James Motor Company

2440 Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40502

New 888-506-7169
Used 888-798-1951
Service 877-468-9285

Great People to work with, service was great

by from Pikeville, KY |

I have used the service dept for many years and they have always treated me with Respect and got my car finished in a professional, timely manner.

Awesome Experience

by from Lexington, KY |

Awesome Experience I recently visited James Motor Company and was in need of purchasing a new car. One misconception with James Motor Company is that they only sell Mercedes. I was pleasantly surprised by the other brands of used cars they had. As soon as I walked through the front doors for the first time, I was greeted by several employees and was offered free coffee and pastries. I was fortunate to be greeted by Tony Brusate. He answered all the questions I had and gave me some very helpful feedback. He pointed me in the direction of a Honda Accord. Like most salesmen, he praised all the positives of the vehicle, but unlike nearly 99% of them, he also mentioned the negatives as well. Tony was very personable and extremely helpful. After test driving and sealing the deal, I was sent to one of the nicest Finance employees; Jessica Wilson. She was very helpful and made the least exciting part of buying a car very painless. I highly recommend seeking out James Motors Company for your automobile needs and enjoy all the perks of being a customer. Each Saturday they will hand-wash your car while you help yourself to: coffee, expresso, hot chocolate, doughnuts, or muffins. You won't find a friendlier place than James Motors.

Excellent professionalism

by from Lexington, KY |

I am in the market for a used CPO Mercedes. I worked with Larry Cartwright. He was the most knowledgeable and professional salesman I have ever dealt with. All questions, emails and phone calls were returned promptly. Even when I decided I needed a few more weeks to make a decision, there was no high pressure/heavy handed tactics used to try to change my mind. He was a true gentleman and has gained my upmost trust. When I am ready to buy...Larry will be my "go to" guy and I would refer anyone to him and the overall experience I recieved from the staff at James. Steve H. Lexington, Kentucky

Tailgate Repair on Mercedes

by from Elizabethtown, KY 42701 |

My husband and I had an appointment on Friday, 16 May for our Mercedes ...the tailgate wasn't working. I have to admit that we ended up in Lexington verses Louisville to get the repair done and that was the best decision we ever made. From the time we pulled up at the Service Dept till we left, the entire experience was excellent. They were polite and courteous... they provided us a Loaner vehicle so we wouldn't have to sit there for hours...when we did return to the dealership, they immediately told us what the problem was, the entire estimated cost, and said it wouldn't be long until it was done. The experience was great - and the staff were ALL nice. It was down to earth attitudes - not condescending or cold. One thing for sure, we will go back for our service and when we do get ready to purchase another car, we will go there! This is what good Customer Service should be like and should be practiced by all dealerships...

Great people

by from Lexington, ky |

We loved the buying experience. It was very low pressure and we made a good friend with our sales person, Jeff Watson. He and the finance manager Jessica answered all of our questions and we're very patient with us during our process....that type of service is falling by the waste side. Keep up the great work and we will be back for another vehicle next year!!

Impressed!

by from Richmond, KY |

James Mercedes is by far the best experience I have had at a dealership. I rolled up in my 9 year old Jetta wearing a flannel shirt and ratty jeans, obviously not able to afford anything on their lot, but I wanted to check out the new S-Class. Tony, the salesperson who I spoke with, was professional, polite, let me check out the S-Class, answered my questions and did not seem bothered or anxious to get me to leave since I clearly couldn't afford it. I cannot state enough how much I was blown away by how accommodating he and the rest of the staff was. They offered me coffee or hot chocolate as if I were a regular customer! I must say that the new S-Class is extremely nice, but I was also impressed by that new CLA. It's a contender for when I decide to replace my VW.

Wonderful experience!

by from Georgetown, KY |

Love, love love the car! Our sales person, Tony, was such a pleasure to work with. He helped us narrow down the search for the car that suited us best without any sales pressure at all. Once our decision was made, he helped us get the perfect vehicle and at a better price than expected! We should also say we were also pleased to see how your detail shop prepared our car for pick up in a condition that was as good as brand new. Some of the effort that went into this might have been Tony's -- he was polishing on the car even as we arrived. Well done! Thanks for going the extra mile!

Wonderful

by from Lexington |

When I came to JMC looking for a new car I met with a salesman by the name of Scott Stoess. He was great to work with, very patient in finding the right car to me and made my buying experience wonderful. I highly suggest visiting JMC. Great staff and service, and beautiful facilities and cars. 5 stars!

Run.........Run Away!

by from Cincinnati, Ohio |

It was bad right from the start. When my wife and I arrived at the dealership, we drove a lap around the lot to see if the car she was interested in was still around. By that time a salesman had come outside in an attempt to direct me into a parking spot. Of course, I was not even out of my car yet and there he was, right at my door. I have purchased high line cars from Bentley, Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar etc. all over the country, from San Francisco to Dallas, Miami and Greenwich, CT, but I have never been stalked by a lot lizard in the parking lot before. Not at all what I expect from a Mercedes-Benz dealer. My wife was interested in a 2010 CPO Mercedes. I have purchased CPO cars in the past and I had faith in the program and the standards that Mercedes claims are upheld in the car. The car was filthy. However, it was early on a Monday and the car was used over the weekend so I just guessed that it had not been cleaned yet. The car was in the colors that we were looking for and it did have the options that we wanted so we them a made an offer. The negotiations were pressured and not professional at all. Exactly what I would expect from a low level used car lot. NOT a Mercedes-Benz dealer. We did come to terms however after we left the dealership. We came back a few days later to pick the car up. The one bright spot in this entire transaction was the business mgr. Jessica Wilson. She is smart, professional and has a customer-focused attitude. The real problems came to light after we got the car home. It became very clear that there were several things listed on the MERCEDES-BENZ CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION REPORT that were overlooked or just marked PASSED without inspection at all. Because of this, I have zero confidence in there service dept. and the entire James Motor Co. My advice is to run, run away. Drive to the Mercedes dealer in Louisville or Cincinnati. They seem to live by the standards that Mercedes has built their brand on.

Easy Process

by from Crestwood, KY |

Found a car I was interested in and worked with Greg Donahoe. Everything was ready when I arrived for my appointment and the process of buying the car was easier that I had imagined. Greg even went with me after the purchase was complete to help set up some of the systems in the car and make sure I understood some of the safety features.

Very good experience

by from Lexington, KY |

Just bought my first Mercedes! David Dunn was very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with in the buying process. He was also patient in explaining the many functions of my car. My overall experience was excellent and I look forward to dealing with David and James Motor in the future.