him enough for his patience and understanding last night (all 4.5 hrs worth) because I know I'm not the easiest person to please or impress, but he was able to go above and beyond to ensure my happiness. Thank you Rod and thank you City VW!

February 27, 2014

Dear Lisa. This is Marc Ong, Sales Manager and eCommerce Director for City Chevrolet and Volkswagen reaching back to you to Thank You for taking the time to post a review of your Auto-Buying Experience with City Volkswagen and Rod Joyner. We are so grateful and blessed to have Customers like yourself that take the time to express their experience with kind and gracious words. That goes a long way and I just want to say how grateful and privileged we are to sell you your Volkswagen Beetle. We hope we can retain you, your family and friends for a very long time. Sincerely, Marc Ong

City Chevrolet by the Bay

by from San Diego, CA |

I bought my used car in 2006. I have had service on my Equinox in the past. Had some unhappy moments regarding costs. Service department manager Jack Atkins was very helpful in making things better. I have returned for other services.

July 2, 2014

Hello Nam, We are so happy that you chose to purchase your Chevy Equinox at our dealership and elated that you continue to bring your car in for service after your warranty has expired. Keeping you safe is our #1 priority and know that having Chevrolet Certified Technicians using quality warrantied parts is the best way to accomplish our goal. Jack Atkins is a shining example of the type of support we provide our valued customers. Thank you for the kind note and we look forward to keeping you safe in the future.

Finance Department

by from San Diego, Ca |

I refinanced my 2012 VW Beetle through my Credit Union. I came in on May 2nd to cancel my GAP Insurance with the Finance Department. They dropped the ball, will not forward the cancellation to the GMA Group. After many failed attempts to reach the Finance Group, they still will not call me back. This is my second car I have bought from City VW and my last If a Finance Department treats a person like this after a sale my would I bother to buy a car from again. My sales person was great. My service guy is great but the finance department ruined everything. I won't be back to do any business.The GMA group is going to help me now and will be contacting City Volkswagen to give me my refund after six weeks of nothing!

June 26, 2014

Hello, I am Robert Miller, the General Sales Manager at City Chevy Volkswagen. Foremost, thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. We are very glad that you experienced excellent sales and service at our dealership, but feel awful about your experience with your GAP insurance. I personally would like to assist in anyway possible to help bring this to a resolution. When you have a free moment, please call me at (619) 677-6597 or send me an email at rmiller@city-chevrolet.com. I look forward to speaking with you and working towards rebuilding your confidence in our dealership.

by from San Diego |

A special thank you to Michael N. & Robert M. They made getting my "new to me" Impala easier than a trip to the market, I love the car and tell everyone how wonderful it was to get my car from City Chevy. Thank you so much!!!!

Got the truck I wanted at the price I wanted.

by from Calexico Ca |

Jesus Muņoz is the person to contact on new and used trucks cars etc. We talked over the phone fast response over emails he got me what I needed at a price I could handle. Thank you so much for your help and patience. I love my Silverado.

Car Purchase Feb 2014

by from San Diego |

FEB 2014 -- I liked their efficiency and professionalism. The staff was thorough in explaining all info. I especially liked the follow-up provided by Liza Abrahams from Customer Service. She was most responsive in arranging a timely follow-up on a minor paint touch-up.

2104 Jetta SE Lease

by from San Diego, CA |

I needed another car for a youth approaching driving age. My goal was a payment in the 200's and as little down as possible. My other was not be be in the show-room for hours while the salesmen upsold me and wore me down. I was able to fill-out the credit app over the web and ended up completing all the forms on my lunch hour! My entire time spent on this was less than 2 hours! Astounding. There was a little pressure to buy the excessive wear package at $20 more per month, but I could have said no. I got it because I want no chance of owning money for damages 3 years from now. The car! Wow, it is very nice and I recommend getting the SE for the 5 cylinders (standard is 4). It has a lot of pep. See Alex over there at City VW. He is a true gentleman!

February 28, 2014

Dear Carl. This is Marc Ong, Sales Manager and eCommerce Director for City Chevrolet and Volkswagen reaching back to you to Thank You for taking the time to post a review of your Auto-Buying Experience with City Volkswagen. We are so grateful and blessed to have Customers like yourself that take the time to express their experience with kind and gracious words. That goes a long way and I just want to say how grateful and privileged we are to sell you your new car. We hope we can retain you, your family and friends for a long time. Sincerely, Marc Ong

awesome place for buying a car

by from Chula Vista, CA |

I started out buying my first car through City Chevrolet/VW with Rod Joyner and my experience has been amazing and I went back a second and third time, I just recently purchased again with Rod Joyner and he is awesome. The service there is like no other I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to buy the customer service there from all the staff is outstanding they are all like a family and ready to help you get the best car with the best deal. Thank you so much!!!!

February 28, 2014

Dear Anita and Shelly. This is Marc Ong, Sales Manager and eCommerce Director for City Chevrolet and Volkswagen reaching back to you to Thank You for taking the time to post a review of your Auto-Buying Experience with City Chevrolet and Rod Joyner. We are so grateful and blessed to have Customers like yourself that take the time to express their experience with kind and gracious words. That goes a long way and I just want to say how grateful and privileged we are to sell you your new car. We hope we can retain you, your family and friends for a very long time. Sincerely, Marc Ong

Great Place for VW Service

by from San Diego, CA |

I've been taking my car to City for service for 15 years. I usually work with Shane, who is super nice and easy to work with. Recently there was a misunderstanding with a coupon I recieved for a complimentary service outside of my warranty, which they did accept and apply to my service even though it came a few days after. I appreciate that they went the extra mile to accomodate this!!

February 28, 2014

Dear KBPL1. This is Marc Ong, Sales Manager and eCommerce Director for City Chevrolet and Volkswagen reaching back to you to Thank You for taking the time to post a review regarding your SERVICE Experience with City Volkswagen and Shane Dehner. I apologize for taking such a long time to reply to your review. I want you to know how grateful and blessed to have Customers like yourself that take the time to express their experience and feelings with kind and gracious words. That goes a long way and I just want to say how grateful and privileged we are to have Service Customers like yourself. We hope we can retain you, your family and friends for a very long time. Please let us know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future. Sincerely, Marc Ong