Dewey Barber Chevrolet

(3.7) 7 Reviews

90 Barber Blvd, Gardendale, AL 35071

Painless Car Shopping

by from Mount Olive, Al |

My Sentra had seen its better days. I had wanted to purchase a truck for the past 2 years but was hoping to make it till at least the summer before I shopped for one. However, life does not always coincide with your plans. The thought of having to go to a dealership gave me a headache. I was told that Dewey Barber was the place to go, so I took a chance. What I found was a very comfortable atmosphere! I did not have the usual pressure to "see this" or "see that". I was instead shown the types of vehicles they had which were in my parameters and given the information I needed to make a decision. Dewey Barber has the professional staff that completely changed my mind about purchasing a vehicle. I am very happy with the truck I bought and the process, that was in my opinion, quite pleasant!

Pleased Customer

by from Morris |

I've bought several vehicles at this dealership over the years and have always been treated fair. Over the last 90 days I bought my wife a new Equinox and myself a used Colorado Truck from salesman Todd Hope. His professionalism and friendly customer service made the buying experience very simple and enjoyable.

Hassle free

by from Birmingham, AL |

I was shopping online for a new Equinox and sent emails to dealers in my area asking about options and prices. Todd at Dewey Baber really went out of his way to send all the information and even sent a video walk-around of the car. He also was real upfront with the out the door price which made it very smooth when we arrived. I HIGHLY recommend Todd and all the nice folks at Dewey Barber. I am a busy mom and really appreciate sending me all of the information before I come out. So many are reluctant to give you any information before coming in.

Dealership Complaint

by from Pinson, AL |

Went to purchase a vehicle, they use gimmicks for prizes they never honor. When I declined the deal and wanted to shop elsewhere, the sales manager used my retired military status to degrade me in front of other people by stating I was "dishonorable" and other discriminatory comments. Avoid this dealership at all costs.

Very Happy

by from Warrior, AL |

I was looking to get out of a car that I bought one year ago that I was not happy with. I really wanted and Infinity. Instead I settled for something else last year. I had shopped several dealerships and no one else could make it work in my price range unless the car did not have a clean car fax. Marty Pennington at Dewey Barber was able to get me out of the car that I was unhappy with and put me into my Infinity. I am very happy with this car and my experience. Thanks Marty.

Up front and honest

by from Birmingham, AL |

I found a car I was interested in online and contacted the internet sales manager Todd. I have heard horror stories about dealerships so I was on my toes. Over the phone he told me everything about the car including honestly talking about a small scratch on the front. I was trying to stay in a certain price range and I found it. He told me he wouldn't tell me something over the phone just to get me to come in. From then on I was more relaxed. When I arrived I was greeted warmly and friendly. The car was brought around for me to inspect and it was just as he said it was. Non-smoker, one owner and drove very well. The buying process was quick and to the point. No running back and forth. Todd was genuine from start to finish. Paperwork wasn't a hassle. I have a family member who's looking for a vehicle and I will certainly recommend Todd and Dewey Barber Chevrolet.

No need for this

by from Pinson, AL |

I found a used SUV on cars.com I wanted to look at. I made an appointment and went in to look at it. The SUV itself was nice enough but the way I was treated made me get up and walk away. The person I made my appointment with wasn't there but the salesperson was ok and let me drive. After a test drive we went in to work it out. After I gave my address and a copy of my DL the salesman went to get my numbers. He came back wanting my credit info. I told him there ws no need for him to look at my credit. He said his manager had to have it to move on. I told him I had my financing already done(State Farm) and just needed a price. After about 20 minutes I finally got what I asked for. I made an offer. Off goes the salesman again to see his manager(William?). He comes past again saying he is going to get the owner involved. They didn't realize I could hear them I guess as they were trying to figure out how much they could "raise" me. Just as I decided to leave the salesman came back with a different price. I told them I was no longer interested. This is when I got to meet the arrogant used car manager. All I heard was what a great deal I was being offered and how I would be "stupid" to walk away from it. Walk away I did and I advise you to do the same.