Adventure Subaru

Service 877-872-6004

Service in the Nelms tradition

Low pressure

by from Bella Vista, AR |

This dealer ship treated us like family. Very knowlegable about their product, analyzed our needs and wants. They negotiated the price of the car separately from our trade in. Every time we are in for scheduled service they know us by name. We always feel important when we enter the dealership.

Best Experience in Arkansas!

by from Fayetteville, AR |

Hey... these guys are "A" OK! I was waiting for the bait and switch when we went in to buy a new car for my son. Matt, Justing and the Finance Mgr. TJ were true to their "no haggle" sales model. We had very little discussion on what price we were trying to get to. They quickly got to a fair price on the new car AND on our trade-in. We had done our homework to validate the deal we were looking for and they were on the mark on their offer. No salesman attitude if you know what I mean! Refreshing car buying experience! We are now a happy owner of our first Subaru from Adventure Subaru! JC and NC

Not willing to work for car deals

by from Fayetteville, AR |

My family and I came into the dealship last week, and wanted to look at a few different models. We drove the Legacy Hatchback, and this wasn't the vehicle for us. It was close to closing time for them, and we offered to come back. They said we were fine, and we continued to look at the Forester and Outback. We wanted to drive one of each, to see which one we liked the most. The salesman was wanting to run the numbers first to see if we were close where we wanted to be. We wound up arguing about what was best, test drive or numbers? It's a no brainer to me, why do I care about numbers if I'm not interested in the car? We did not test drive, and ended up worlds apart on trade. I was honestly offended by their offer, Markus was unwilling to raise his trade offer. My family and I went out of state today, and purchased a 2015 Forester. The dealership we bought from gave us much more for our trade, and a great deal on my 2015 Forester. Adventure will get to provide the service for my Subaru, and we may give them another chance when we buy again, so far we love the car!

Great experience

by from Afton, OK |

Over many years, I've bought, sold and traded in many cars. My experience with Adventure Subaru was unique and very good in several ways. I was interested in a used vehicle that isn't a Subaru, and contacted them via email. They responded right away. When I asked questions (and expressed doubts) about how a late-model "dealership owned" Mercedes came to be listed by a Subaru dealer, they called with an explanation: the car belonged to the dealership owner. When I told them I lived nearly 2 hours away, they did something I've never had happen before - sent me a realistic ball-park range for the value for my trade-in so I wouldn't make the trip if I didn't think they would offer enough. I made the trip, they inspected my car, and while I expected to be offered the bottom of the range they had quoted, they offered 500 above the range, saying "it's a really nice car" (which it is). Seriously, I don't think I have encountered that level of just straight-forward honesty at a car dealership in my life. The price of the car they were selling was reasonable, so while I had walked in not expecting to buy that day (if ever), I walked out with a new (to me) vehicle. Everyone we met (and we met several sales people plus the sales manager) was great - personable, friendly, and again, honest with us. The finance guy, who also was personable, unlike just about any other finance guy I've met, even showed us some tricks for making Windows 8 work better. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Excellent Buying Experience

by from HSpencer |

The first thing we experienced in entering the dealership was a feeling of warm welcome from the first employee we met. We had an employee recommended to us already,so we asked for him. We expressed our interest in the Outback and the Tribeca. We were shown both and the employee did not rush or suggest we do this or that, simply showed us what we asked to see. It was a relaxed and comfortable experience, the best automobile experience we have ever had. Something was very different about this dealership. It was about helpfulness and kindness in showing the products. The employee was extremely knowing in his products. We traded a car in and got a fair deal and we were very happy. We were given what I call an excellent run down on how to operate everything on the vehicle. We left assured that in the future, our car will be well taken care of. Also, the business manager was outstanding and did not keep us waiting or linger on anything. We can say this was the best buying experience we ever had. Thanks to all at Adventure Subaru!!.

Thinks women are stupid

by from Fayetteville, Ar |

I came in on a Saturday and test drove a couple different vehicles. Found one I liked, and when speaking with Marcus Hall to make some kind of deal he tried to low ball me a lot on my trade in when I questioned him about his price he explained how much they were selling at auction. That would have been alright if I was selling to an auction, but I wasn't. My car is older but has very low miles and is in very good condition. I finally just told him the kind of deal I wanted and he laughed and asked if I liked fishing. When I asked why, he said we just need to change the subject. At that point I felt he was talking down to me and treating my like I was stupid. I had done my homework and check different sites for prices, checked Kelly Blue Book and other resources so I would be ready to talk with someone about making a deal, and my offer was more than fair for both of us. I don't know if it's because I am a woman or maybe it's because it was close to closing time but either way it does not make it right.

