Don Ayres Honda

New 877-256-1285
Used 877-259-4978
Service 877-289-5760

12 Time President's Award Recipient

Was not looking forward to this at all!!!

by from Fort Wayne, Indiana |

Looking for a smaller car with better gas mileage. Was trading in my SUV. I had no idea what I was doing. Recently divorced after 30 years together. He handled all of this stuff. My first worry was I was a woman. Thought I would be taken advantage of because of my lack of knowledge of cars. Then I met Caleb Craun at Don Ayres. Not once did I feel any of the emotions I worried about. He was honest, caring and very knowledgeable about all of my questions. And the fact he was funny and made us laugh was a bonus. Caleb actually even agreed to talk to my brother in Ohio because I trusted his opinion. I know my brother was a hard on him with some issues with the car I was considering, Caleb was honest and polite the whole time. Very patient. Because of this, I felt better about my choice and purchased the car. Not everyone would deal with that. I left with a car, confidence, and a smile on my face because I did this on my own. Thank you Don Ayres for being so good to your customers. I also want to thank Rob Braselton from your parts department......because of him I drove to your car lot that day. I work with his wife and she knew my situation. Rob sent her a text of the cars in the lot in my price range. Because of his time and dedication to his job...he brought you a customer. Thank you, Rob.

Don Ayres Honda responded to this review

July 15, 2015

Cathy, Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad we were able to put you at ease and make your purchase a pleasant experience. It's something we work very hard at every day with all of our customers. I'll be sure to share your review with Caleb, Rob and our entire management team. Sincerely, John Watkins Business Improvement Manager

Real People - No High Pressure

by from South Bend, IN |

Shane Sullivan was straight forward and personable from the first phone call! Very nice to work with. My wife and I were looking for a fairly specific type of vehicle for her. Don Ayres had a used car that fit closely the type we had been searching for. We also had a fairly tight comfort zone for the amount we wanted to finance. They respected both as our needs as the customer and worked with us to get us into a nice, clean, mechanically sound car. We drove almost 2 hours to test drive the car they had. The car was experiencing some minor pulsating in the brakes during our test drive. Shane and team promised to have the issue resolved for us. In just under one business day the car was ready to be picked up! When we drove it again the problem was gone, as promised. Shane and others at Don Ayres worked with us to achieve our goal. The team at Don Ayres made us feel like more than just a potential sale. I believe they treated us like they would want to be treated if they were in our situation.

Good experience

by from Fort Wayne |

Went in to browse without the intent to purchase yet. Salesman, Cleveland was soft spoken and patient and showed us a car we decided to buy. Everyone was nice. My only complaint since we were not financing the car was the amount of time it took to finalize everything.

Great service!!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Everyone here is so friendly & helpful. I knew what I was looking for & they didn't try to have me look at other vehicles. Rick Kruger was very informative with telling me everything about the car which was great because I'm a women & don't understand everything. I would definitely go back here for another car & I plan on recommending everyone I know to go there!

Don Ayres Honda responded to this review

July 17, 2015

Kristine, Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy to hear that Rick was so helpful. I'll be sure to share your review with Rick and our management team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in for service. John Watkins Business Improvement Manager

Chad Oberlin sold us our 2012 Honda Odyssey

by from Fort Wayne, Indiana |

Chad was very friendly and helpful in the buying process. The reason we purchased "another" Honda product from Don Ayres is mainly the service department and Doug Waltz. Good service is very high on our wish list for a dealership. Don Ayres has been excellent, and we are very pleased. Thank You All! I just recommended you to a friend, and he is probably going to visit you soon.

Great experience

by from Fort Wayne, Indiana |

I had a great experience with Don Ayers and Matt Thorpe especially. I have purchased my last 3 vehicles from Don Ayers and Matt has helped me each time. He has gotten us in the right vehicle each time and when my lease is up next year im going back to Don Ayers and am going to have Matt help me again. He really cares about getting you in the right vehicle for your situation. He helped me get a Honda Pilot which will be great for my growing family! Thanks Matt!

