Santee Automotive

Service 888-283-6394

The Better Way to Buy!

Awesome Experience!

by from Sumter,SC |

I have always heard horror stories about Santee Automotive ( recent name changed from stokes-craven). My husband & I decided to stop by and see what kind of SUVs they had in stock. I was surprised at how many 3rd row SUVs they had and the awesome deals going on! I knew i would never get the trade amount i needed to get into another car... Surprise again! We got almost excatly what we owed!!! I can now say i am a proud owner of a new 2014 Ford explorer!!! Thank you SANTEE AUTOMOTIVE... We will tell all of our friends. Call 803-433-5500 for the best deal in SC

Good services

by from Sumter , SC |

They did everything I asked them to do. They shared the invoice price, allowed me to utilize my employee match program, gave me the rebate and met my trade in request. It was a no pressure sale and handled mostly over the phone. The salesman spent extra time on a Friday night to explain the features and creature comforts of the vehicle...just a great experience overall.

bad credit but bought a new car =)

by from Manning,SC |

Quick, Simple & easy! I was scared about going to shop for a vehicle because, i knew my credit was shot! Santee Automotive got me in a 2014 chrysler 200 and i love it. Thank you again. I recommend you go see them and be amazed like i was.

Santee Automotive responded to this review

July 12, 2014

Donald, Thank you for you business. We strive to help everyone get in a car here at Santee Automotive. Thank You again, David Hill

Very shady

by from Sumter SC |

Avoid this dealership! I called about a vehicle before I traveled 45 minutes to see the vehicle. The sales rep never mentioned that there was very visible damage on both sides and the front end. The damage does not appear in any of the photos online. Damage was consistant with being side swiped. I had asked when I called about the condition of the exterior and interior was was told "no problems". I also asked about the recall on this vehicle from August involving the transmission as it was not showing on CarFax that it had been taken care of. The rep stated they didn't get the vehicle until September so it would of fallen on the previous owner to take care of the problem. When I persisted he said he would speak with the general manager, but he was sure that if there were a recall it was taken care of. When I arrived at the dealership and saw the damage I was upset. The sales rep said he didn't mention because he assumed that I was more concerned with the mechanics of the vehicle. When I brought up the recall involving the transmission he went to speak with the GM. Twenty minutes later he said a new transmission had been put in the vehicle, when I asked to see the records he then said the GM couldn't print the records but could show he the records on his computer. By the time we walked into the dealership the story had changed to "there's a $1000 billing on the records but I don't have access and we have to wait until the Service Department comes in but I'm sure it's a transmission." Very shady that the GM wouldn't have access, that the new transmission wouldn't be listed (if it were put in due to the recall) on CarFax, and that I wasn't told about the damage before arriving. I can't what else they hide at this dealership.

Poor communication skills.

by from Charleston, SC |

Found a vehicle online from stokes craven, called the dealer and they said it was still available as of Friday night. Drove from Charleston S.C. to purchase the vehicle on Saturday morning. The employee's could not find the vehicle. After 15 minutes they came back and said the vehicle was sold 3 days before. Thanks for allowing me to waste my gas and my time.

2006 Magnum

by from Upper Marlboro, MD |

AWESOME!!!!! Staff...... Thanks Drew and Mr. Bill!