Chip Banks Chevrolet Buick Inc.

Chip Banks Chevrolet Buick Inc.

1116 S Washington St, Du Quoin, IL 62832

New 888-238-6759
Used 888-678-0697
Service 888-529-0282

Cars Cost Less At Chip Banks Chevy Buick

They returned call quickly after internet inquiry

by from Cape Girardeau, MO |

I have not decided what vehicle I want to buy yet.

service dept. was Great!

by from herrin, IL |

I had a great experience with the service dept at Chip Banks. They got me in and out without any hassle. The dept was clean and comfortable while I wanted the short time it took for my oil change and check up.They went over a few miner things I will need done. Also told me They would make a new key at no extra cost. I find this service honest, friendly and helpful.

service manager does not know what service is

by from duqoin |

I had my 2015 Silverado serviced at this dealership. I specifically requested oil change and top off DEF. I was in the waiting room during this service. When the vehicle was done , I noticed they rotated the tires. This normally would not be a problem , but they did a 4 tire rotation on a dually with polished alloy wheels. This is not a proper dual wheel rotation for starters. Secondly the wheels are position specific. They cannot be reversed because they are polished on one side only. When I got out the owners manual and showed the service manager the paragraph that stated this info, he proceded to tell me the owners manual was wrong, and the people that wrote it don't know anything. I pointed out the obvious milling/tooling marks that showed the inside of the wheel was indeed unfinished. He continued to argue the point with me ,and refused to own this. One reason they should not even have rotated the tires is because the vehicle only had 6000 miles on it and they had obviously had already been done because I had the tires balanced on the inside only, because I did not want wheel weights on the outside of the wheels. This requires the use of tape type weights, that, when you put the front wheel on the rear the weights are now in the middle of the rim on the outside, and is really stupid looking, I can not believe that at this point they did not come and ask me about if I wanted my 68,000 dollar truck looking like this. The service manager said I am the only person that has ever complained after doing a totally unapproved rotation procedure on a alloy equipped 1 ton. When I told him the tire rotation was not even due until 7500 miles he told me that the owners manual was wrong about that too .The clever service manager ,when making the invoice, noted on the invoice that customer requested rotation and that the rear wheels were damaged due to being mounted to a tire balancer. Writing this on a invoice does not make it true. I did not ask for a rotation and the outside of the rear wheels were damaged when the rear wheel ,polished side in, was drug across the hub extension on the front. The wheel balancer uses a tapered cone in the center hole and does not touch the rim of the wheel. And they forgot to top off the DEF. This service manager obviously used to sell used cars, and probably should return to that profession.

great service

by from du quoin |

I went there to buy a car the dealers Were great nice and friendly they help me get a good used car in my price range