Bob King Kia

1725 Link Rd, Winston Salem, NC 27103

Avoid Bob King Collision At ALL Costs

by from Rural Hall NC |

I was rear-ended on July 14, 2015 in my 2015 Kia Forte that I purchased brand new 9 months prior. I have been happy with the Bob King Service Center so when I read a few positive reviews online about their Collision Center, I was happy to have them perform the repair, which they were able to quote about a week after the accident. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks and leave me with a car that is "good as new." Today is August 25 (6 weeks after the accident) and my wife and I just made our THIRD unsuccessful attempt to pick up the car that Jeff Sapp has told us is "done" and "ready to go" three times now. When I arrived after getting the first phone call assuring me that the car was done, I discovered that the driver's seat frame was totally broken during the accident and totally overlooked by Bob King Collision Center. In addition, the trunk was misaligned with major gap issues as was the rear bumper. Jeff Sapp assured that all would be fixed. A week and a half later, my wife and I show up to pick up the car because I was assured that it was "ready to go" and "fixed correctly." We found that the driver's seat was indeed fixed, but even my wife instantly noticed that the trunk still had gap issues on one side and the taillight on the driver's side was protruding nearly a HALF INCH farther out than the passenger side (Jeff suspected a broken taillight?) After assuring me that he'd "get it fixed" this time, Jeff Sapp called me apologetically on the way home and told me that he "had to be honest with me" that the trunk wasn't fixed the "right way" this time, that they had tried to adjust and "massage it into place." This time, however, they were going to disassemble, paint and perform the work the "RIGHT way." Today, after receiving my third phone call from Jeff Sapp assuring me that the car is totally done, my wife goes to pick it up and finds that the trunk still has gap issues (including a few nicks in the paint around the taillight) and now the car has overspray on it from where the trunk was repainted. Jeff Sapp, again, tells her that they'll "get it right" and gives her the excuse that "this is what happens when work is rushed." Note: even though it has been SIX WEEKS since my accident, I haven't rushed Bob King Collision Center a bit during this process. In fact, in the beginning, I even told Jeff to take his time and that I'm more interested in a quality repair than a quick one. Tomorrow, Jeff claims, the car will be done. We have been very understanding and very patient during this entire ordeal, but my patience has run out. If you're in the Winston-Salem area and looking for a QUALITY repair after an accident, take your car ANYWHERE except Bob King Collision Center. There is a serious problem when my stay-at-home-mom wife who has no auto body experience can pick out issues that Jeff Sapp must have missed before he called me THREE TIMES to tell me that the car is ready to pick up.

Will never buy another car from Bob King

by from Winston-Salem, NC |

So being a female buyer, I am always prepared when I purchase a new car. I do my homework. I started by going to Kia.com and doing the build and price for the 2016 Kia Sorento and selecting the applicable down payment amount and dealer incentives. Pulled the dealer trade in value on my 2007 Kia Sorento and pulled a copy of my credit report and my credit score (mid 700 range). This would have been the 4th time I would purchase a verhicle from this dealership in the last 8 years. My first two purchases were wonderful, third one not so much. I spoke to the sales manager, told him about my previous experience and which vehicle I was looking to purchase and that i was not looking for a repeat of my last experience. Negotiation - tried to sell me the car for more than $2000.00 over the build and price amount. Got upset when I showed them the printout from their own website... More negotiation - Tried to offer me $2000.00 less for my trade than the dealer trade value. Told me that the trade amount I was asking for (which was $1000.00 less than the top value obtained) could not be offered. Finally get into the finance office (after waiting 3 hours, leaving to have dinner and coming back) and was told that even though the website gave a price for the vehicle and provided the incentive amounts for being a current Kia owner and trading in a Sorento for a new Sorento and providing 2 interest rate options based on loan term, proceed to tell me that the final price they quoted me (matching the build and price amount on their website) - and hand wrote out on a piece of scrap paper and made me sign earlier that afternoon - was no longer going to be offered to me (in writing by the dealershp themselves) because I was not eligible to get the interest rate amount as well as the loyalty discounts offered by Kia. Needless to say, I walked out of there without buying a thing, went down the street and spent the same amount I was prepared to hand over to Bob King Kia on a much larger and better value vehicle. Purchased a Nissan Armada with twice the towing power and double the room of the Kia Sorento. Thanks to Bob King Kia, I am now a Nissan owner!

