Glenbrook Hyundai - Happy Car Store

4801 Coldwater Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825

New 888-485-7965
Used 888-484-5659
Service 877-468-2541

Don't Worry, Drive Happy!

Fraudulent Business Practices!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

My husband & I purchased a 2009 Hyundai Sonata from them 4 years ago & had a good experience. But unfortunately, my most recent purchase was awful. I won't bore you with all the details, but besides being "misinformed" (or lied to) about the used vehicle I was purchasing, they also sold me a car that needed repair work done totaling about $300 that they KNEW ABOUT but never informed me of before selling me the car. I have proof because 2 weeks after my car purchase I had to take it back in to have the oil changed (yes, they never checked to see if the oil needed changed before selling it!). Anyways, the paperwork they gave me from the oil change had "Previously Declined Recommendations" on it totaling about $300 in repair work. When I asked the Service Department about it I was told that ?that info should have been deleted from the system?! That is deceptive & fraudulent and THESE ARE THEIR NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! General Manager is aware of my complaints & finally got back with me last week letting me know he's ?just been so busy? but that he would address my concerns at their next weekly meeting & get back with me early the following week. Thursday morning (of the week he said I?d hear from him EARLY IN THE WEEK) I sent him an e-mail letting him know I wasn?t too happy that I hadn?t heard from him yet & that I expected to hear from him by the end of the day. Well, guess what?I?ve heard nothing out of him. Guess he's too busy again to deal with a customer complaint. I'll be filing an official complaint with the BBB and Dept of Consumer Affairs. They should have their business practices audited! The Happy Car Store has a Very Unhappy Customer! I would advise you to take your business somewhere else, especially if you?re looking at buying a used car.

Do not use service center!

by from Marion, Indiana |

My husband took his car to Hyundai in Fort Wayne because I was out of town when his engine light came on. We purchased the vehicle brand new on a lease at Ray Skillman in Indianapolis. The guy in Fort Wayne had my husband sign a paper stating he would pay $90 for the diagnostic but told him not to worry "it would probably go away" due to the warranty. We were charged $120! The service center told my husband he needed a brand new engine in his 2011 sonata!! I could not believe this! The car is brand new under warranty and this didn't make any sense to me. Hyundai in Fort Wayne wanted us to pay $5000 for them to work on the engine that is under warranty. When I called Ray Skillman in Indy the employee couldn't believe I had been charged. When I called Hyundai in Fort Wayne to tell them I wanted my money back he told me my husband signed a legal document and I was out of luck. He also told me our car has never had the oil changed and he had to flag our vehicle (whatever that meant). I have all the documentation to prove the oil has been changed numerous times and we have 3 vehicles we take to the same Jiffy Lube for years and have never had a problem. The engine light was still on so I took it to our local garage. The guy couldn't believe what we were told. He said the guy was obviously trying to rip us off we under NO circumstance need that kind of work and he looked up the hyundai recommended mileage for oil change and its 7500 miles....we change at 3000! Please safe yourself the trouble and find a reliable service department. I dont know what their hiring practices are but the service dept. will rip you off. It is so unfortunate to come across people of this nature.

Nothing but trouble

by from Wabash oh |

Bought a 2005 new and have had nothing but trouble and now at 64,000 miles, the repair man at hyundai is just putting parts on and can't repair the car. The check engine light is always on and they can repair it. I would NEVER send someone over to buy one. They offered to "buy" the car back, but offered me an insulting price for it. They just want to make money off of me.

Brand NEW VELOSTER!

by from Fort Wayne IN |

The process took a very small amount of time to complete my lease agreement and went very well. I decided to get a vehicle that was just taken off the truck so they had to run it through PDI. I was there about 4 hours but the salesman Chris really went the extra mile to make sure I was well taken care of and even helped the team that washes and cleans the cars out to get me out of there fast. He never made me feel like I had to run my credit first before I looked at the vehicle and even let me take one home Friday night to make sure I really liked it. Great team of people at Hyundai! Love my new car and the fact that I can go in there and be taken care of like Chris did for an extended amount of time! Thanks Chris and Shane for your hard work and dedication!

