James Motor Company

2440 Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40502

New 888-506-7169
Used 888-798-1951
Service 877-468-9285

Great People to work with, service was great

by from Pikeville, KY |

I have used the service dept for many years and they have always treated me with Respect and got my car finished in a professional, timely manner.

Purchase New MB

by from Lexington, KY |

If anyone is looking for a new or used Mercedes Benz, I would recommend them to contact Tony Brusate and James Motors, Lex. Ky. Tony is extremely professional and knowledgeable about his products. He takes special interest in determining your requirements and goals, then does his best to meet those goals. Lee Larry does and excellent job in preparing your automobile for delivery and addition to cleaning your auto when you bring it in to the dealership as part of the dealership service.

Best MB dealer

by from Lexington, KY |

I just bought my second MB S-class from James. Without a doubt this dealership is without a peer. I found every employee I met to be friendly, open, honest and tireless in assisting me in choosing my car, arranging my trade-in, obtaining very competitive financing and assuring me in every regard that every need would be met without hesitation. I am not only exceedingly pleased with my new MB, but with my experience in dealing with James Motor Company.

Worst Experience Ever!!!

by from Lawrenceburg, IN |

Worst Car Buying Experience Ever!!! I can't believe this place has ever gotten a positive review, EVER! In 25 years of purchasing vehicles, James Motor Company doesn't even rank on the charts for how poorly they operate. I would have given them all "zeros" but unfortunately "one star" is as low as you can go. When you inform the sales person (David Dunn) over the phone you will be traveling over 100 miles (a 2 hour drive) to look at a car and that you are only interested in a PRISTINE vehicle, "NO DOOR DINGS, NO SCRATCHES, NO DENTS, AN IMMACULATE INTERIOR", and that we are only interested in Certified Pre Owned because they are "expected" to have Newer Tires and Brakes and Fully Maintained etc., you expect that. David supposedly took the time to visually inspect the vehicle himself, stating there aren't any Dings, Dents, or Scratches, it looks perfect/almost brand new, and there is plenty of tread on the tires and brakes, its CPO! We Trusted David's assessment of the vehicle and haggled over the price, a few days later we decided we were going to take the drive to Lexington to purchase the vehicle. We called the dealership and David, stating our intensions. This is when the NIGHTMARE began. It took us over 4 hours to figure out an acceptable financing option that James Motor Co would consider. The Dealership was UNWILLING to work with us and the Delta Airlines Credit Union, the Credit Union we have been a member of for almost 20 years.... We were Pre Approved and DACU was Willing to send us to the dealer with a Certified Check in hand. James Motor Co stated they wouldn't accept a certified check from them or anyone else! We tried suggesting idea after idea to make the deal work, all with rejection. They finally said they wouldn't sign any contract with DACU as the lien holder, that the car needed to be purchased with Cash, or it needed to be financed thru one of their banks/lending institutions or Mercedes Benz (for those of you that don't know, lenders give kick backs to dealers if they can get someone to finance through them). After being insanely difficult for several hours (DACU even warned us, stating that James Motor Co practices were suspect, that they never experienced the difficulties we were having), we went against our better judgment and just decided to finance the vehicle through Mercedes Benz (to get the deal done and the following day we would transfer the loan to our Credit Union). My wife filled out all the appropriate paperwork and as expected we were approved. Off to the dealer we went, over 100 miles and 2 hours later we arrived at James Motor Co. We saw the vehicle off to the side and approached it. Within 10 seconds I noticed the Door Ding!!!! Are you kidding me!!! Within the next 2 minutes I noticed the 20 plus scratches all over the vehicle. Some minor, just in the clear coat (who knows if they would buff out or not?) and some more significant, into the paint (definitely won?t buff out). Whaaattt!! Then I inspected the tires, CPO..... yeah CPO. The tires were at the Mercedes Benz CPO Tread Wear Limit. I couldn't believe it they looked so warn. I actually asked a maintenance tech come out and measure the tread depth. One tire was under the limit, Two were at the limit, and the last tire was just over the limit. After I expressed my utter disappointment/disgust with David's assessment of the vehicle, he convinced us to take the vehicle for a drive. I turned the ignition on and noticed the vehicle didn't have the 24,500 miles as advertised but 27,000 miles (2,500 more miles)!!! To say the least, we DID NOT buy this vehicle from James Motor Co and seriously contemplated purchasing a Mercedes Benz at all from the treatment we received. After returning home from our 2 hour drive and wasting the entire day, we continued our vehicle search. We did find a respectable, honest, extremely easy to work with dealer (accepting our Cert Check), that had the Pristine Mer Benz we wanted.

