Safeway Chevrolet

1320 Us Highway 117 S, Burgaw, NC 28425

New 866-505-5038
Used 866-490-5735
Service 877-438-7995

"Cars cost less in Burgaw"

A great day at "SAFEWAY CHEVROLET"

by from Southport,NC. |

Purchased a used vehicle from here a few days ago.The salesperson was JON POSS.First time I bought a used vehicle,in the past was always new. JON was not only a pleasure to talk with but I got no pressure from him whatsoever.He goes out of his way to make sure you,re happy and satisfied.He is very caring,my Wife was Impressed as well. We,ll be back to purchase a vehicle for my Wife.

A man is only as good as his word. Dealerships too

by from Rocky Point, NC |

Purchased used car in September 2014 only after dealership agreed to provide 2nd key/remote. This was the agreement of the sale by the owner, finance manager, and salesperson. Again the next day, owner and finance manager promised to provide a 2nd key/remote for my used car. I spoke to the owner and salesperson in October 2014 and was promised the 2nd key/remote. I spoke to the dealership owner again in November 2014 and he told me he would have a 2nd key/remote for my used car this week in November 2014 I would not have purchased the used car from the dealership unless it had 2 sets of key/remotes. I told them this before the sale. They promised me they would provide one if I purchased the used car from them. They obtained my purchase of the used car under the false pretense they would provide the 2nd key/remote for it.

Easiest Purchase Process Ever

by from Wilmington, NC |

The staff at Safeway Chevrolet made it so easy when I was looking to buy my daughter a car. I started by doing my research online, and was contacted by Mark, their Internet Sales Manager. He helped me narrow down my list to a couple of choices that made the most sense for what i was trying to accomplish. He then assisted me with beginning to get the financing done. All of this was done over email/phone. When I got to the dealership for my appointment I was greeted by a young salesman named John, who brought me directly to Mark. I think the whole ordeal at the dealership only took about an hour, from the time I test drove the selected vehicles, to the time I was walking out of the Finance Manager's office. I've bought dozens of vehicles in my life, and the finance manager, Mickey, was probably the most honest and most efficient one I'v ever dealt with. I would recommend these guys to everyone, its well worth the drive to see them. I would give them ten stars if I could!

Worst dealership ever!!!

by from Zebulon nc |

I bought a used 2008 Chevrolet surburban here in 2011. I have had the car 2 years and these are the problems I have had repaired.... 1.broken seatbelt latch within 6 months of ownership 2.have replaced alternated twice within 1 year of ownership 3.new batterywithin 1 year of ownership 4.both armrests fell off captains chairs with 2 months of ownership 5.cruise control stopped working about ) months after purchase 6.back door latch broke, wiring from back wiper burned into carpeting of car. 7. Blown tire and found out the tools needed to remove and change the tire where not in the car!!! I called and spoke with the sales manager about the tool kit for tire changes not being in the car when sold and he said he would "get back with me in a few minutes". I never heard from the man. So I'm sure it is partly my fault for not checking the carfax on this car because obviously it has been in an accident, but how can you look a mother with 4 kids at her side in the eye and sell her this car????? Wow!!!

Safeway Chevrolet responded to this review

September 6, 2013

On 9/6/2013, consumer did not speak to any manager at the dealership to voice any concerns or complaints. As far as a broken seat belt latch after 6 months of ownership, one can only assume that either consumer or one of her "4 kids" may have broken it as well as the back door latch and arms of the rear captains chairs. Any reasonable person with children knows the perils of wear and tear when there are children around. Odds are that the battery needed to be replaced due to the initial faulty alternator. With that said most alternators are warranted for more than a year so if the replacement alternator was defective it would not have cost the consumer any money to replace. As for the tire changing tool kit not being in the vehicle, the consumer foolishly states that is an "obvious" reason for the vehicle having been in an accident. So did the consumer have an accident as well in order to have that justification, or just a flat tire??? Bottom line, customers that voice their concerns will be treated reasonably and fairly; however the ordinary consumer realizes that there will be a time when components need to be replaced, and that having children riding/playing in the vehicle will undoubtedly put premature wear and tear on the vehicle. One could only assume that this consumer would blame the dealership for any stain that may appear in the interior as well, primarily in the rear of the vehicle, because its the dealership's responsibility two years after the fact. We think not.

Once they've got your money...

by from Jacksonville, NC |

As military stationed nearly 45 mins from this dealership, I contacted them regarding a specific vehicle Id been interested in buying. The salesman dealt with me over the phone for several days & once I found out Id been approved for the car I took my trade ins & headed down with a uhaul- prepared to move back west once the car was loaded. They pulled a switch-a-roo with the car, once the paperwork was signed they took me to a completely dif car, not fitting my criteria & insisted there was nothing else they could do. With two trade ins & a 2k mile trip they knew I was in a bad spot. From this point in the salesman was a jerk, the Vic was damaged while loading, I had to call because they forgot to reimburse my deposit & the salesman put me on hold 4 times before I was able to interject & change my address! Even now I've left several msgs with the dealership as I haven't received the title or any billing information. Once I signed my paperwork & handed over the cash this place treated us like garbage.

fair pricing and good serice

by from Hamsptead NC |

Lee provided excellent service and the finance manager was wonderful.. I liked that he could look at our credit score give us a rate and it was that easy. Lee was new at the dealership but was very friendly and helpful. If he didn't know something about the vechicle he asked instead of telling us incorrect information. I appreciated the honesty. thanks for a pleasant experence

Easy In, Easy Out !

by from Winnabow, NC |

was quite impressed with Safeway Chevy's overall sales process....it was quick & pleasant....we let them know what we wanted and where we needed to be (price-wise & monthly)...they did their best to get us there...the entire staff I was in contact with was pleasant & easy-going, made us feel relaxed and comfortable....from the internet mgr-to-salesman-to-closing manager....Safeway gets a big "A+" for an easy, comfortable transaction....Thanks Guys !

Excellent Buying Experience

by from Wallace, NC |

After being hounded by one Chevrolet dealership and being made to feel stupid by another Chevrolet dealership, I landed at Safeway Chevrolet in Burgaw and am so glad I did! I purchased a 2011 Equinox for $1600 less than the closest competitor. I would never go anywhere else!