Bob King Hyundai

1601 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston Salem, NC 27127

Terrible service, terrible overall experience

by from Winston salem, nc |

I will never ever ever buy or recommend anything from this place again. Regretting EVERYDAY I bought anything from them. Terrible customer service. Terrible communication. Terrible repairs.

Satisfied

by from State Road, NC |

Satisfied My experience with this dealership was very satisfying. They knew that I had limited time and took into consideration my needs and addressed all my concerns. Everyone there that I met was courteous and professional. Even went the extra mile for me and delivered my car to my home.

Trade time ... by default

by from Winston Salem, NC |

I had been looking at and test driving various cars in an effort to select the best car for my work [insurance sales, on road]. Replacing my Hyundai Azera was not going to be an easy task. It was a great car for 8 1/2 years that served me well, was super comfortable, handled like a Caddy, and was the most reliable car of my life. Back in 2006 when I got my Azera, a LTD was $25K. They are no longer that inexpensive, so I wanted to get the best fuel economy, safety, and comfort I could for a decent price. I liked the Sonata Hybrid, but unexpectedly needed a car sooner than later [due to a mishap, not caused by myself], so I started looking at what I could get for little or nothing down. After test driving four different cars [one was a Ford Fusion], I was most pleased with the ride, handling, and five star safety rating of the Elantra GT. It has all the technology I need to do my insurance sales job, Navigation, Bluetooth, and so much more ... it's unbelievable what is on this car! It has so many ways to adjust the car and settings to meet my personal tastes and needs in handling, steering, fuel economy, safety, and technology, that it is truly a "personal" car ... set up to serve me. Robert Starnes was great to work with, as he is very up-to-date on his product! He knows everything about these vehicles and their engines. He knows how to program them after the sale, and he has been there for me in helping me understand and continue to learn how to use my car to its' potential. I really appreciate that he was very calm all the time. Buying cars is extremely stressful for me ... I would rather visit a dentist and have teeth pulled. This is the first time in my life that I didn't cry over the stress involved in purchasing a car. Usually my husband would have to come in and "dicker" with the sales people/managers, etc. There was no stress, no "dickering", no hassle. There were great offers made for my trade, and fantastic rebates available for owner loyalty, military, and other new car rebates that added up to savings I wanted. I also appreciate that I was not treated any different than anyone else just because I am female. I do my research, and comparison shopping through not only internet, but test driving other brands. The value in Hyundai simply can't be beat for the money. Other brands might have the same engine, but when you drive them, you will be upset with the excessive noise, and the lack of comfort and adjustments that are offered in the Hyundai. When you live in a vehicle like I do [it's basically my office on the road], you need comfort, ease of use, no concerns over reliability, no concerns over service after the sale, and no concerns about being left on a roadside broken down. The finance manager was wonderful too ... and worked out a deal to get extra protection for the exterior and interior, and other items on this car that will help the vehicle endure my excessive driving and mileage from my employment requirements. I drive double to triple what an average driver racks up during a typical year. I finally have a dealership that I can do "complete" business with [first time in my life] ... sales and service ... and Bob King even went the extra mile and set up the waiting area for the service department to be truly "useful" to business people that have to work while they wait on their cars. They took good care of my Azera, and now they will be taking good care of my Elantra GT, and keeping me on the road for work. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Trish Smith, NC Licensed Agent - HealthMarkets/Insphere Insurance

BEST FEELING I EVER HAD ABOUT SPENDING MONEY

by from WESTFIELD NC |

First Time Hyundai Buyer I had not taken many steps when this good looking, young and well dressed man came up to me and my husband and said, "Good morning, my name is Brandon Brendle and how can I help you today?" This young man was so nice and mannerly. We told him that we were interested in the Sonata and that we wanted a new car. He began telling us all about the Sonata. We told him that we like blue or light gray and he said I have just the car for you. He asked if we could give him a few minutes and he would bring out the car. He was only gone just a very few minutes when he came driving up in a beautiful Sonata. We got in it and drove it around. It drove like a Cadilac to me. The rest is history, Mr. Brandon Brendle was our sales person and he was most informative and very professional. Our experience with Bob King Hyundai today was most pleasant. We enjoyed everything about the deal except each month for 3 years we will have a payment. I guess we can enjoy the car while we are paying for it, Thanks to all the staff at Bob King Hyundai for taking the time to help us with the purchase of a new car.

