Tuscaloosa Chevrolet

(2.5) 5.0 4 Reviews

6500 Interstate Dr, Cottondale, AL 35453

Great service

by from Ttown,AL |

Excellent customer service on a recall issue. Went out of their way to provide convenience and excellent service. Jennifer was very helpful with this issue!

Stay away from the service department'

by from Brookwood alabama |

Our Chevy traverse overheated on a Friday and we had it towed to tuscaloosa Chevrolet. They, as promised, sent an email with an estimate on Monday morning. There was a host of problems they found in their $120 diagnostic. Besides the problem we knew about, they included new tires and brakes in our estimate which may be customary for them. But the big tickets repairs were a rack and pinion problem and a water pump leak. In total the estimate came in at $3200. We just wanted to be able to drive the car home and knew how to take care of the other problems ourselves. Because Jennifer wouldn't return our calls, we drove to the dealership and waited to talk to her. We asked her to find out the exact spot of our water pump leak to make sure it wasn't covered in a recent recall. When she came back from talking to someone in the service bay, she said " we can cut you a deal on the water pump if you do the rack and pinion with us". We said "no thanks, but we are taking care of that ourselves. We just need to do the water pump". The water pump was $677 and the rack and pinion was $1100. She reiterated that they would rather do the rack and pinion as well. We said again that we only wanted the water pump repair. Well.....she said no. She said we aren't going to repair the water pump if you won't fix the rack and pinion. We were floored. We looked at her like she was crazy and said, " so you won't fix the car?" She said no. We said take it off the lift and give us the keys. She said we would still owe the $121 diagnostic fee for telling us what was wrong. I have never heard of a place of business turning down $677 because they can't make $1100 more! The rack and pinion aren't even related to the water pump. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. And when I told Lloyd Wright, who responds to other reviews on this sight, he told me he would calle back ASAP about the problem. Well that was two days ago and I seriously doubt I will ever hear a word from him. If I were him, I would have recognized a potential customer and taken the hit for $121 fee. But he offered no such and barely even apologized. Tuscaloosa Chevy: not only will we never buy a truck from you, we will also never recommend you or your "services" (more like your runaround) to anyone ever!

October 14, 2014

We appreciate customer reviews and know they play an important role in the buying decision for many of today¿s consumers. As a dealership, Tuscaloosa Chevrolet takes ¿Customer Satisfaction¿ very seriously. We can (and do) make occasional mistakes. But, when mistakes happen, we correct them as quickly and fairly as possible; going above and beyond to make it right by the customer. We ask ALL our customers to review us, whether the review is good or bad. Then, to provide a true picture of our level of satisfaction, we include them all on our website ¿ good and bad ¿ for everyone to see. In just a matter of months well over 400 customers have written reviews. We invite you to visit the Tuscaloosa Chevrolet website to review a true depiction of our customer service at: www.tuscaloosachevrolet.com/Reviews Good or bad, you¿ll come to a more informed opinion about Tuscaloosa Chevrolet when you read a spectrum of reviews instead of reading only the posts of a few who may have a hidden agenda. Thanks. Tuscaloosa Chevrolet

Couldn't fix my truck and had for a week

by from Illinois |

Please do not go here service. I was from outta state my truck broke down and I took it here after a week and 2042$ it still did not run I had someone come get it. I took it home to another dealership had it fixed same day.

September 30, 2014

¿We want to do everything we can to correct this situation. At your convenience, please contact Loyd Wright at 205-758-4451. We certainly appreciate your business and want to let you know how important customer service is to us at Tuscaloosa Chevrolet.

Bought a Smart car July 2013

by from Montgomery, AL |

I drove 100 miles to look at the car I had seen on their website. The salesman was very attentive, but often left me sitting while he checked on one thing or another. He said he had driven the very car I was looking at, but didn't know much about it. They let me test drive the car several times, with and without the salesman present. I decided to buy the car, and trade in my truck for it. They arranged for the loan then and there, getting me a lower interest rate than I had from my credit union, which pleased me. Waiting for the paperwork to go through took a long time; it seems their computers went down and they were helpless without them. All in all, I was there 5 hours, waiting to do the deal. I had a couple of related concerns. There were a couple of small dings on the edges of the doors. My salesman promised me (Yeah, yeah, I know....I shouldn't have believed him) that he would send me a small bottle of touch up paint the next day. It had to be ordered, since they didn't stock that particular color. It's now ten days later, and I don't have the paint. Also, there was only one key for the car. Since it is a specialized key (and expensive) key, the salesman told me he would contact the previous owner about getting that second key. Ten days later...nada. I have written two emails to the salesman about this. He finally answered the second one and told me he'd call me by Monday. I'm not holding my breath.

August 4, 2013

Ms. Manes, Customer service is a top priority at Tuscaloosa Chevrolet. We're sorry that your experience was not one in which you were completely satisfied. We hope to correct that and convince you that your decision to do business with us was indeed the right choice. With the limited number of Smart Car dealers in the US, touch-up paint for 2008 Smart cars is not as readily available as it would be for more common makes. However, we are continuing to work on getting the proper color and hope to have your paint in the near future. Please call Used Car Manager Steve Mabry at (205) 758-4451 so we may resolve this issue.