Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store

4801 Coldwater Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825

New 888-485-7965
Used 888-484-5659
Service 877-468-2541

Don't Worry, Drive Happy!

Stumping for Justin Stump

by from Bluffton, IN |

Justin Stump is a wonderful communicator. By that I mean he is very friendly over the phone and discusses clearly all tasks that need to be performed on a vehicle. While the service on our car was being performed Justin made it possible for us to have a nearly new Genesis to drive. When Our car was delivered back to our hone it had been thoroughly washed on the outside and cleaned on the inside. Kudos to Glenbrook Hyundai and Justin Stump for taking great care of our car. He carries the Hyundai banner very high!

Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store responded to this review

November 20, 2014

Bob, Thank you for your kind review! - Aaron

Terrible Service

by from Kendallville, IN |

I spent all yesterday and then today trying to find out how much it would cost to fix my car and if it would be covered under my warranty because my check engine light came on and the code was P2562- boost control position sensor "A" They kept telling me they can't tell me how much it will cost until I pay 100 dollars for them to do a diagnostic test, which I already had done for free. So I ended my chat with them told them I wasn't going to be using their services because I spent 2 days trying to get an answer and their customer service is horrible. My dealer called me right after that and told me that he had called that same hyundai dealership told them the code and that it was sensor A because that is what i told my dealer and gave them my VIN number and they then told him that it would cost me 140 to fix it, however they lied to me and told me they couldn't give an estimate until they knew exactly what was wrong after I make an appointment with them that would cost 100 dollars for the diagnostic test.

Unhappy customer from the Happy Car Store

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

This dealership only cares about the sale --- nothing after the sale. They were late in paying off my trade in and therefore caused late charges to the old loan. The salesman, Cody, does not answer phone calls and quits responding to emails. "He is busy." Would never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Hari is a funny guy!

by from New York, NY |

Hari Luker is a very funny guy. An honest guy. Very professional. Keeps his word. Too bad someone beat me to the sale!

Excellent Buying Experience!

by from Warsaw, IN |

Just returned home with our new Santa Fe GLS, and we couldn't be happier! This was the first time we'd been inside a dealership and not felt intimidated or pressured. All the sale staff we dealt with were extremely friendly, courteous and professional. They worked very hard to put us in the vehicle we wanted at a price we could afford. After the sale was complete, our primary salesman Cody spent the time necessary to explain the features of our new SUV, and even linked our iPhones through the Santa Fe's bluetooth. We were very impressed and pleased with the level of service. We wouldn't hesitate to come back again, and will refer our friends and family in the market for a vehicle to Glenbrook Hyundai. We feel we walked in the front doors this afternoon as customers but we left as family. Overall, the was an excellent buying experience!

Best Experience !

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I had the best car buying experience ever! The salesperson was so nice and informative, I had no questions unanswered. There was no high pressure. For the first time I did not leave the car lot wondering if I REALLY got a good deal. I have been telling all my family and friends about Glenbrook Hyundai and my exceptional salesperson Aaron Cox.

Unprofessional unethical salesman

by from indianapolis, in |

Made a deal with salesman on saturday 12/14/13 to purchase a impala listed on internet.When i called salesman on monday 12/1613 he told me car had been sold. According to the carfax they provide this car was sold at auction on 12/9/13.Car was not available to purchase. I was lied to.This is why good dealers get a bad name because of dealers like this.I spoke to sales manager on 12/17/13 and he was no help and had no answers.I would not deal with any of the Glennbrook auto family unless you want to waste your time and be treated rudley.