Sold Vehicle before I could buy it. Don't go.

by from Avon Park FL |

I was interested in a vehicle. They told me they would get back to me the next day. When I did not hear, I called and they told me they had sold the vehicle to someone else without letting me know.

not as advertised

by from Hillsborough, NC |

I called the Dealership to find out what color an anvertised used Mazda Miata was, since the add said red but the picture was of a silver car. Found it was red. Not my color. We also talked about the transmission listed as a 6 spd stick. I came away with the impression it was a stick, only to find later it was an automatic - not what I wanted. Confusing, even though the woman who answered the phone was very nice...

Bob King Hyundai Rocks!!!!!

by from kernersville,nc |

these guys were great ! We've been to probably 30 diff dealers. My wife decided to trade in her dodge van for a 2010 Hyundai Santa fe at the time new. We got there @ 8pm and were done 9-915. They keep a nice line of cars with varying price ranges for options. the salespeople and management are very hospitable. Now I say this as a compliment about 30 days after driving home the santa fe.My wife started receiving surveys, follow ups, and a cd over the next 6 months!!!! It was great!!! The customer service is 5 star and I've been doing customer service for 15 years. Often sales people are trained to come at u. They don't do that. They will greet you and give you the opportunity to look around see what you like first. I'm always pleased with the service department as I don't like to wait but they'll tell us a time to pick up the vehicle and its often done before that. This dealership has a totally different approach to serving customers. We're from Philadelphia and found the experience to be not just rewarding but unforgettable, Thanks !!!

WE MUST HAVE LOOKED HOMELESS

by from lexington,n.c. |

Went to Bob King Hyundai today and what an utter joke. First off we saw an suv we liked and asked for info. We were stonewalled and maneuvered like a chess game after about 30 min. Without any info. I was ready to go. Then the salesman? Started showing us pics. Of the family...Really? Still with no answers to our questions. After walking out having already left contact info. We haven't heard a thing no call or email still regarding our questions. My husband even called asked for the manager who was to busy at the time to speak with us and left name and number to call us and still Nothing. PLEASE if you value your sanity DON'T go to BOB KING HYUNDAI.

Waste of Time

by from Kernersville, NC |

We spent over 5 hours here only to walk out angry and tired. We clearly told the sales rep that we only wanted a 5 year loan and what our monthly payments need to be. Eventually we found a car we liked and the sales manager showed us a monthly number that we would accept. It wasn't until we sat down with the finance manager that we realized they were trying to put us in a 6 year loan. On top of that the finance manager was very arrogant. He told me that everybody is doing 6 year loans now and dismissed my reasons for wanting a 5 year loan. He told me there are only two types of buyers: 1) price buyers and 2) monthly payment buyers (like me). What a jerk. He also told me that he was obligated by law to explain all of the other options that I should buy like extended warranties, gap coverage and even upholstery coverage. I eventually got up an walked out before completing the paperwork. The very next day I visited Flow Mazada in Greensboro and purchased the exact same car using a 5 year loan even though the monthly payments were higher. Flow Mazda in Greensboro was excellent and carefully listened to me on the front end of their sales cycle.

New Mazda 3

by from Galax, VA |

I highly recommend Bob King Mazda and David McGee (sales professional). I researched used vehicles online but ended up buying a 2012 Mazda 3. They worked very hard to make sure the monthly payments were where I needed them to be and that I was completely satisfied with the car. They follow up after the sale and answer any questions or concerns. I would definately recommend this dealership.