Adventure Subaru responded to this review

July 25, 2013

Here's a couple of bullet-points that are germane to the situation. A) The trade wasn't here (We are always careful when trying to bid a car that isn't on the property) B) I made a stupid joke. The joke was made "off the cuff" when smart cookie wanted $4000 more on trade than the price we could buy the same vehicle at auction. Plus she wanted another $3000 off our deeply discounted Subaru. We don't miss many car deals by $7000....but when it happens, I'd just as soon go fishing! Marcus

Just bought a Kia Optima 2012 @ Adventure Subaru

by from Bentonville, Arkansas |

I came in on a saturday and they seemed busy. Every employee was with a customer doing something. I walked around for a bit while waiting for my salesman to finish with his customer. My sale agent was Justin B and Matt was the approving manager. I have to say that I had a good experience today at their facility. No one seemed to aggressive or snotty. The best thing for me was the price they were willing to give me. There was a $4 charge for something, but nothing else unexpected. Straight shooters and very relaxed.

Way above the average dealership.

by from Fort Smith, AR |

My wife and I have purchased multiple vehicles - seven total - Outbacks, a Forrester, and a Tribeca from Adventure Subaru. Most of the cars were driven in excess of 100,000 miles before trading. All maintenance and any normal repairs (brakes, filters, etc.) were done at Adventure. The process of buying and trading with them has always been a pleasant experience - and fair in our opinion. The service department is great. As we both travel a great deal in our work - independently of each other - we depend on them to keep everything in top condition. We have not been disappointed even once in 500,000 Subaru miles. If you have a chance to do business with these folks, we highly recommend it!

Excellent Customer Service

by from Fayetteville |

I went over to just look around and see what they had. My dad asked me to go by and "at least give them a shot" before a made a final decision. I had been shopping for a couple months when I went to Subaru. I met with the General Manager and CE a salesman my dad referrred me to. They offered me $1500 more on my trade in than any other dealership in the area. They also gave me an amazing deal on a new 2013 Subaru Outback. I was there for about 20-30 minutes and I was sold, and drove her home the next morning, didn't have proper insurance to drive away in her that first night or I would have. I have been back for a couple service appointments since then and recieved several follow up calls after buying my car just to check on me and make sure everything was ok and that I liked my car. I had no intention of getting a Subaru until I went there. I will go back and get another after this one also. The best customer service possible, friendly service department, and excellent product. Not much more I could ask for. Thanks Adventure Subaru!!

Very difficult to work with

by from St Louis |

As a "reformed" (aka former) car salesman, I have been involved in hundreds of car deals as either the buyer or seller. I have never experienced the resistance to make a sale I encountered at Adventure Subaru. While they would negotiate long-distance (I'm in St. Louis), and their price was very competitive, they underbid my trade by thousands of dollars, according to KBB and NADA Guides. When I asked them to adjust their prices or give me a reason behind the low bid, they replied "that's what they go for at auction", and presented me with a list of cars not including trim level information selling at various low prices at auction. I told them I'd be happy to give them auction price for my trade if they'd sell theirs for auction price as well. Nope. A few days later, they lowered the advertised price $500, which I was more than willing to pay. Lo and behold, when I called them to give them a down-payment and make arrangements for delivery, my trade-in was worth $500 less. At this point, we were within $200 of a deal. Rather than accept "meeting in the middle", their sales manager e-mails me to state that he "re-assessed the deal, and we're now $1400 apart". I called to inquire what the issue was, and he told me that we'd "negotiated too long", and that "another customer had just put a down-payment on the car". No surprise, a week later, I received a e-mail stating that the car was still available if I was interested. I replied to the salesman that while I really wanted the car, I in no way wanted to do business with his Sales Manager, due to the dishonest game playing that had gone on. In all of my years selling and buying cars, I have never experienced these "old-school" sales tricks in-person, nor do I ever want to again.

Adventure Subaru responded to this review

December 3, 2012

Surely someone reading this review can appreciate the level of honesty we must display with a customer that is planning to drive 13 hours round-trip to trade cars. We didn't let Seth drive all that way and then change the deal. We gave him a number and he didn't like it. Seth doesn't know us. Seth has never met us. Seth thinks his trade is worth a lot more than we did. Sometimes you just can't come to an agreement. This isn't the first time Seth has sent us email's saying we're being "dishonest" and using "old-school" tricks over a $200 discrepancy. After a few of those email's we decided it was better if Seth found another dealership to do business with. Good luck Seth. No hard feelings.