John Thornton Chevrolet

1971 Thornton Rd, Lithia Springs, GA 30122

First time buyer

by from Lithia Springs, Ga |

The salesman (Mr. Hill) was friendly, helpful and made my first new truck purchase a great experience. I'm very happy with how everything turned out and want to say thank you!

Awesome Purchasing Experience

by from Douglasville, GA |

This was the first time we have purchased a vehicle from Thornton Chevrolet and it was an awesome experience. Our sales person Benji Dockery made the experience easy and we will definitely be back.

Great Customer Service

by from Fayetteville, GA |

I had scheduled an appointment for three non-safety recall items, plus the regular scheduled maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) and a "service wash" for my Silverado knowing that the work would take several hours to complete. I stayed at the dealership but was offered transportation as well as a loaner vehicle, though I didn't need to be anywhere else. When the work ran a little longer than originally estimated, my service advisor kept me informed as to its progress as well as the reason for the delay. As a complete surprise, the staff even brought me food from a nearby restaurant as we ran through the lunch hour (this was completely unexpected, but shows the length the Service Dept. will go for a customer). Everything was in order when the work was finished shortly after lunch, and I expect to be all set until the truck needs its next oil change.

Awesome customer service

by from Lithia Springs, Georgia |

Great atmosphere and work. Always reliable. I've been going to this dealership since I bought my 2013 spark. they always offer great deals and work repairs. They will always let you know if any recalls are available for your vehicle and offer to get those done while you wait. Awesome place

Very loyal customer

by from Villa Rica, GA |

I began my customer/car dealer relationship with Thornton Chevrolet in October, 1987. I had gotten ripped off by another Chevrolet dealer in the West Georgia area and had called Thornton's to see if they wanted my business. I was able to speak to John Thornton himself as he took my call when the dealer gave me his home phone number. I asked if whether or not he wanted my business. I then told him exactly what I expected out of businesses with whom I engage. He assured me then that he operates is no other than an absolute honest manner that ALWAYS places the needs of the customer FIRST. Because Thornton Chevrolet has operated exactly as John had promised, I have NEVER even had to consider taking care of my automotive needs anywhere else. Since 1987, I've purchased ALL my vehicles from Thornton's, (6), and I've had ALL my service work performed there. AND I'M VERY PICKY ABOUT WHO WORKS ON MY VEHICLES. In the past, I've bought a vehicle for my wife from Thornton's while I was driving down I-94 in Michigan while I was working as an over the road truck driver. Her car had suffered a serious transmission problem. John called me on the phone and offered to do the trade without consideration of the amount of money needed to replace the transmission. So, for anyone reading this review, do you REALLY need to wonder WHY I'm a very loyal customer of this business for over 27 years? You will find NO better car dealer of any manufacturer anywhere. Have confidence because there is no doubt they will treat you the very same way that they have treated me, because they treated me this way from the beginning and have never changed.

My experience with John Thornton Chevrolet

by from Marietta, Georgia |

My recent transaction with John Thornton Chevrolet was a very pleasant one. My purchase included everyone from the owner, his staff and sales, and service. I would not hesitate to recommend and purchase additional vehicles from Thornton Chevrolet.

Excellent dealership experience

by from Douglas Co., Georgia |

Everyone was super friendly and kind; very understanding and patient. It was a really cold day and our salesperson, Jean, was pleasant and happy to help us with our test drives and ultimate purchase of my 2014 Impala.

Very good people to deal with

by from Fairburn, Ga. |

The salesman took the time to make sure I got the truck and deal I wanted.

Great Service

by from Atlanta, GA |

I am impressed with the service and attention at John Thornton. I attempted to get work done at a non-GM shop and was quite disappointed. I will continue to come here. Staff is so very personable, facility well maintained and any questions about my vehicle are answered and explained with professional knowledge

Excellent service throughout every department

by from Lithia Springs, Ga |

I have been a John Thornton Chevrolet customer since 1994 simply because of the excellent treatment I have received whether purchasing a vehicle or having one serviced. Every member of this dealership gets the fact that great customer service builds lasting relationships. I recommend Thornton Chevrolet to everyone.