Nice Car Buying Experience

by from Carmel, IN |

I purchased by 2013 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec at Glenbrook Hyundai. Chris Jasso was the salesperson that sold me the car. He was a great help in making the process quick and painless. It was one of the easiest car purchase experiences that I have ever encountered. Thanks Chris!

I too had a bad experience with this dealership.

by from Ft Wayne IN |

I was told that the factory warranty would extend to the 2010 Sonata I purchased and the difference I was quoted was around $4,000. I was in a hurry because I had a lot of junk in the vehicle I was trading in. I was quoted and presented the offer of $4,000 difference and had agreed to this, I was running late for work so was signing forms without reading them thoroughly. The "closing" manager had added $2,242 and titled it "service contract" They have a sign posted to get everything in writing. The original offer of $4,000 difference should have been honored. The additional $2,242, will cover approximately 48,000 miles. The sales person said the factory warranty would cover these miles. I realize the dealership makes 50% commission on each warranty they sale, however this additional $2,242 puts me up side down, I now owe over $20,000 for a vehicle that has a book value of less than 14K. Not happy.

Buying experience at Glenbrook Hyundai

by from Fort Wayne IN |

Excellent buying experience at Glenbrook Hyundai for a new Santa Fe Sport. Dealership was able to locate vehicle with exact color combination and equipment that we wanted at a competitive price. Entire buying process went well. Worked with John Purdy to finalize the deal and for the pick up. He was very professional. Highly recommend dealership and John specifically to anyone looking to purchase a Hyundai.

Integrity in a Car Dealership ... It Exists HERE!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I?ve purchased and sold many cars over my lifetime. Never have I had a better experience than with John at Glenbrook Hyundai (The Happy Car Store) in Fort Wayne, IN. Our youngest son needed to trade in his older model car so we decided to start looking around. He had a couple vehicles in mind that interested him and added the Hyundai Veloster to that list when his older brother mentioned it to him. After the test drive, he knew it was the right choice for him. The look and feel of the vehicle won him over but with a 34 mile roundtrip daily commute for work, the gas mileage increase topped it off. He didn?t even bother to test drive another car. John made us a deal we couldn?t refuse so he?s now the proud, HAPPY owner of a Hyundai Veloster. Thanks John for making this an actually enjoyable car buying experience for us all! P.S. We?ll be back to test drive the Genesis coupe for the hubby ? soon!

Excellent experience

by from Fort Wayne, Indiana |

LOVE our new Genesis. Salesman (Cleveland Brock) was very easy to work with, and we didn't feel like we were "getting worked over" by a car salesman. He's very honest, and knows EVERYTHING about the car and all the perks. Got a great deal, very willing to do whatever it took to make us happy. Kurt (the finance guy) made things a breeze for us (it could have been the stellar credit rating), but we got the feeling that he treats ALL his customers like a number 1 priority. Slid through without any problems. This will most likely be our last car purchase, but if it's not, going forward, all our cars will be Hyundai's sold by the good folks at the Happy Car Store.

Great buying experience.

by from Columbia City,In |

Stopped into the lot at Glenbrook Hyundai just to look at their offerings. Roughly 3 hours later, we are driving a new 2013 Elantra home. We were greeted by one Justin Stuckey. We told him what we were looking for, and this would be in trade for a 2008 Pontiac G6. Took a 2013 Elantra Limited for a test drive, went back to the dealership, crunched some numbers, gave a little, took a little... All's well that ends well. Now, don't get me wrong.. Justin is VERY good at his job,for the dealership and for his customers. Maybe some additional dickering would have netted us a bit more of a gain, but my wife and I feel we were treated very FAIRLY. Personal service, and a painless purchase. As a military veteran, I qualified for a 500 dollar discount. As I needed to submit a copy of my DD214, besides bringing the second set of keys from the trade in, I stopped in the dealership the following day. While I was there, Justin showed me around the dealership, which by the way is very modern and customer friendly. Sorry for the sheer volume of words here, but in a nutshell..Very pleased.