Service Staff at Glenbrook Hyundai are World Class

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I've owned 3 Hyundai autos. I have currently a 2011 Sonata Turbo 2.0T. Very happy with the performance and quality of all three Hyundais. During the past few months my Check Engine light has been coming on and Glenbrook's service staff did everything they could to determine what was causing the light to illuminate. The third time was in mid-October, just a few days before I had to begin a lengthy drive on business into Western and Upper New York State. I was apprehensive about making the trip without having solved the Check Engine Light mystery, fearing that I would be stuck in the wilds of Northern New York without a reliable place to service my car. I explained my concerns to Justin Stump in their service department. He seemed to understand the urgency of my situation. So, I left the car with him on Monday, October 14th, and Justin set me up with a loaner car. He kept the car until Wednesday, October 16th. I picked the car up on that Wednesday evening and immediately began my drive to New York. All went well that day and the next. No Check Engine light! No other problems. I was delighted. I was even more delighted when I received a call late the next day from Justin Stump. He called to make sure that they had resolved the Check Engine Light issue and that the car was performing faultlessly. They had and it was! I've been driving for about 55 years, and in all that time, this is the first and only time that any dealer's service tech has bothered to follow-up on anything. Glenbrook should be commended for employing people like Justin Stump. It shows that they really take the customer service business seriously. Justin, too, should be commended for his care and perseverance. Richard Whissen

Fraudulent Business Practices!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

My husband & I purchased a 2009 Hyundai Sonata from them 4 years ago & had a good experience. But unfortunately, my most recent purchase was awful. I won't bore you with all the details, but besides being "misinformed" (or lied to) about the used vehicle I was purchasing, they also sold me a car that needed repair work done totaling about $300 that they KNEW ABOUT but never informed me of before selling me the car. I have proof because 2 weeks after my car purchase I had to take it back in to have the oil changed (yes, they never checked to see if the oil needed changed before selling it!). Anyways, the paperwork they gave me from the oil change had "Previously Declined Recommendations" on it totaling about $300 in repair work. When I asked the Service Department about it I was told that ?that info should have been deleted from the system?! That is deceptive & fraudulent and THESE ARE THEIR NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! General Manager is aware of my complaints & finally got back with me last week letting me know he's ?just been so busy? but that he would address my concerns at their next weekly meeting & get back with me early the following week. Thursday morning (of the week he said I?d hear from him EARLY IN THE WEEK) I sent him an e-mail letting him know I wasn?t too happy that I hadn?t heard from him yet & that I expected to hear from him by the end of the day. Well, guess what?I?ve heard nothing out of him. Guess he's too busy again to deal with a customer complaint. I'll be filing an official complaint with the BBB and Dept of Consumer Affairs. They should have their business practices audited! The Happy Car Store has a Very Unhappy Customer! I would advise you to take your business somewhere else, especially if you?re looking at buying a used car.

Do not use service center!

by from Marion, Indiana |

My husband took his car to Hyundai in Fort Wayne because I was out of town when his engine light came on. We purchased the vehicle brand new on a lease at Ray Skillman in Indianapolis. The guy in Fort Wayne had my husband sign a paper stating he would pay $90 for the diagnostic but told him not to worry "it would probably go away" due to the warranty. We were charged $120! The service center told my husband he needed a brand new engine in his 2011 sonata!! I could not believe this! The car is brand new under warranty and this didn't make any sense to me. Hyundai in Fort Wayne wanted us to pay $5000 for them to work on the engine that is under warranty. When I called Ray Skillman in Indy the employee couldn't believe I had been charged. When I called Hyundai in Fort Wayne to tell them I wanted my money back he told me my husband signed a legal document and I was out of luck. He also told me our car has never had the oil changed and he had to flag our vehicle (whatever that meant). I have all the documentation to prove the oil has been changed numerous times and we have 3 vehicles we take to the same Jiffy Lube for years and have never had a problem. The engine light was still on so I took it to our local garage. The guy couldn't believe what we were told. He said the guy was obviously trying to rip us off we under NO circumstance need that kind of work and he looked up the hyundai recommended mileage for oil change and its 7500 miles....we change at 3000! Please safe yourself the trouble and find a reliable service department. I dont know what their hiring practices are but the service dept. will rip you off. It is so unfortunate to come across people of this nature.

Nothing but trouble

by from Wabash oh |

Bought a 2005 new and have had nothing but trouble and now at 64,000 miles, the repair man at hyundai is just putting parts on and can't repair the car. The check engine light is always on and they can repair it. I would NEVER send someone over to buy one. They offered to "buy" the car back, but offered me an insulting price for it. They just want to make money off of me.