Don Ayres Honda

Service 877-289-5760

12 Time President's Award Recipient

Very pleased.....

by from Claypool, In |

Bought a 2009 Mustang GT from Salesperson Jeff Ward. Jeff was very friendly, always professional, and a really good guy. I got an awesome vehicle at a fair price. Jeff even called today to make sure I was happy with my purchase. Never had THAT happen with any other dealer. The only thing that kind of threw me was that he was required to ride along on the test drive. That made me a bit nervous. (I even missed a shift.lol) Being 49 and a fairly clean cut person I have always been handed the keys and told "enjoy, see ya when you get back." I do understand why they do this in a larger town like Ft Wayne. But it was a first for me. I would definitely buy another vehicle from Jeff. He is a standup guy. And Don Ayres Honda was a pleasure to deal with.

Great Service Great Vehicle

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Jeff Gilmore really went out of his way to assist with the purchase of this vehicle. I look forward to working with him and Don Ayers Honda moving forward

Great experience!

by from Marion, Iowa |

My wife and I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey on 10/29/2013, Seth was great to work with. The price was better than other dealers. I flew in from Iowa and Seth picked me up from the airport in the Journey, After driving it back and inspecting it I was on my way home after completing the paperwork. Great staff and easy to deal with.

All around great service.

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

When car shopping I checked out a few local dealers. Of all the places Don Ayres Honda had the most options, best costumer service and great financing/warranty options. The Don Ayres Honda staff was professional, willing to listen and beyond polite. We were all there for a purpose and I feel like we all felt satisfied at the end of the purchase. I will proudly refer others looking for a vehicle to Don Ayres.

Well worth the drive

by from Wabash, IN |

Ty Odle ensured I had a good experience. I appreciate his soft pedaled approach. I drove from Wabash to purchase this car, and based on this experience, would do it again.

2012 Honda Accord SE purchase September 27, 2013

by from North Manchester, IN |

Don Ayres Honda was recommended to us by a friend after he purchased a new Honda CRV in May. The sales consultant he dealt with and recommended was Shawn Baney. We were in the market for a used car and my husband had his sights on a CRV. After checking out the website for available vehicles in our price range, low mileage, and from this century (!), we had several choices in Accords and CRV's. We made an appointment to meet with Shawn at 10:30 a.m. on Friday and by 2 p.m. we were leaving the dealership in our "new" 2012 Honda Accord SE. We were shown the vehicles we had looked up online. We were not pressured into finding anything other than what we wanted to see. The CRV was fine, but was very much like the Jeep we own. I was looking for a comfortable sedan that will be good for long distance travel as well as local running around. The 2012 Accord was upgraded by Honda before the 2013/14 ones came out redesigned as explained to us by Shawn. We test drove the vehicle which was in impeccable condition. The financing process went smoothly. A lower rate was found for our financing than my husband had found at one of local credit unions. It was as painless as possible experience buying a car. We really thought we would be making a return trip to pick up the car. Taking it home the same day was a plus for us. Shawn was very good at describing the good qualities of the Accord and again, we didn't feel at all pressured by him to look at anything else newer or higher priced. The follow-up calls after the purchase were appreciated. We had at least three other consultants ask if they could help us when they saw us looking at cars. No one was pushy, but offering assistance. We have not yet used the service department so cannot comment on that aspect of Don Ayres Honda. We are satisfied to date on our purchase and would recommend them to car buyers.

Quick and painless

by from Kokomo IN |

It's amazing how this dealership is almost always in the top search results of the cars I was interested in, especially if sorting by lowest price, even among certified used ones. They are quick on e-mail inquiries. Even the Sara Ayres took the time to respond. They have high sales volume so that made my research a little tough. I also like how they reduce the price if the car has been sitting on their lot for a while. So it was also a waiting game like playing sniper. I kept an eye on a bunch of 2012 Civics, and another on the Subarus. Everytime I thought that was it ... poof ! It was gone. Finally decided on a 2012 Sport Premium Impreza. I was suprised how buying from this dealership was quick and painless. Darrin Bickel was pretty much straightforward. No drama. Accomodated me on right away from emails to test drive to sales closing. Even gave me a free foglight. Jami Langham made the financing easy to understand. I did not feel rushed. The best part, I got a very, very NICE rate from Teachers Credit Union. I got to drive the car home on the same afternoon. Everything went smoothly. My overall experience was almost perfect ... except for that I hit a deer 4 days later. I know, right? But that's a totally different story. My car's back on the road now and ready for bad weather.

Excellent Service and Pricing

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I just recently bought a 2007 Honda Civic Sedan. The entire process was very smooth and quick. Ty Odle was the salesman and I was very impressed with the overall knowledge of not only Honda automobiles but other makes and models also. Financing through Don Ayres also saved me .5% off my loan vs what my credit union offered me. Finally was also able to purchased a very reasonably priced 5 year 50,000 bumper to bumper warranty with only a $50 deductible.

Used car purchase

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Jeff Ward was a wonderful salesman for our used purchase! The financing was great with Jarred, but almost a "buzz kill" when he kept pushing extended warranty on us. I know the commission is great for selling these warranties, but I would not be paying high dollar for Toyota or Honda if I felt it was necessary. He kept expressing concern of Don Ayers reputation without buying the warranty and I said " you are about to ruin the reputation". We made life easy on Ayers and Ayers made life easy on us up until the end with pushing extended warranty. Moving forward, listen to the consumer and "no means no". In the end, Jeff added fuel and explained features on our way out.

12.95 oil change not worth it

by from Fort Wayne in |

This city needs another Honda dealer besides ayres. Always a long wait for oil changes they don't give loaners if you spend a lot on repairs of if the car is not driveable

Don Ayres Honda responded to this review

August 14, 2013

Thank you for expressing your concern. We do understand your frustration. We have looked into this, and unfortunately, we are not able to offer this service at this time due to stipulations by our insurance provider.