Dishonest dealership with bad business practices!

by from Greensboro, NC |

Do NOT go to Bob King Kia! Lied to twice! They sold the car that I had a deposit on to hold and that the manager said was in such bad shape they were going to pull it off the lot. I was looking for a very inexpensive used car. Since I had credit issues I thought this could help my score. I had requested a low down payment with low monthly payments. To my surprise Brian Pelcher was able to get that done. Brian suggested that I put down a deposit to hold the car till Saturday (March 7, 2015) since that would be the first day I could come in to do business. On Tuesday I got off work and drove the car to my mechanic. My mechanic found a very bad oil leak, coolant leak, grinding with acceleration, and other problems. I was told by my mechanic that about $1000 in repairs would be needed. The carfax showed the car had been side swiped with moderate damage on the left side front to rear. Ready to negotiate price I learned that Brian was not working Wednesday. When I drove the car back to the dealership Stephan told me that since the mechanic found so many problems with the car his manager said the car was going to be pulled off the lot and not sold. He couldn't imagine how that car got on their lot. Brian called me back late Thursday and I told him what the mechanic said. I asked Brian if that car was my only option. Brian said, ?I don't know. I will ask my manager and call you back?. I got a voicemail from Brian at 2:30pm on Friday saying he wanted to touch base on the car. Since I was working I called Brian back at 5:10pm and left a message on his voicemail. After no return call I began calling Brian at 9:30am Saturday and left another voicemail. Brian finally picked up his phone on my third attempt to reach him Saturday. He told me that car had been SOLD! I said but you had a deposit to HOLD the car for me until TODAY did that not mean anything? He said oh you gave us a deposit? Well hold on we will refund that to you and we don't have anything else in your price range hold on and I will transfer you. At this point I asked for a manager. Scott said he will look into what transpired and call me back... oh and the refund 7-10 days to process... we will see! Now about the company they had arranged financing through...after researching...I was not pleased. The company has many bad reviews. People saying once they payoff the loan they are still being harassed for more money and are unable to get the title. To the person who bought the 2005 Elantra...good luck!

I was completely satisfied

by from Arcadia NC |

I went in to save some money and get out of an upside down car I couldn't afford anymore. Mike and his team made me feel comfortable and confident they could work out a deal and I now have a brand new 2014 Kia rio. I cannot speak higher about their services and sincerity. These people have changed my perception of the car buying process and I will be forever grateful. Thank you so much!

2015 Kia Sorrento Lemon(dissatisfied customer)

by from Winston Salem, North Carolina |

I purchased a 2015 Kia Sorrento and when I went for my first oil change at 5400 miles, on way to vacation, I was informed it had major oil leak, A BRAND NEW CAR with major oil leak, I call that a LEMON! To make things worse, the sevice dept tried to get us a rental but couldnt find something comparable (7) seat. I asked if they could provide a car off their lot and they refused! Told me they could have it done in an hr. That remains to be seen! I will never buy a Kia again!!!! I previously owned a new Saturn Vue and didnt have problems with it while we owned it! Lets hope it holds up for our 500 mile trip!! Thank God for their warranty and the cookies, only thing worth going back for!

Good buying experence

by from Mt Airy, NC |

This was my third new Kia Sorento purchased from Bob King Kia. I has already met Mike Blankenship on a previous visit. I called Mike two days before and told him what options I wanted, color, model, etc. When I arrived at the dealership he had the car ready to test drive. It had already been detailed and was almost ready to go. The entire buying process was completed in about three hours. Everyone I met at the dealership was very friendly and helpful. I have no complaints about Bob King Kia. They are there to sell cars and they will go the extra mile to accomidate the customer.