Repeat Customers Very Happy with Our Multiple Cars

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

In October of 2013, my husband and found the perfect vehicles for us at Don Ayres. I had visited every car dealer in Fort Wayne and discovered that Don Ayres had the cleanest cars that fit our needs at the best prices. At other dealers, I would find vehicles that fit the price range but then there would be a big dent or other issue. We were so happy with our purchases that we brought my mother in a couple of months later when she was ready to replace her car. She loves her new car. More recently, the engine went out on my son's car (a regret purchase from a small car lot). We immediately turned to Don Ayres and working with Jeff Gilmore, my son was able to buy a great car and begin to establish his own credit history. What's really great is that Jeff helped us when he thought we "belonged" to another salesperson who was unavailable at the time. He helped us so we wouldn't be left waiting. A couple of weeks later, my mom returned to work with Jeff to find a car for my nephew. He too, left with a car in which he could feel confident and comfortable. Moreover, my son and I had some questions about how some of the features of his car worked. Jeff took the time to show my son what he needed to know, a couple weeks after the sale was completed. When we are ready for another vehicle, we will be back to Don Ayres!

Great Servie & clean facilities

by from Ossian, IN |

I just want to let you know how pleased I was yesterday, Wednesday, July 27th, when I came into your Service Depaartment, for recalls. I needed two air bags replaced. My real problem was I had not been able to use my radio since last October, when my battery went dead. All I had to do was mention this to your friendly Service Advisor (Charles Suter). I asked him how much it would cost me to get the code for my radio & of course, could they do it while they were working on my recalls. He was so nice and informed me there would be no cost and he would be able to do this for me. He made my day. I do need to mention that we did not buy our Honda at your establishment, it was bought in Florida, where we resided at the time of our purchase. I had heard from my daughter & son-in-law, who have purchased their Honda's from your establishment, about your terrific service, I now know they were not exaggerating. Once again, thanks again & a special thank you to Chuck. Sincerely yours, Gloria Clore

Don Ayres Used Cars

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Buying from Don Ayres was a great choice. I was looking for a used vehicle within a strict budget, and thats what salesman Jeff Gilmore did for me! I bought an '09 Honda CR-V and am in love with it. The service was great and everyone working there was very helpful to me in my car buying process! Will be buying from them again!

Great Selection - Fair Prices

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

We looked online and saw a couple of cars we were interested in checking out for our son. We met Jeff Ward once we arrived at the dealership to show us around. He could not have been any more helpful or polite as our son test drove three different cars before he selected his favorite. I checked the pricing and found it to be very fair on all the cars we were interested in driving. The process was as seamless as possible (I don't like buying cars....hence my 4 vs 5 stars, but not their fault). This was the fourth car we've purchased at Don Ayres in the last 10 years and we'll be back when our youngest is ready to look for a car for himself. Don't hesitate to give these guys a chance.

Do not enjoy looking for & purchasing new vehicles

by from Auburn, Indiana |

2004 was the last time I had purchased a new vehicle and I was not looking forward to it even though it was 2015 and time to buy. We had visited one local dealership who pressured us from the minute we stepped on the lot although we stated we were just looking. When we finally broke away, the sales manager was still demanding to meet with us the next morning. After many positive recommendations from co-workers and friends we decided to visit Don Ayres Honda. What a difference in sales technique! Shannon Hoover and Shane Sullivan made it painless. My husband & I went one evening just to look around. Shannon was a no pressure saleman . The next evening I took a friend along so I could test drive vehicles. Test drove 3 of them. Another day my husband test drove the Honda Accord that I liked. Shane assisted us that day, showing us used and new. When we explained that we were only interested in used Shane said he understood & once again no pressure. On Monday, we returned to purchase the car. No hassle, best price in the area. Don Ayres Honda, Shannon & Shane restored my faith in car salesman. Jeremy Todd made the financing quick & easy as well. Thank you everyone for making purchasing a new car actually enjoyable!