Kemp Ford

3810 E Thousand Oaks Blvd, Westlake Village, CA 91362

New 888-850-3767
Used 888-670-9949
Service 877-462-7021

Kemp Ford. . . Doing it right since 1975!

Kemp Ford made it easy!!!

by from Thousand Oaks |

As well all know, buying a car can be a pain in the butt? This was not the deal for me. I came into Kemp Ford and the entire staff was helpful, accommodating, prompt, and took the time to answer all of my questions. They truly made my buying experience one to remember! I also appreciate the well-equipped waiting room with its great movie and unlimited options for a cup of coffee! From start to finish, a very pleasant experience!

Fantastic Service!

by from Agoura Hills, CA |

From the salesperson who greeted me on the lot to the sales manager and everyone else at the dealership, I was impressed by how friendly everyone was. I was there with my son who has autism, and everyone was very accomodating to his needs. (Though I ultimately decided to wait before I buy, the price on the model I was shopping for was excellent too!) I would definitely recommend Kemp Ford!

disorganized with poorly maintained cars

by from Ventura, ca |

Our buying experience with our Nissan Maxima was slow but not bad however our paper work ended up in a mess. Our names were miss spelled on documents and it was a total hassle getting it fixed. Our papers had to be mailed out 3 times to get it right and each time I called to get it sorted out I would get a different answer or a rude service representative. I got our proof of ins to them however they never sorted it out and we ended up with ins assigned to us which I had to call and cancel so we werent being double charged. I've heard its a waste to buy warranties on used cars however I'm glad we did because we have owned our car for 5 months and we have a cracked serpentine belt and a cracked oil pan and all the fluids need to be flushed. the warranty covers our oil pan after the copay but were on our own with everything else and although we are supposed to receive a rental car with the warranty we have to wait 3 days because if the part is over a certain price they have to send it in for verification. so now my husband is without a car and we fully regret purchasing from Kemp.

Phenomenal Experience

by from Panorama City, CA |

I recently purchased a used vehicle. The process was easy and painless. I worked the Steven on the price which was a breeze. I already felt that I was getting a good price. Bill is the sales manger which brought everything together. He worked diligently on obtaining a loan that would work for me. Overall, I had a pleasant experience.

Completely uninterested in Customer Satisfaction

by from Ventura County |

I purchased the transmission for my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis from Ladin Mercury last year on 3/1/11 when my car had ~101,000miles. Unfortunately, I had to take my car back to Ladin on 5/26/11 because the new transmission was leaking. I was provided a loaner vehicle from Ladin (i.e. an example of good customer service) so that I could get to my office. Unfortunately that repair was temporary (Ok, these things happen)and the leaking continued so I had to bring in the car a 2nd time to Ladin on 10/31/12 only to be told by Ladin that they had assigned its service on Mercury's to Kemp Ford because Ladin was no longer servicing Mercury vehicles. When I brought the car to Kemp for transmission repairs on 10/31/12, I was told that Kemp doesn provide loaners, so I had to expend out of pocket funds in the amount of $32 in order to get to my office, only to learn that by noon that day, the car was epaired So, during my lunch break that day I returned the rental car and picked up my epairedcar from Kemp. Within a few weeks the transmission began leaking again and so I attempted to get a loaner car from Kemp because it isn't right that I should be out of pocket more expenses simply because I was sold a defective transmission. On Monday 3/5/12 I attempted to make an appointment at Kemp Ford to get my transmission repaired on Friday 3/9/12, and I was told by the appointment desk person that they would call me back concerning my request for a loaner vehicle since I explained that this would be the 3rd time I have had to bring in the new transmission due to the fact that it continues to leak and it only has 12K miles on it. They did not call me back to confirm they would have a loaner vehicle. On Tuesday 3/6/12, I called Kemp Ford and asked to speak with the service manager, Mike Smith, concerning my problem, and to find out the status of the request I made on Monday. I was told by his assistant that he requested that I leave my phone no. so that he could call me back. As of 1pm on 3/7/12 I received no return call so I sent Mr. Smith an email detailing the problem. I received a call back from Mr. Smith later that afternoon re-iterating that they don't provide loaner vehicles and since I work too far away from the dealership I wouldn't be able to be shuttled to my office. I was then told that I could take the car to any Ford dealer that I liked closer to my office if I didn't like the service I was getting at Kemp. Guess they aren't interested in my business. I wonder if their sales manager would appreciate that approach. I doubt it.