Hendrick Dodge RAM

(2.0) 4 Reviews

81 Mackenan Dr, Cary, NC 27511

Stay Away!!!!

by from Durham, NC |

From sales to services Hendrick Dodge, has been the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. The sales team with try every trick in the book to confuse you about what you are paying. I knew what to look for before I went in to buy, but I can?t imagine how many uneducated buyers they take advantage of. I have heard bad things about them before and the only reason I went to them was because they had the truck that I wanted. After I purchased my truck from them, the problems started, they failed to even register my new truck, I did not even find out until I got the tax bill in the mail for my old truck 2 months after purchase. So basically I was driving around for 2 months with an unregistered vehicle. After dealing with that and hearing horror stories about their service department, I decided it was not worth dealing with them even for the oil change package that was purchased with my truck. Next issue came about when I received a flat tire, I hit a rock in my neighborhood and when I pulled into my driveway I heard the tire gushing air. I pulled the rock out of the middle of the tread and figured I would take off the tire and put the spare on. At this point I jack the truck up and attempt to remove the tire, until I get to the lug nuts, I find out that the dealer has put wheel locking lug nuts on the tires. Great idea in theory, until the dealership does not give you the adapter key to get the lug nut off. At this point I had to call the dealership and ask them if they had it. They told me that they were about to close in 10 mins and that it was probably in my truck. I knew it was not in my truck anywhere, but I even looked again. At this point they told me that I should have the truck towed out there and the could look at it the next day. So I used my AAA to have the truck towed to the dealership 30 miles away from my house. So I had to use a sick day of work so that I could get my tire fixed the next day at the dealership. I did not hear anything the whole day from the dealership about the truck. At 2:30 pm they called me and told me that they don?t have the lug nut key and they would have to break off the lug nuts. Also that there was a hole in the sideway of the tire and it needed to be replaced. I told them that I know where the hole was and that I pulled the rock from the tire, plus I also marked where the whole was with chalk. At this point I told them to just put the spare on and give me my free oil change and I would be out to pick up the truck. I then get out there to pick up the truck, and they tell me magically found the key for the lug nut wheel lock which they gave me. So I drive home and figure I would take the tire to a tire shop the next day to get fixed. When I get back home I go to put back the jack and flat tire kit under the passenger side front seat, I notice a large nick out of the plastic door handle that exposes the black paint under my silver color truck. This was not there before that day, and the truck sits pretty high in the air. This dealership has shown no care in handling the vehicles they have so you or the vehicles they are servicing. Any small problem that you bring to them ultimately turns into a bigger headache for you in the long run. I would try to avoid them at all costs if you can. I know other people who have had similar dealing with them where minor problems turn into major headaches. Dealing with them has made me want to get rid of the new truck that I purchased just so that I don?t have to deal with them.

customer service

by from Roxboro, NC |

Just bought a new ram in march. During the process I made numerous calls to the sales associate and the general manager as well as sent emails regarding delivery, missing paperwork, and incentives. Return phone calls or emails are almost non existent. In my entire life I have never had as much issue when purchasing a new vehicle. I never received, and still have not to this point, received all of my paperwork to include the window sticker. I think I got what I paid for!

Hendrick Dodge RAM responded to this review

April 23, 2013

Mike, Thanks for your feedback. We are absolutely dedicated to making sure you are satisfied with your experience at Hendrick Dodge. We want to give you a call to see what we can do to help resolve the issue, but there's no contact info (or last name) in your review. Please call me directly at 919-388-4699 and I'll make sure we take care of you. Thanks.

Outstanding Service all the way around

by from Wake Forest, NC |

History of events: Selected a truck off the Hendrick Website that I as interested in at 1:45pm 1/23/2013 Received a call from Corp setting up a VIP meeting at 1:50pm Received a call and email from David Visted at 1:53pm Arrived at the store at 3:30 and walked out with my Brand New Dodge Dart at 8:15 PM I cannot say enough about the great service, respect, and overall experience I had with getting my new car. David listened to what I wanted and respected my indecision at first between a Ram 1500 and a Dart. The vast inventory enabled me to pick what I wanted to the exact specifications I was looking for. I am very pleased with my choice and I?m looking forward to going back in two years for my children?s vehicles. Sincerely, Mike Bumpass

Lacking Customer Follow through

by from North Carolina |

The Sales consultant told us they could make changes to the vehicle we wanted. And then when we pushed for it, they never called us back. Very Poor follow through. It is all about Hendrick and not the customer. Would not recommend them.