Stott's Ford

(3.0) 2 Reviews

222 N Trade St, Tryon, NC 28782

Update to the review above - Great experience.

by from Greenville SC |

I wrote the previous review but what happened actually wasn't Stotts Fords fault. The fault lies with Road loans not communicating enough details with their customers. Cars.com won't allow me to remove the review so I'm writing another review to do justice to the good people at Stotts. I was able to work this deal out with Stotts with the help of a family member. They explained the issues with Road Loans and I don't blame them really. They were more than gracious and easy to work with. They made a bad situation we were in finally resolved with the purchase of a great car to replace the one that was totalled. The vehicle we purchased was in great shape and worth every penny and I can't thank Stotts enough for giving us a second chance at such a good car to fill our family's need. I will definitely make the trip to Tryon for any future car buying experience. Thank you Barry, Bruce and Mr Stott. This car means the world to us. And sorry for the previous review that I posted in the heat of anger before I had all the details.

Will not work with road loans.

by from Greenville sc |

My wife and I were looking for an explorer because our tribute was totaled by another bad driver. We found the perfect car in great shape at Stotts and got approved through Road Loans with eLoan. We've used them many times because I don't have the best credit but have a good income. After a week of driving to Tryon from Greenville zeroing in on buying the car they tell us they refuse to deal with road loans even though my wife who happens to be pregnant showed them the paperwork earlier and they said it would work. We even offered to let them hold the vehicle till the loan check arrived. They never really acted interested in us buying this car anyway - not to mention it had 6k more miles on it than was in their description. We still wanted it and had the loan in hand they told us to forget it basically. Its their business but its my wife that burst into tears and I would never recommend this place to anyone. They don't even offer financing options. Their loss, we found a newer one with lower payments that hadnt been wrecked or the mileage in description fudged with carmax where I bought my F150 Platinum.