Awesome Experience

by from Lexington, KY |

Awesome Experience I recently visited James Motor Company and was in need of purchasing a new car. One misconception with James Motor Company is that they only sell Mercedes. I was pleasantly surprised by the other brands of used cars they had. As soon as I walked through the front doors for the first time, I was greeted by several employees and was offered free coffee and pastries. I was fortunate to be greeted by Tony Brusate. He answered all the questions I had and gave me some very helpful feedback. He pointed me in the direction of a Honda Accord. Like most salesmen, he praised all the positives of the vehicle, but unlike nearly 99% of them, he also mentioned the negatives as well. Tony was very personable and extremely helpful. After test driving and sealing the deal, I was sent to one of the nicest Finance employees; Jessica Wilson. She was very helpful and made the least exciting part of buying a car very painless. I highly recommend seeking out James Motors Company for your automobile needs and enjoy all the perks of being a customer. Each Saturday they will hand-wash your car while you help yourself to: coffee, expresso, hot chocolate, doughnuts, or muffins. You won't find a friendlier place than James Motors.

Excellent professionalism

by from Lexington, KY |

I am in the market for a used CPO Mercedes. I worked with Larry Cartwright. He was the most knowledgeable and professional salesman I have ever dealt with. All questions, emails and phone calls were returned promptly. Even when I decided I needed a few more weeks to make a decision, there was no high pressure/heavy handed tactics used to try to change my mind. He was a true gentleman and has gained my upmost trust. When I am ready to buy...Larry will be my "go to" guy and I would refer anyone to him and the overall experience I recieved from the staff at James. Steve H. Lexington, Kentucky

Tailgate Repair on Mercedes

by from Elizabethtown, KY 42701 |

My husband and I had an appointment on Friday, 16 May for our Mercedes ...the tailgate wasn't working. I have to admit that we ended up in Lexington verses Louisville to get the repair done and that was the best decision we ever made. From the time we pulled up at the Service Dept till we left, the entire experience was excellent. They were polite and courteous... they provided us a Loaner vehicle so we wouldn't have to sit there for hours...when we did return to the dealership, they immediately told us what the problem was, the entire estimated cost, and said it wouldn't be long until it was done. The experience was great - and the staff were ALL nice. It was down to earth attitudes - not condescending or cold. One thing for sure, we will go back for our service and when we do get ready to purchase another car, we will go there! This is what good Customer Service should be like and should be practiced by all dealerships...

Great people

by from Lexington, ky |

We loved the buying experience. It was very low pressure and we made a good friend with our sales person, Jeff Watson. He and the finance manager Jessica answered all of our questions and we're very patient with us during our process....that type of service is falling by the waste side. Keep up the great work and we will be back for another vehicle next year!!

Impressed!

by from Richmond, KY |

James Mercedes is by far the best experience I have had at a dealership. I rolled up in my 9 year old Jetta wearing a flannel shirt and ratty jeans, obviously not able to afford anything on their lot, but I wanted to check out the new S-Class. Tony, the salesperson who I spoke with, was professional, polite, let me check out the S-Class, answered my questions and did not seem bothered or anxious to get me to leave since I clearly couldn't afford it. I cannot state enough how much I was blown away by how accommodating he and the rest of the staff was. They offered me coffee or hot chocolate as if I were a regular customer! I must say that the new S-Class is extremely nice, but I was also impressed by that new CLA. It's a contender for when I decide to replace my VW.

Wonderful experience!

by from Georgetown, KY |

Love, love love the car! Our sales person, Tony, was such a pleasure to work with. He helped us narrow down the search for the car that suited us best without any sales pressure at all. Once our decision was made, he helped us get the perfect vehicle and at a better price than expected! We should also say we were also pleased to see how your detail shop prepared our car for pick up in a condition that was as good as brand new. Some of the effort that went into this might have been Tony's -- he was polishing on the car even as we arrived. Well done! Thanks for going the extra mile!

Wonderful

by from Lexington |

When I came to JMC looking for a new car I met with a salesman by the name of Scott Stoess. He was great to work with, very patient in finding the right car to me and made my buying experience wonderful. I highly suggest visiting JMC. Great staff and service, and beautiful facilities and cars. 5 stars!