Hometown Subaru Kia Hyundai

117 Midtown Ave, Mt Hope, WV 25880

New 888-732-4333
Used 877-625-1419
Service 877-245-0910

worst car buying and car repair experience ever

by from Fayetteville WV |

If I could give them zero stars I would. Would never go back here.the car buying experience was very high pressure and what we were told verbally was different than what we got on paper. Lesson learned. If something doesn't feel right walk out. Had a problem with our air conditioning system and if felt like they just kept replacing parts until they finally got it right. They either don't know what they are doing or purposely ripped us off. They took us for $2000. Go anywhere but here.

As promised below Im back with the results

by from Pennsylvania |

I am Joe, the guy who wrote the Excellent review below, promising to get back once I had my mechanic at home take a look. Turns out I broke a timing belt and bent two Valves, also damaging two guides. These guys at Hometown told me I had destroyed two heads! Instead of a valve job, Hometown told me that both heads needed to be replaced. They "just happened" to have the used heads on hand, explaining that this good luck was saving me more than a thousand dollars. They had to send the used heads out for a valve job and some machining. (Turns out they could have done this with my heads but then they would not have been able to charge me for the two heads.) In the end they got me for $3200, the majority of which was labor, and which my home mechanic of eighteen years tells me is about twice too high--even for dealership rates. My mechanic is fixing the old heads and expects them to cost me about $400 to get them back to perfect and installed. Also, they took four days (three and a half anyway) while I sat and stewed in a local hotel. A valve job could have been done overnight. Lesson: when being towed down the road, don't always assume you are better off with a dealer's service. Subaru must have little oversight over its dealers. I have owned Subaru's for thirty years. If they can't clean up their corrupt dealership network I will be thinking hard about purchasing another one. Lesson 2: When being towed down the road near Beckley, WV, tell the tow truck driver to go ahead and save you some money by towing you several States away! These are very nice guys. Don't be fooled by the nice guy act, they are out to take every penny they can.

Fine service, pulled this traveller out of a jam

by from Altoona, pa |

My soulmate, an old forest or, blew her head gasket at 94000. This is a common problem, but this happened to me far from home. I had her towed to hometown on a Sunday, and checked myself into a nearby hotel expecting the worst. Instead, I received an early Monday phone call from Drew, explaining the results of the compression test and the need for a new head gasket. I will report back on the quality of the repair and the price, once I can get my local dealer to look it over. But these guys have been great. Nobody likes to have their vacation disrupted by an unexpected $3300 repair bill in another State. But these things happen. When they do happen, it is nice to have a professional dealer appear on the horizon. Thanks Hometown!

OUT TO TAKE EVERYTHING YOU OWN

by from Beckley WV |

Ernie Davis enough said. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! Place is a joke. Same for the Hyundai dealership

Hometown Subaru Kia Hyundai responded to this review

July 6, 2012

So sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. My name is Shawn Pino, I am the Internet Manager for Hometown Automotive Group. I would be happy to speak to you regarding a resolution to your issues. Feel free to call me at (304)890-1073. I will be happy to help any way I can! :)

HAPPY BUT HAD TO HAVE PATIENCE

by from MOUNT HOPE,WV |

BOUGHT A NEW KIA SORENTO AND I GOT THE ONE I ACTUALLY WANTED BUT IT TOOK FOREVER! IT DIDNT TAKE US LONG TO FIGURE OUT WHICH CAR WE WANTED BUT IT SEEMED IT TOOK THE FINANCE MANAGER FOREVER TO GET EVERYTHING READY. WE WERE THERE ALMOST 6 HOURS! BLAH. BUT WE ENDED UP WITH A VEHICLE WE ARE VERY SATIFIED WITH SO IT IS WORTH IT NOW.

Hometown Subaru Kia Hyundai responded to this review

July 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your business! We really appreciate your patience. There are many factors that effect the Finance step of a purchase. However, we do offer an Online Credit Application , and Test Drive Request Form on our website to help speed up the process. :)