Heller Ford Hyundai

1717 Auto Park Way, Escondido, CA 92029

Used 760-644-8250

Worst Dealer Experience Ever

by from Escondido, CA |

FYI. My 2011 Hyundai Sonata went to the dealer for repairs on April 28. Long story short, the engine needed a complete rebuild, covered under warranty. I took it to Escondido Hyundai. BIG mistake. It has been there since April 28, coupled with at least 5 different new issues, multiple attempts to give the car back to me not running correctly, and all related to the engine rebuild. Lack of honesty, integrity, communication, and customer service from the customer service personnel all the way to management only begin to describe my bad experiences there. This is a black eye to the Hyundai brand. I would not recommend anyone use Escondido Hyundai for anything. Period.

DON'T GET SUCKED IN! WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!

by from Oceanside, CA |

We are extremely dissatisfied with Heller Ford Dealership in California. On July 1, we went to the dealership to purchase a 2013 Ford Fusion in Oxford White. We had spoken to Sam and he asked us to come in because he stated he had the exact car we were looking for. Upon arrival, he told us he doesn't have the car, but he has a similar one in White Pearl Platinum and he will give it to us for the same price. At the end of the day, we purchased the car, however it was more expensive because he charged us extra for the color even though he said he wasn't. Also the sale man Justin stated that we were able to put the money on our credit card because they will approve it for the customer. He also said that when the car is in reverse, the car will alert us when we are coming close to an object. Both was false. We could only put 4k on the car, and the alert was for another model. When the car arrived, it was dirty and had scuff marks. Another salesperson cleaned it with windex, and rushed us along. No one helped explain the car, or its features. On top of that, they ran our credit even though we paid cash upfront. They lied and said it was mandatory, just so they can charge us extra. When we returned home, we found that the car tires were at pressure 20, when they were suppose to be 35. The trunk does not stay open on any slight incline, and that panel above the mirror on the drivers side keeps falling off. 3 weeks after our purchase, we decided to give the dealership a call because we haven't received our plates and registration. They told us to come in because we were missing paperwork. I don't understand why no one called us to notify this. On July 30th, we went to the dealership to pick them up, but we were ignored. Finally Susan from customer service appeared with the paper work, which we had already filled out when we purchased our car, since they needed our military id. 10 mins later, she came back and informed us that she made a mistake online, and to personally go to the DMV. However she said that she would get the plates and registration and Overnight and FedEx to us by Friday. It is now Wednesday, Aug 7th. We have called several times last week and this week. No one is returning our calls, and no one is giving us courtesy calls to update us on the status. As previous Ford owners, we never had a problem. We are deeply disappointed for making the hour trip back and forth, no one is helping, and we cannot get anything resolved because they refuse to take my calls.

NO INTEGRITY

by from San Diego, CA |

I went in to Heller Hyundai after researching vehicles, with the intent of buying a Sonata, but ended up buying a Tuscon. This dealership is a tyical stereotype of a car dealer. Bought the 2012 Tuscon which claimed gas mileage of 27. Actual gas mileage was no better than 22 or less. When I bought the suv it was because i thought best of both worlds, good gas mileage and an suv. Sales rep never said (and they knew it) that the gas mileage was misrepresented) that the gas mileage claim on the sticker was incorrect. This fact was proven in a class action lawsuit against Hyundai which was settled within two months of when I bought the car (August 2012). If I had known what the true gas mileage was, I would not have bought the car. Add that to misrepresentations and false information by the closer, "you must bring your car here to validate warranty before 7500 miles or your warrantly is worthless. And the sales representative, "when you get your survey as to how we did, you must put a 10, anything less is not good for us." Asked why she said "that's just the way Hyundai doe it". Lots of comments about a 10 is the only way to grade them. I will not recommend friends, or ever buy a car from them again.