Not as great an experience as I first thought

by from North Carolina |

I bought a car yesterday at Bob King Kia and I was very happy. After six weeks of research and hours of looking, I had finally found exactly what I was looking for. However, when I took it to my trusted mechanic this morning, I had to have over $2000 worth of work done to it. When the salesperson tells you, "The advantage of buying from us is we are a reputable dealer, we have a great shop, and all our cars are gone over before they go out on the lot," that means the car has had a safety inspection, period. The sales manager made that point very clearly to me when I spoke with him this morning. I bought from them rather than some of the fly-by-night dealerships that also advertised good deals, but really, there was absolutely no advantage in doing so.

New car purchase

by from Winston-Salem, NC |

I was just given a 2014 Kia Forte as a gift from my 93 year or Dad. I was totally unaware that he was going to give me a car. He was the one that went to the dealer and picked the car out and made the deal with them. After he gave me the car - he and I had to go back to the dealer for me to sign the paperwork. My Dad told me that everyone at the dealership was extra nice and kind to him. I found that to be a true statement when I met with them. Donna was the one that handled all the paperwork for us. She was so kind, polite and informative about everything. She explained all the paperwork to me and told me all about the warranty until I fully understood everything. After signing the paperwork - I met Keith, the salesman. He and I sat in the car and went over everything so I would fully understand how everything works. Before I left the dealership, Donna and Keith both told me to call them with any questions I may have. I felt very comfortable with them both - someone you could be friends with. I would recommend anyone to chose Bob King Kia. Oh - the most important thing - I LOVE MY NEW CAR!

Would not recommend bob king kia

by from Boonville NC |

Would not recommend this dealership. We were lied to on multiple accounts. We bought a brand new Optima on April 1st. During the sale George Welcome told us about the oil change program. He said it was "oil changes for 5 years". knowing they recommend oil changes every 5k miles, I asked "what if someone drives more than 15k miles per year?" He stated they limit it to 3 oil changes per year. I quickly did the math in my head and decided it was worth it. When the oil change card came in, it was good for only 10 oil changes. That is not 5 years worth of oil changes. Next, Jay Barnes was suppose to fax our insurance company some paper work. After 2 days and 2 calls later, I finally just brought the information to the insurance company. Jay up sold us on GAP insurance. When we found out our car insurance company offers new replacement, we contacted him to cancel the GAP. He said if would be no problem, but to wait til the end of the month (April). We contacted him around April 25th. He said he would take care of it. We have not seen anything else about the matter. There has been no refund, and our statements don't show a removal of GAP. Next when we bought the car, the passenger side headlight had a manufacturing defect. It had splay in it. (Small cracks due to moisture at the time of molding.) It was in the head light when we bought the car. We brought it back to the dealership after washing the car for the first time. They took the car and "polished" the headlight claiming they were scratches. That is a used car parlor trick that should NEVER be done on a brand new car. Now 2.5 months later the headlight is discoloring due to their "polishing". I brought the grievances up to them and they don't seem to care. I even wrote the general manager of the dealership a letter, we never heard anything from them. I would NEVER recommend bob king kia. If we don't have to take the car there for the oil changes, it will never see that dealership again.

Excessive sales pressure needs to stop......

by from Clemmons, NC |

I have to agree with some of these post, sales pressure was so high, I could not even leave without meeting other Bob King Sales associates and managers. I have to say that sales people were very nice, some even knew the cars very well. My sales person seemed to be a car buff and really knew his stuff but shifted to a higher gear of pressure when I asked to think about it. FYI: this dealer has a dealer prep fee of $600. So with tag and tax, expect almost a $1k add to the purchase price. Bob King's staff need to know that buying a car is the second biggest purchase of your life right behind your home! It not something that needs to be timed with a stop watch.