Tuscaloosa Chevrolet

(3.3) 3 Reviews

6500 Interstate Dr, Cottondale, AL 35453

Bought a Smart car July 2013

by from Montgomery, AL |

I drove 100 miles to look at the car I had seen on their website. The salesman was very attentive, but often left me sitting while he checked on one thing or another. He said he had driven the very car I was looking at, but didn't know much about it. They let me test drive the car several times, with and without the salesman present. I decided to buy the car, and trade in my truck for it. They arranged for the loan then and there, getting me a lower interest rate than I had from my credit union, which pleased me. Waiting for the paperwork to go through took a long time; it seems their computers went down and they were helpless without them. All in all, I was there 5 hours, waiting to do the deal. I had a couple of related concerns. There were a couple of small dings on the edges of the doors. My salesman promised me (Yeah, yeah, I know....I shouldn't have believed him) that he would send me a small bottle of touch up paint the next day. It had to be ordered, since they didn't stock that particular color. It's now ten days later, and I don't have the paint. Also, there was only one key for the car. Since it is a specialized key (and expensive) key, the salesman told me he would contact the previous owner about getting that second key. Ten days later...nada. I have written two emails to the salesman about this. He finally answered the second one and told me he'd call me by Monday. I'm not holding my breath.

Tuscaloosa Chevrolet responded to this review

August 4, 2013

Ms. Manes, Customer service is a top priority at Tuscaloosa Chevrolet. We're sorry that your experience was not one in which you were completely satisfied. We hope to correct that and convince you that your decision to do business with us was indeed the right choice. With the limited number of Smart Car dealers in the US, touch-up paint for 2008 Smart cars is not as readily available as it would be for more common makes. However, we are continuing to work on getting the proper color and hope to have your paint in the near future. Please call Used Car Manager Steve Mabry at (205) 758-4451 so we may resolve this issue.

Great service

by from Ttown,AL |

Excellent customer service on a recall issue. Went out of their way to provide convenience and excellent service. Jennifer was very helpful with this issue!

Tuscaloosa Chevrolet wouldn't sell me a car

by from Tuscaloosa |

Today I tried to buy a car from Tuscaloosa Chevrolet. I wanted a manual transmission model, which is apparently pretty hard to come by. I had a specific options list and knew from Auto Trader that several cars just like I wanted were available within 200 miles. The salesman was very nice and helpful, however the finance manager Kim that he went through to make sure they could get the car and approve the price started pressuring me on financing. I said I didn't want to finance several times. She queried me on my finances and asked where I banked to call them to make sure I had the money. I didn't understand why she cared because if I didn't come through with my end they'd just keep my deposit. I signed a purchase agreement and knew if I reneged that my deposit was forfeit. She repeatedly hammered the point home, and even asked Bill, the sales manager, to come tell me that I couldn't change my mind. I was treated as if they were doing me a favor for going and getting a car, and I was made to feel like she didn't deem me worthy to buy that car. She basically tried to talk me out of it. Her attitude and demeanor I took as very insulting and I finally had enough. I was visibly upset, but still wanted to buy from the helpful salesman and the fact that I had a few accessories I planned to purchase and have installed in the next month and it would be easier to deal with a local dealership. I took a long walk and posted a status to Facebook where I said "Tuscaloosa Chevrolet is adamantly opposed to selling me a car for some reason." I voiced my concerns to Bill the General Sales Manager when he came to see me and he assured me they didn't want to talk me out of it. I spoke with him again a couple of hours later when I was better able to articulate all my thoughts and told him I felt very insulted. I said I didn't know if it was my appearance or what, but I was sick I was so upset. He apologized profusely and asked if I wanted to back out. I said I did, but for the reasons I listed earlier and since they'd already got the ball rolling that I was content, and I just wanted him to get the car as soon as possible so I could pick it up Monday. At no time did I raise my voice or cuss towards anyone in the dealership. 30 minutes after I'd gotten home, the General Sales Manager Bill called me. He said he'd received calls from people in the industry saying I was bad-mouthing the company all over Facebook. He said he'd apologized to me and thought he'd done everything he could to make it ok. He told me he thought it would be best if we just severed the business and he issued me a refund of my deposit and I could just buy a car somewhere else.