Jim Armstrong Subaru

(1.8) 5 Reviews

2321 Us Highway 70 SW, Hickory, NC 28602

Good buying experience

by from Conover, NC |

I have been a customer at Jim Armstrong Subaru since 1998. I recently upgraded to a 2015 outback. The buying experience was great, no pressure, no haggling. They made me a price that I liked and I bought the car. The service department has always provided me with the best service I could expect.

What a joke on customer service.

by from Stanley, NC |

It took me days to get the right info on a used vehicle. I spoke or emailed several people and worked my way up to the owner, Jim Armstrong Jr. He was the ONLY person at the dealership that could tell me anything about the car. Why post it for sell when you have NOBODY there (salesmen and General Manager) who could NOT answer your questions?? And when Mr Armstrong answered your questions, no call back or email on your trade in value. How can a dealership stay open with such terrible customer service?? Avoid these people. They do NOT know what they are doing.

Poor customer service

by from Rock Hill, SC |

I've worked with 1 other Subaru dealership in Charlotte and I can definitely say "complete opposite"! I emailed this dealership twice for the eprice to no avail. I then did the quick chat that evening to express my frustration and ask if the vehicle was still available. It was and she notated mine and my husband's info and STILL no phone call the next day!! My husband had to pick up the phone and call them! Of course they wouldn't budge on price and after looking at the bad reviews of this dealership I am taking my business elsewhere. If only Folger Subaru in Charlotte had this car!! Do not get involved with these people. They are definitely NOT running a dealership, but rather working at a gas station.

Lousy experience

by from Hildebran, NC |

This dealership must have all the business it needs. I wanted to buy a vehicle from them and have a substantial down payment. I went to look in the car I wanted to get and a man who didn't introduce himself rudely asked for my drivers license and told me I could drive the car and to have it back by a certain time. He didn't discuss the car or features at all. When I returned, after getting lost (I had asked for him to go with me but he said we don't take test drives with customers so he wouldn't go) he wanted to know if I wanted to buy that car. Again he would not go over the features of the car. Before I left I had to ask him his name, he gave me a card with a name of Mike but he never actually said his name was Mike (or even Hello) so I'm not sure if it really was Mike. I asked about getting a different version of the same car but he just said they wouldn't be getting any in for awhile and that I could come back later and look again if I wanted. He never took down my contact info or offered a brochure. I had been there a time before because I live locally. That time I talked to a different sales guy and this time I asked to see two different cars and as he was showing me the second car a middle age man walked into the main office and started talking to an employee inside so my sales guy told me bye and ran to help the other guy. I'm female - I guess they only want to sell to men or think only men buy cars. I won't be going back there. The neighborhood is really seedy now and the dealership looks run down. When I was there I was the only customer there and there were 3 employees (all men) sitting inside doing nothing. The owner must be clueless.

very Poor service

by from Erwin, Tn. |

through car hunting on the internet I had found a 2011 Tribeca for sale in Hiclory N.C on the lot of Jim Armstrong. I e-mailed the dealer and asked the sales rep about the SUV. In formed them that I was interested. On the 16th of November I called the dealership and talked to a salesman to be sure that the vehicle had not been sold and that I was going to make the 127 mile trip to look at it. i also called the next morning to make sure that the 2011 Tribeca was still on the lot. I was told that it was and that they would have it ready for me to try out. I got lost on the way to Hickory but finally found it. No one was to be found when I arrived finally a man came out of his office. I told him who I was and that I was expected. He seemed surprised. I told him why I was there. He took me to the Tribeca which was dirty, gave me the keys and told me to drive it. I told him that I would like for someone to go with me since I did get lost on my way there. He informed me that he was "slammed" I asked him if there were anyone else there he told me that there were 3 others there and that all their names were Mike and that they were all managers. My 81 year old father was with me and he was appaled. I did get into the car and it would not start, the battery was dead. When I found someone to charge the battery. The vehicle had 5 miles worth of gas in it. I was told that it had 50 miles worth but the vehicle told a diffrent story. When I got back from my so called test drive no one was to be found with the exception of an older gentleman sitting at a desk. I handed him the keys and tags and left. Round trip of 277 miles a tank of gas and my check book went back home. I was ready to buy and pay cash. I would not deal with these people at all. They DON'T need your money. Oh yes did I mention that I am a woman!?